macbook info

rabka

My MacBook is running slower than it was six months ago.. Applications are taking longer to load, files are taking longer to open, etc..

Is there something that i can do that can speed shit up on this thing before i dump it and get one of the new ones that are (hopefully) coming out this summer?

I remember from being a PC user for years that Windoze comes with a few apps that speed back up the computer and generally clean it up every couple of months, but i'm not seeing an app that comes with OSX that does a similar thing.

Help?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My MacBook is running slower than it was six months ago.. Applications are taking longer to load, files are taking longer to open, etc..

Is there something that i can do that can speed shit up on this thing before i dump it and get one of the new ones that are (hopefully) coming out this summer?

I remember from being a PC user for years that Windoze comes with a few apps that speed back up the computer and generally clean it up every couple of months, but i'm not seeing an app that comes with OSX that does a similar thing.

Help?

reformat that bad boy

Help?

download "Main Menue"

Help?

i say download ONYX

after it's installed

click automation

check all boxes

then let it do it's thing

I just sent my macbook in for servicing for the 2nd time in a year. I'm mega upset.

The first time they said it was a 'faulty ram card slot', and this time i think it's a kernel panic (i got the prohibitory sign/question mark folder during startup). Do these things stem from heating issues or am i just extraordinarily unlucky? The only way i've ever abused my macbook was leaving it on overnight a for a few days, but that's about when all my problems started. Nothing's more depressing than a nonfunctioning computer.

you just did it wrong. search google or youtube to find a video. have you changed your ram og hd while having the battery out?

No, Just opened to check it out. I looked around and all the videos show the same thing. Tried it, didnt work. the battery still kicks out a little in one corner...

I just sent my macbook in for servicing for the 2nd time in a year. I'm mega upset.

The first time they said it was a 'faulty ram card slot', and this time i think it's a kernel panic (i got the prohibitory sign/question mark folder during startup). Do these things stem from heating issues or am i just extraordinarily unlucky? The only way i've ever abused my macbook was leaving it on overnight a for a few days, but that's about when all my problems started. Nothing's more depressing than a nonfunctioning computer.

my 17 inch macbook pro has been on for liek a month now. in sleep mode whenever it's not being used. that shouldn't be an issue

some people might disagree, polishmike i'm looking in your direction, but in my experience, mac's are full of hardware issues. I don't know a single person who hasn't had to replace their logicboard within a year of use. And no, replacing a motherboard is not a regular thing. Basically, you're unlucky though, it seems people either have zero issues with macs or they want to throw it out the window. Leaving a computer overnight shouldn't be an issue at all. I do it all the time, on a 4 year old dell laptop. Eventually, a few weeks ago actually, I had to replace the fan, but other than that, no real issues.

computers are fucked either way

I lot of people say that new macbooks will come out at wwdc but I think that might be a little early, August sounds possible. I would definitely wait since it will be a significant upgrade.

And yes, all computers break. Every apple breaks as well, some people get more lucky than the others.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody heard any more definitive word on the new macbook pro? I can wait until August, but not much past that. Fingers crossed...

I'm in the same exact boat as you.. i can wait till August, but if it's going to be Q1 2009, i might as well just get one now..

niggersaywhat

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/05/28/confirmed_intel_delay_will_push_back_macbook_overhauls.html

for anyone who cares about upcoming macbook/pro updates but doesnt want to read some lame article about chipset manufacture

1. its coming but not before "the tail end of the back-to-school buying season"

2. its going to be the biggest update since ibook->macbook

yeah yeah yeah. first post on sufu from my MBpro

what whatttttt

congrat man ! the one your grandmother or someone paid you ?

as for the library import, i'd do one thing, quite tricky but can be worth it, is to manually import all the music you have. the only problem is that you lose your rating and listening count + playlists...

well that's a stupid idea, sorry i can't help you, but feel free to ask questions ;)

congrat man ! the one your grandmother or someone paid you ?

as for the library import, i'd do one thing, quite tricky but can be worth it, is to manually import all the music you have. the only problem is that you lose your rating and listening count + playlists...

well that's a stupid idea, sorry i can't help you, but feel free to ask questions ;)

my aunt bought it for me, graduation present/college necessity

I think I'm just gonna go the Mojo path. A friend explained it to me and it seems simple enough. But please, if there are any other methods, speak up sufu.