macbook info

rabka

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engadget confirms that there is an Apple media event for September 9th as rumored.

Apple is expected to release new iPod nanos and a new iPod Touch. While Macbook and MacBook Pro updates are also in the pipeline, we have heard suggestions that those will not see updates until at least October.

That shit was on Macrumours, and is like displeasing me cos I can't wait that far. Hopefully Polishmike knows whats up 16th would be acceptable :P

the (lack of) disparity between the MacBook Pro and MacBook, considering the prices

that's the problem im facing now (above and beyond the issue of whether to kop now or wait for updates).

i'm just seeing so much more value in am 4gb black mb as opposed to a 4gb mbp. other than the obvious screen size discrepancies, is it really worth the extra coin for the mbp? read some shit about graphics cards but that's over my head. highest spec mb looks very similar to highest spec mbp to me (bar pricing).

i will be using ps, autocad, sketchup, etc. - but fuck.

I went out today with full intention to buy a MacBook pro today just to get on with life as dismal said.

But then my uni comp store told me they don't take Amex, the only card in my possesion that has a high enough limit (my parent's card)

My mom offered to place a phone order for me, but then I read this thread again :(

Hope you know what you're talking about, mike. I don't know how much longer I can go using my iPhone as my primary 'computer'

A MacRumors forum member spotted an online retailer who isn't taking Macbook Pro orders now:

Apple will release new Macbook Pro models in a few days, and we will list the new models here immediately. We no longer sell the existing models. We can source them for you if you need, but we recommend you wait for the new units. Many other Apple sellers in New Zealand will have inventory left of the old models, and there is probably the opportunity for a bargain. If you do purchase the base unit elsewhere, we recommend you get the RAM, Extended Warranty, Software and drive upgrade from us, to save money.

Source

This seems to line up with what Mike has been talking about.

i am so sick of and non-plussed by these apple non-event events. and steve jobs looks terrible.

Is it just me or has he aged 20 years within the last year?

he did add a brown mockneck to the mix though.

btw, was in the store last night (for my 3rd iphone and 2nd macbook replacements)and the genius bar guy told me they're having reliability issues because they are farming out hard drive production to little shit contractors to keep up with production demand.

*Buy a qualifying Mac and iPod with your Apple education discount from June 3, 2008, through September 15, 2008, while supplies last, and be eligible for a rebate (view Terms and Conditions for exact rebate amount). iPod models introduced on September 9, 2008 are not eligible for this promotion.

sounds like it ends tomorrow

i believe when you buy a macbook with a student plan they'll throw in a ipod touch / nano for "free"

is the success rate of getting your rebate 100%?

I got my pro last saturday at the store. Competed the rebates at the store and a 400$ check came in the mail 2 days ago. Wasn't expecting to get a printer either, but the guy said it was free after 100$ rebate. Pretty good deal. I was suprised at how fast the rebates came.