Pride FC and MMA

Haz

Great fights last week. Huge Florian fan so was happy to see him in great shape, I'm excited to see who he's matched up with. Maybe Gray Maynard in Boston, not too sure. Mir's win was fantastic and so was Penn's. That cut was insane. In post fight interviews Mir and Penn both cited Pacquiao as someone they looked at in improving their game, thought that was pretty cool.

That uberknee Fujita ate was scary. The arm snappage was gruesome, and Aoki flipping him off like that was totally messed up (I still lol'd though). Early stoppages galore, but it beats brain damage. Goodridge needs to stop fighting asap. Kid Yamamoto's loss was disappointing, but somewhat expected. All in all, a decent NYE card.

The card wasn't that bad. There weren't many names but the fights were decent and it gave me some new people to root for. Daley's knockout was great and the fights were entertaining. It was cool seeing some personality from fighters who are trying to make a name like Sam Stout.

Also it's funny/depressing how most former pride big shots like yvel come over talking shit and then get ruined...

• 4 weeks later...
The card wasn't that bad. There weren't many names but the fights were decent and it gave me some new people to root for. Daley's knockout was great and the fights were entertaining. It was cool seeing some personality from fighters who are trying to make a name like Sam Stout.

Also it's funny/depressing how most former pride big shots like yvel come over talking shit and then get ruined...

So I guess you qualify as a Pride big shot when you only won like 1 fight in Pride and it was against a Japanese can?

they should launch the seniors UFC with couture v coleman. seriously. 40 and up.

and as far as yvel and the shit talking. when you suck you have to talk shit to get people to pay attention, i.e. to get paid and not be another can.

i want to see A. silva fight GSP. catch weight or exhibition i don't care. just a dream methinks.

That actually may happen. GSP is currently putting on mass to make a run at 185 and Andy wont fight 205 because Lyoto is there being douchebag.

That actually may happen. GSP is currently putting on mass to make a run at 185 and Andy wont fight 205 because Lyoto is there being douchebag.

Mis-spoke about Yvel, guess I just assumed most of his former fights were pride. It's such shit that Silva won't fight Machida, although I think the fight has lost a lot of mystique after the last Machida fight. Where did you read about GSP going up to 185, I know a lot of people have wanted that and it was inevitable but I didn't realize he was already in the motions. I doubt he would start putting on mass before his Hardy fight only to cut it (hasn't he mentioned how he doesn't like to cut), and I thought he was considering more making a go at being in the Olympics.

Just watched Strikeforce, Walkers opponent was TERRIBLE yet he managed to last 2 and a half rounds. I don't want MMA to become like boxing, where fighters are thrown scrubs to beat down. Matchmaking should be about making the best possible fight, not about giving a fighter 30 wins against nobodies to pad his record out.

• 3 weeks later...