what are you watching today?

red

Kind of lame day for me yesterday. Only saw one film, and it was one I had already seen. It was a better viewing experience though because the screen was a lot larger.

Enter the Void, 2009. This film does not stand up to repeated viewings.

enter-the-void-1.jpg

I'm doing a double feature today -- one Hitchcock and one relatively rare Walsh Western -- so I'll post those later.

Kind of lame day for me yesterday. Only saw one film, and it was one I had already seen. It was a better viewing experience though because the screen was a lot larger.

Enter the Void, 2009. This film does not stand up to repeated viewings.

damn, i JUST watched this last night. total mind-fuck

Well, it turned out to be another three feature day for me.

First up, Rope, 1948. This was the Hitchcock for the day. Hadn't seen it, but everyone talks about it, so I was glad to finally catch up:

419046231_6c3e606812.jpg

Second was the one that I didn't plan on seeing. Bogdanovich's What's Up, Doc? 1972. I'm a huge Bogdanovich fan. I think he really understands genres, and this is no exception. It's one of the best screwballs I've seen:

whats_up_doc_1972.jpg

I'm off to the third right now. It's Raoul Walsh's The Big Trail, 1930. This is going to be great. I'm going to see a print of it, it's one of the earliest widescreen movies ever, and it has John Wayne in his first leading role. So excited:

1209870835_1.jpg

Per usual, more to come tomorrow (definitely another Hitchcock).

l1740707903980a4.jpg

Edit: just finished Troll Hunter, it was really cool. It's like a fake documentary about a dude who hunts trolls. Alot of great shots of norway, and even though I hate cgi, the giant trolls in this looked really cool. Take a peep if you're into that.

Thanks for the heads up forgot about this. Getting it now can not wait.:D

Edit: Really enjoyed this. Excellent writing. Loved how they grounded a movie about trolls in reality. Well worth the watch. Writer/Director is someone to keep an eye on.

IT'S A LONG ROAD WHEN YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN.

AND IT HURTS WHEN THEY TEAR YOUR DREAMS APART.

shit yes I'm about to watch this.

And every new town. Just seems to bring you down

it was my first time watching it and I really liked it. Gonna check out the others here either today or Monday

And every new town. Just seems to bring you down

it was my first time watching it and I really liked it. Gonna check out the others here either today or Monday

Trying to find peace of mind can break your heart.

First Blood is easily my fav. 4 is good for over the top action/gore. 2 is dece and 3 is kinda meh.