THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

PBJ 005

vs.

Flat Head 3001

From what the measurements i've read, it seems the pbj is a bit more low rise, and maybe tighter in the thighs. The Flat Head looks a bit more fitted in the calf and a smaller leg opening. The Flat Head might be the slightly more flattering cut, but the denim on the PBJs just look so darn cool. I fell in love with the color when i was at BiG. I only worry about the PBJs being too big at the leg opening as i've seen some members have them and stack awkward because of the leg opening. Saucemaster on SF got great results sizing down 1 in PBJ from a reccomendation by gordon at BiG and they fit him perfect. I'm a 32 who can wear 31s, so i was considering sizing down to 31 in pbj and/or Flat Head. The measurements on Bears show the size 32 flatheads measuring 30" though. Can that be right?

The measurements on Bears show the size 32 flatheads measuring 30" though. Can that be right?

BEAR'S' measurements are often crap. Not sure that it is so in this specific case, but bare that in mind.

i'm a true 32, i bought a 31 in pbj and "stretched to fit" (© supefuture), no probs... if that helps.

sounds to me like you want a pbj 31 and then just tailor the leg opening a tad smaller.

That may be a good idea there. I want to try on other jeans with a lower rise first to get a feel for it. I don't think i've had jeans as low a rise as the PBJs. They're about the same price so i figured i'd see if people had experience with that. Something about tailoring those jeans makes me nervous. Would it be complicated with selvage involved?

Anyone have the pbj005s and the flathead 3001s? I'm sure i'll find more people like this next month when selfedge gets all the 3001s in, but just checking.

are all of the Nudie Straight Sven Jeans streaky? Or is it only the certain "flame denim" that has the streaky effect? ON the nudie website in the straight sven collection it only has one kind of dry selvage, so this is confusing me as to whether there are two different kinds of SSDS

Normally Nudie sells the SSDS with non-streaky denim. However, the SSDS sold last year (winter 05/06) was streaky. Before that the streaky fabric was used only on the Svenska - a limited edition model with the same cut. Last summer/fall Nudie switched back to the non-streaky denim, which is what is being sold now. In theory some stores might still have streaky models in stock, but I doubt it.

I'm about to buy this pair of NS off this guy says they stretched to a 32, but the tag says 29, should I still get em I was planning to get a 28-29 anyway, will they shrink back after a hot bath orrr? what? Thanks

ps anyone wanna sell me their NS size 29's !?

always stick with measurements and not the tagged size. you probably want like a 27.

SJ's (in the right size I must add) are fucking awesome jeans, havent tried CM narrow before though...

I actually bought the cheap mondays and am wondering should i take them back. I tried both on and the cheap mondays were snugger all over but they fit great a little tight but i'm expecting them to stretch out. The only reason i'm wondering is bc i'm not that huge a fan of the stretch denim but they were like a hundred dollars cheaper. SO i dont' know what to do help me decide. how do the cm fade?

im debating with either black dior 21 cm's vs. black imperial dukes. there isnt an imperial retailer in nyc. help anyone? thanx

edit: also im leening towards the diors cuz i can't find imperials to try on

can anyone help me out. i went to the dior home store and i tried on some black 21 cm's but a size 34(i wanted a 32). i feel like goin with the dukes cuz of the price difference, but the big pockets are kinda bugging me now. thanx

APC NS or SSDS? I want to get them both, but i dont know if they fade all too similar, help me out!

I was in the exact situation as you, and bought a SSDS because I already had a fit similar to the NS. The SSDS I picked up fade fast, which is typical for nudie. gonna pick up a pair of NS too for those moments I want a slim silhuette

my suggestion, buy both

hey guys, im a size 30 APC new standard and they've stretched out a bunch, i think 44cm waist now, but they fit just how I want them (maybe could be a little looser fitting). I'm trying to decide on either size 30 or 32 made in japan dior 21cms (that's all they have left), or any size in Italian 21cms (prolly 31). Thanks for the help.

APC NS or SSDS? I want to get them both, but i dont know if they fade all too similar, help me out!

I've got the svens and even though they fit great, they're ridiculously over priced. In terms of value, you can't beat the apc's.

what's so great about levi's capital e denim?

Absolutely nothing!

If you don't care about having to get a japanese brand, the Nudie Straigh Sven are a good slim but not slim jim tight cut if you size down 1(buy your size for a more relaxed fit). You can get it in the dry selvage model too. You can find them in the $180-200 range from cultizm and other places. Dry Nudie Slim Jims if you don't size down any are slim but not too tight as well and a lot cheaper, $130-150. I reccommend nudies because they are known to fade nice and fast and it seems like you're interested in the fading part.

Virgin post !!

Just about to get some new jeans and really getting into the denim thing, been a sneaker freak for years but Denim has never got me until now.

So my first pair...I have a good friend in Japan that can get me some Sugar Canes which I reall fancy..but which ones ? I like a slight bootcut or at least not a narrow ankle as I have big foot syndrome, I'm guessing one wash for my first time !

Or should I just get some nudies Ralf in the Dry ?? at least I can try these on.

I also have a long leg 34"ish would the SCs be long enough..

Cheers for listening to me drivveling on..It a tough choice what to drop £150 on without trying on!

This is what my man Shojiro says I can have...Hawais look good (cheap!) ?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fesearch.rakuten.co.jp%2Frms%2Fsd%2Fesearch%2Fvc%3Fsv%3D2%26v%3D2%26e%3D0%26s%3D6%26oid%3D000%26sitem%3Dsuger%2Bcane%2Bjeans%26f%3DA%26nitem%3D%26g%3D100371%26min%3D%26max%3D%26p%3D0&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Or should I just get some nudies Ralf in the Dry ?? at least I can try these on.

I also have a long leg 34"ish would the SCs be long enough..

Cheers for listening to me drivveling on..It a tough choice what to drop £150 on without trying on!

This is what my man Shojiro says I can have...Hawais look good (cheap!) ?

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fesearch.rakuten.co.jp%2Frms%2Fsd%2Fesearch%2Fvc%3Fsv%3D2%26v%3D2%26e%3D0%26s%3D6%26oid%3D000%26sitem%3Dsuger%2Bcane%2Bjeans%26f%3DA%26nitem%3D%26g%3D100371%26min%3D%26max%3D%26p%3D0&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

If you want to try on the Hawaii, they should have them (and others) at American Classics near Covent Garden.

the hawaiis should be perfect for you

they shrink down to a 34" inseam, so you should be set. i've washed mine a couple times, and they feel like a true 34" length. i will measure tonight if you wish.

i had the RRDS and i sold them off not long after getting the hawaiis. nice jeans, but they feel cheap in comparison (though i daresay, you may like the cut of the RRDS more; very different jeans in terms of fit)

Covent Garden is a bit of a trek from Leeds but cheers for the heads up.

If you could give me a measure on the leg that would be great. hope my waist is only a 32" as that's all they have in... at Y17,000 it's not bad though.

They are the one wash so shouldn't be too much shirnk, guess I could always stick them on the bay if they were wrong size. Recon I'd get my money back ?

Cheers for the knowledge!

i would think that you could get your money back on supermarket here without having to resort to eBane

now that i think about it, the inseam is between 33" and 34", but you can always tug at the inseam when you wash

i will measure just to be sure-------i'd ask you to remind me, but that makes no sense

how slim are eternal 811s? i love the fades everyone has gotten, but i am a twig. i dont want to get them tapered because then the yoke would look way out of balance. tell me which one the fit is closest to on the 811s please!

SDA-103

Nudie Slim Jim

APC New Cure

45RPM Sorahiko One Wash

please help!