Pride FC and MMA

Haz

All credit to fightmetric, a fantastic website

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

Shogun landed 82 strikes out of 149.

Lyoto landed 42 strikes out of 116.

Shogun had 55% accuracy

Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).

Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots).

Lyoto landed 24 shots to the body

Shogun landed 16 shots to the body

Shogun landed 49 leg kicks.

Lyoto landed 4 leg kicks.

Shogun landed 48 strikes from distance.

Lyoto landed 26 strikes from distance.

Shogun landed 34 strikes from the clinch.

Lyoto landed 16 strikes from the clinch.

Your conclusion?

makes me question whether ufc is fixed. it's getting pretty ridiculous.

UFC has nothing to do with the judging, but the state commission. dana white has always been critical about the judges and refs with MMA. I'd definitely be surprise if there wasn't going to be a rematch with Rua before anyone else.

god ufc sucked shogun/machida decision was ridiculous, i hope they cut okami so he can go to japan and become a star

dream was fantastic

shibata ko'd his idol

zaromskis is like a mini cro cop

overeem fight was funny

saku came through and almost ripped zelgs knee off

alvarez does it again, officially my favorite fighter, dude always puts on a good show and pulls a win out. i hope crusher smashes aoki and we can see kawajiri and alvarez 2 for the dream belt

UFC has nothing to do with the judging, but the state commission. dana white has always been critical about the judges and refs with MMA. I'd definitely be surprise if there wasn't going to be a rematch with Rua before anyone else.

the ufc could easily influence the judges though, everyone likes money

shogun proved he better, pride is still strong

If you thought 104 was a bad production then you should just find another sport. Anyway, heres some hilarious video I took of everyone hating Machida.

sV2eatDwgTU

cecil-peoples-figure.jpg

Oh god, Cecil Peoples.

Hes a pretty funny guy, but I hate him as a judge. I dont understand why he judges MMA.

He could barely judge basic point fighting. All you do is see who hit who first, and then point at them.

He would be the only guy pointing at one person, while 4 other judges were pointing at the other fighter, and then he would change his mind and point because theyre all pointing.

Fuckin a Cecil Peoples... Fuckin a.

If you thought 104 was a bad production then you should just find another sport. Anyway, heres some hilarious video I took of everyone hating Machida.

sV2eatDwgTU

just goes to show your average MMA fan knows a thing or two about loyalty.

Wasnt everyone just talking about how it would take approximately 2 years for people to develop the skill set to best machida and silva?

Machidas style isnt exciting to watch at all, what were they expecting? He's a counter styled fighter who can get in a knockout. Judging aside, this was a good fight imo

I want Houston to win. He can stay in UFC a little longer and be the butt of more HL reels(like gono was in pride), and he seems like a very nice guy.

houston and kimbo both seem like really pretty nice guys, i wonder how many fights kimbo can lose though before he gets cut