Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

agree +10000

even the hottest male specimen becomes instant garbage if he is dumb.

I've said the same of females, but it seems some disagree with me. I think if you're an intelligent person you tend to be attracted to intelligent people and vice versa.

/awesome comeback

ok what benefits does the pseudo osx bring that, say a symbian device, can't?

apple + aesthetics = yay.

While I'm not a leading expert on mobile platforms, my limited knowledge of some of the other platforms out there indicate that this is not an issue of which OS to use or how it is hyped. I agree with you, a lot of iPhone's success is partly to do with a great advertising campaign and the right collaboration between corporations and other powerful entities. It's a lot of branding at play here.

While the aesthetics are great, I think that aspect is often overlooked. I say that because the aesthetics are really the icing on the cake. Apple, through a lot of stubbornness, has been able to keep a closed lid on the mobile OS X platform, allowing the all things to run from the top down. What I mean is that with a great OS like Symbian, you have issues with the fact that you'll have 3rd party creations and different appropriations of the OS that create confusion for the UI and overall ease of use.

Simply put, Apple has been able to monopolize the experience of their product so they can see to it that every step of the way through is within their standards/expectations/aesthetics/etc. Hell, the mobile OS X is connected to their desktop OS X as well as iTunes, which shortly will allow you to buy lattes at Starbucks and probably tip a stripper at your local gentleman's club.

Mags, you got any suggestions on new phones, then?

This happened to me last week. I would have gotten the iphone and give/sell my account but I'm waiting for them to make it a bit smaller and offer different colors.

What was your old phone? Insurance?

T'was a shitty AIDS RAZR. It was on the verge of breaking anyhow. I think I might have insurance on it, tho.

I wish the iPhone came in a mint/sex color.

Incase it was inferred, i wasn't being trying to be elitist and simply put down the entire idea of 'iphone', but currently i think numerous little nuances have been overlooked by people simply blinded by the brand name and connotations attached to the Apple name.

You definitely have a point with regards to the GUI, i give you that, but i think apple rushed it's product far too early, I think even things such as 3G should have been a given, EDGE is not a suitable alternative. On the connectivity point, with 'web 3.0' (sigh) slowly coming towards realisation, i can see most if not all modern devices converging with with other platforms..

*Lab, it depends on your budget ofc, i'd personally suggest the N95-3 right now. Or perhaps get a shitty stop-gap and wait for the N96 (16gb at least, upgradable to 32gb) or maybe even an upgraded iphone..

Incase it was inferred, i wasn't being trying to be elitist and simply put down the entire idea of 'iphone', but currently i think numerous little nuances have been overlooked by people simply blinded by the brand name and connotations attached to the Apple name.

You definitely have a point with regards to the GUI, i give you that, but i think apple rushed it's product far too early, I think even things such as 3G should have been a given, EDGE is not a suitable alternative. On the connectivity point, with 'web 3.0' (sigh) slowly coming towards realisation, i can see most if not all modern devices converging with with other platforms..

*Lab, it depends on your budget ofc, i'd personally suggest the N95-3 right now. Or perhaps get a shitty stop-gap and wait for the N96 (16gb at least, upgradable to 32gb) or maybe even an upgraded iphone..

Sure I can agree with that. I think they entered the market at the right time though. It's obvious that it's not the features that sell the phones, and they are buying themselves time to weasel out the infrastructure (with Google, obviously) to do something unique in the market. Otherwise, I can't complain considering the product that was out at the time of launch.

Everyone is scrambling to put together something fluid in their handsets now and it can't be denied Apple is to blame/praise.

I think I'll wait to hear back from Insurance...then contemplate kopping iPhone. I'll look into that N96 thing too.

Your first mistake was buying a phone with aids.

Mah CD4 T cells depletin' like Tyler Durden's posts. :(

The violin is the stringed instrument equivalent of the Tuntable (when used for scratching).

I just watched a concert from Nigel Kennedy and all I could hear in his violin was DJ Qbert scratching. Even when he plays a jazz piece it sound exactly like Koala riffing to a jazz piece.

When used in a slow classical piece, like Bach, or something, it doesnt really work.

MoneyTuff, you are entirely correct....

However with the scribble on her face, you have to brace yourself for the slight possibility that she might be Asian as well, which might put a crimp in your plans...

I had never really thought much about the Alpha Male factor because I rarely see anybody embody more than one or two remote facets of it at once, but I have been rekindling my friendship recently with my first-ever primary school (might've been pre-school or kindergarten, can barely remember but first of the first) best friend after having moved away many years ago, and this guy is probably the most alpha male character I've ever met in my life, 20 years on, which is shocking in a good way...

I'm still not sure how he came to be, but he grew up in a single parent home, probably not having too much, but he was always the most cheerful guy and well-liked by everyone when we were little kids. One key factor for him I think was having an older brother who was 10 years older than us, i think he was. The older brother was easy going, did cool guy stuff for his time, and was a 'cool' role model. The older brother with long hair who surfed, had gadgets and smoked weed, and had girls around all the time. His dad lived out of the house but was a mysterious but smart guy, so that is probably the other factor.

He went on to private boy's school and i moved to the US, I learned recently he did well and became school captain. I am not sure what he did after that, but my friends say he has no tertiary qualifications, though I think he was doing something in London for the past 4 years. He's back now and is doing IB at a Tier 2 bank and I from what I can gather, he just jagged that job off his good looks, which I must say, he did grow up from being a scrawny kid to being a 6' tall tanned model, built like a swimmer, with a million dollar tan and snow white teeth. He still has the easiest going, most infectious personality to this day as well. i'm having a no homo, yes maybe just yes homo moment here...

Anyhow, I am definitely not accustomed to dealing with guys who really have it together like my friend does, but I must say that when that Alpha factor really does work the right way, it rubs off on everyone. Nothing to be scared of, it's only a nice thing...

i'm having a no homo, yes maybe just yes homo moment here...

This is interesting. Maybe there is no such thing as solid homosexuality. Just extended periods of yes homo moments? Quite interesting...

My random thought for now: John and Kate +8 is the best show on television. Im going through withdrawl having not seen it in two weeks.

Anyhow, I am definitely not accustomed to dealing with guys who really have it together like my friend does, but I must say that when that Alpha factor really does work the right way, it rubs off on everyone.

is his name Richard Corey?

He still has the easiest going, most infectious personality to this day as well. i'm having a no homo, yes maybe just yes homo moment here...

Anyhow, I am definitely not accustomed to dealing with guys who really have it together like my friend does, but I must say that when that Alpha factor really does work the right way, it rubs off on everyone. Nothing to be scared of, it's only a nice thing...

Nice, I dig being around real alpha guys who got shit together and bring everyone else up with them. Looks like you have a bro-crush... it's okay. Platonic love between guys is so not homo(sexual) unless you got sexual thoughts. Having ::sigh:: feelings and admiration towards your fellow human beings does however fulfill the whole "effeminate man" stereotype so yeah kinda faggy. *BOOp*

MUdJAt0ej0c