what are you watching today?

red

Solaris

The beginning is painfully slow, but the film is totally captivating for the last 2 hours. loving it.

38 year late pass?

naw man never too late to watch that movie. I really want the bed/blankets from the movie tho. Beds in sci-fi movies always look so comfy and neat. hella jealous.

what'd you think of cedar rapids?

i thought it was going to be crap, but the trailer showed some promise..

I actually really liked it. The film comes off as sincere, which is pretty amazing considering some of the jokes in it. Overall, I think that makes the movie so much enjoyable. There's too much cynicism in Hollywood.

Yesterday was a long movie day for me. Pulled a triple feature, all Hitchcock (because I needed to catch up this week). I'm trying to see all his movies, so I'm averaging 6 of his films per week. It's tough though, because I try to watch a non-Hitchcock every day as well. It just ends up to be a lot of movies. Interesting three I selected though:

The Lodger, 1926. Silent Hitchcock.

the-lodger.jpg

Blackmail, 1929. Considered one of, if not the, first British talkie.

HitchcockBlackmail2.jpg

Shadow of a Doubt, 1943. This is my favorite Hitchcock so far. This film is flawless. It's just so hauntingly beautiful and has a great rhythm (due to cutting on moving cameras).

shadow-4.jpg