THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Well I have been rockin my Samm's non stop since xmas and my girlfriend keeps bitching at me to change it up once in awhile. so I am undecided on the next pair. I am considering between the Pbj xx05 and the flatheads 3001/ 4001 ... I plan on ordering from japan. I would love to hear your imput....

apc new standard, slightly used for $90

or nudie rr greycast, new for $130?

Those two are not really analogous as far as fits go. But RR for 130 sounds like a good price. Do you want a slight taper or a bootcut? Personally, I love the fit of my NS, so I'd go that direction.

Trying to pick out some slim fit jeans...

Deciding between...

Rag & Bone Selvedge Slim Leg Jean

http://www.barneyscoop.com/b/c/browse/product.s?productId=322878&source=category&index=0&prodIndex=0&listSize=7&query=7782&dsnrIndex=true&categoryId=34&CMP=KNC-GoogleCO-OP

or...

Kicking Mule Workshop Rocker Japanese Edition

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/rocker.php?PHPSESSID=f00ec7e06fc4fc5f694da10b1c4d2a7f

Any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone have experience with the sizing of these jeans? Are they pretty much true to size?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yo Superfuturians!

I'm definitely down for some new denim after reading every thread of this forum the past few months. I'm about 5'10 and 140 pounds (size 29), most of my weight is in my thighs due to track and field, I also got size 13 feet so the tapered look doesnt suit me well.

I have a pair of Slim Jims Dry Blacks but they fade less naturally than Indigo. Ideally there a good fit without the anti- fit seat. I'd like something with a smaller front and back rise, nothing more that $200. So superfuturians can you help me out?

I've narrowed it down to:

Ande Whall's Grifters

New Standards

Skulls 5010xx

Kicking Mule 1980's

Somet Regulars (bit pricey though)

Thanx, Azan Jamal

apc new standard, slightly used for $90

or nudie rr greycast, new for $130?

new standard, depending on how slightly used.

I was debating on KMW Rockers or a pair of 5010XX 6x6 Skulls, which one?

good pair of choices. both have a super long inseam, but because the KMW is newer and in the interests of trying out new things--i'd go for the rockers.

Yo Superfuturians!

I'm definitely down for some new denim after reading every thread of this forum the past few months. I'm about 5'10 and 140 pounds (size 29), most of my weight is in my thighs due to track and field, I also got size 13 feet so the tapered look doesnt suit me well.

I have a pair of Slim Jims Dry Blacks which are quite pathetic for dry denim (they dont fade at all). Ideally there a good fit without the anti- fit seat. I'd like something with a smaller front and back rise, nothing more that $200. So superfuturians can you help me out?

I've narrowed it down to:

Ande Whall's Grifters

New Standards

Skulls 5010xx

Kicking Mule 1980's

Somet Regulars (bit pricey though)

Thanx, Azan Jamal

for a small front/back rise, look for the skulls or the APC. skulls are better made but APCs are (obviously) cheaper.

I have a pair of Slim Jims Dry Blacks which are quite pathetic for dry denim (they dont fade at all).

Umm, am I the only one who noticed this absurd statement? :) They're not pathetic, you're pathetic if you can't wear them long enough and hard enough to get some fades... obviously black Nudies usually fade slower than indigo in my experience, but that doesn't really change anything.

Umm, am I the only one who noticed this absurd statement? :) They're not pathetic, you're pathetic if you can't wear them long enough and hard enough to get some fades... obviously black Nudies usually fade slower than indigo in my experience, but that doesn't really change anything.

Trust me, I wear them fucking hard every damn day and I have yet to see some contrast. Sorry, I was a bit out of line saying they are pathetic, its just that they are not up to par with other dry black denim. So can you just answer my question?

for a small front/back rise, look for the skulls or the APC. skulls are better made but APCs are (obviously) cheaper.

somet is lower rise than APC, for sure -- not sure about the skulls

Trust me, I wear them fucking hard every damn day and I have yet to see some contrast. Sorry, I was a bit out of line saying they are pathetic, its just that they are not up to par with other dry black denim. So can you just answer my question?

examples?

black denim takes a very very long time to break in

folks on this board have pairs of samurai BKs and somet blacks bought last summer (both very high quality denim), and i haven't seen any serious fades yet. jwied82 posted some updates of some APC blacks that faded more quickly... search on.

Yeah, you guys win. I am wrong about the Jim Dry Blacks. I think i'm just bummed with the results so far after looking at how well some indigo jeans fade after 6 months.

Somet jeans look really nice, its just their high price tag and unavailability I'm worried about. Then again I cant go wrong with a pair of New standards for about $115.

Buying jeans over the internet is really a shit load of work.

Dior 19cm or Skull 50-10XX? I have a pair of APC NS in a size 26 that I've been wearing for a few weeks. The waist has stretched perfectly but the thighs stretched a lot and are too baggy now, I need something slimmer that won't stretch a ton. Which of these jeans would be a better choice? I'd probably get the diors now but they're sold out of size 27s and won't be getting a new shipment for a few weeks.

Hey guys, (I didnt see this thread this morning)

Im after a couple pairs of raw jeans; one for myself, and one for my girl.

I will post some photos of my 1.5yr nudie's tonight so this thread isnt a complete waste of time for some

Anyway, I have been eyeing off the Iron Armys, as I like the stitched wrong effect.

So I have sent off an email to Iron Army, just awaiting a reply... thought you guys might be able to help my predicament.

Here are our sizes .. .

So we layed our jeans down, these are approximate sizes. Mine were based on

a mix of nudie thinn finn, and nudie slim jim. and hers on a pair of

australian made Lee denim with 2% polyurethane stretch.

hers -

accross the waist= 16.5

accross the knee = 7

leg opening = 6

rise-front?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 7

rise-back?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 12.5

length of leg= 38.5

his-

accross the waist= 17

accross the knee = 6.5

leg opening = 6.5

rise-front?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 9.5

rise-back?(from the top of waist to bottom of crotch)= 15

length of leg= 43.5

Any ideas on what else we might want to look at?

Basically we are after a: RAW, skinny leg, indigo cut, that you can't get easily in australia

Ideasa?

thanks