waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

not really, just trying to lose a little cause it would benefit me overall. fitting better in the clothes im fond of just encourages me more.

no hate taken

You are nowhere near an unhealthy weight. You are not fat. That isnt the problem.

Your body type and frame is a stocky build. You have short legs and neotenic features. Losing weight wont change that, its genetic and skeletal. This also goes out to half the people on this forum wearing RO and Julius. No matter what you weigh , you will look awkward in these clothes.

Dress to flatter yourself, instead of accentuating the negatives which youre currently doing. Just because this look is the all the rage right now with you kids doesnt mean you have any business rockin it.

This is exactly like when all those shortlegged, wide-hipped chubbies got on the Dior Homme craze a few years back.

Youre not doing yourself or anyone else any favors steppin out like this. The tragedy is made all the worse by how much money you probably spent to achieve this "look".

You're a decent guy and I dont mean to single you out as there are much worse offenders on this forum, but this shits gotta end.

DSCF1588.JPG

Close up:

DSCF1591.JPG

maybe it's just the pic, but those shoes appear to have some major ronald mcdonald silouette issues. what are they anyway?

buttoning up that shirt would help shit, but i ain't really feeling it with everything else anyway.

I think it is just the pic (I do have big feet though), I was going to put a disclaimer about that actually. They are Acne Busters from SS07.

Full rundown would be:

Inapt (i'm considering selling it as the arms are a bit constrictive)

S2A

Jil

Polo(NV)

J.Lindeberg

Acne

headcoat - I'm built for RO/Ann D/Julius, etc. but I would never wear it cause I don't need EVERYTHING I wear reinforcing how skinny/slim/tall/gangly I am. So I say let him have it, regardless of his build.

Also, that look is SUPER played at this point.

Good Discussion!!

It's amazing and scary how stretching the photo a tiny bit makes a mild but discernible improvement to the look. And jeepster's talking a serious grass is greener effect as a counter point. I'm feeling nearly anyone's photo could be stretched to 6' and the look would buff a bit.

This is tough. The thing is, most of us are *people*. If we had absolutely perfect silhouettes, we probably wouldn't be taking photos of ourselves. We'd be walking down a runway and people would be taking photos of *us*.

There are dimensions that define the perfect shape. All of us deviate from that to some degree. Even a model will prefer to be shot from one side or the other. When we figure out what bit of ourselves is imperfect, we can exercise to improve in some cases, starve in others, or dress to hide.

Great posts, headcoat and jeepster.

Depending on body type, any given garment can be either accentuate or downplay a person's features. So what looks good on a short wide person can look bad on a tall, thin person and vice versa.

I'm just reminding people to keep that in mind and to not jump on every trend that comes along without considering their own figure. A lot of people on fashion forums seem to be blissfully unaware of how poorly certain aesthetics fit on their bodies. But you dont have to change your body to fit the clothes; instead, choose the clothes that fit your body.

Rick Owens in particular can be very unforgiving so why not try some Margiela or Yohji or the dozens of other designers that wont make a non-lean body look ridiculous.

Good Discussion!!

It's amazing and scary how stretching the photo a tiny bit makes a mild but discernible improvement to the look. And jeepster's talking a serious grass is greener effect as a counter point. I'm feeling nearly anyone's photo could be stretched to 6' and the look would buff a bit.

This is tough. The thing is, most of us are *people*. If we had absolutely perfect silhouettes, we probably wouldn't be taking photos of ourselves. We'd be walking down a runway and people would be taking photos of *us*.

There are dimensions that define the perfect shape. All of us deviate from that to some degree. Even a model will prefer to be shot from one side or the other. When we figure out what bit of ourselves is imperfect, we can exercise to improve in some cases, starve in others, or dress to hide.

Great posts, headcoat and jeepster.

i think it's that joey looks very comfortable in the rick that he wears, i hate to bring "swagger" into this but how comfortable you look in clothes comes into play.

edit: i also happen to agree with kunk though i don't like how the jacket fits, would've looked better with his number nines or a different jacket but still solid.

I'm a little curious as to why this kind of thing doesn't come up when JoeyFormal posts his fits? He generally has a lot better pieces and wears them well but his frame is similar, if not stockier. But I don't remember him catching flak (though, to be honest I haven't kept track).

Its ultimately not about height but proportions. There are guys here who are shorter than c.r.e.a.m. that can pull off the drkshdw jeans/hi-tops combo.

Biggest factors being the length of limbs relative to hip width and the size of the head compared to the body.

Thats why a lot of really short girls can look tall and leggy because they have narrow waist/hips and a small head with long limbs.