what are you watching today?

red

Tabloid (Errol Morris' new documentary) which was actually my favorite movie I saw at TIFF this year

Picture9-5.png

Black Swan, certainly worth seeing...

Picture10-3.png

New Woody Allen movie, again quite good...best part was hearing Woody Allen introduce the movie, he hasn't lost his charm

Picture17.png

I definitely enjoyed it, but hard to gauge from a single ep. It has that polished HBO feel, the casting is solid, the costumes/sets are amazing.

Nice! I want to watch it but i have this thing about only watching televisions shows when they have finished their run, so you can sit down and watch start to finish!

I definitely enjoyed it, but hard to gauge from a single ep. It has that polished HBO feel, the casting is solid, the costumes/sets are amazing.

Nice! I want to watch it but i have this thing about only watching televisions shows when they have finished their run, so you can sit down and watch start to finish!

i really liked ronin a lot if you haven't seen it

double edit: watching My Son, My Son What Have Ye Done?

i didnt realize this was based on that thing thing from san diego until he started talking about driving across the coronado bridge. Funny moment. Anyway, good. Agree with jmatsu definitely better than the last one.

why baeyer?

looks so bad, plus Zellweger is wack as fuck.

Truth. This movie was a pile of steaming fecal coliform sprinkled with anthrax.

Girlfriend compromise; since she has such shitty taste in movies she is generally not interested in what she considers "my films" (read: standard, non-shitty films). I'd post some of her favourites here but I really don't want to publicly shame her.

The whole time I was watching it I just kept thinking of that Trading Spouses Chappelle skit and saying aloud:

"Who the FUCK is Renee Zellweger!?"

As for heist films; I've been meaning to see this for a while, heard good things (click for IMDB link):

reykjavikrotterdam.jpg

edit: this is about to be added to Hollywood's growing pile of terrible foreign film remakes under the title "Contraband" starring Marky Mark. Will almost certainly suck. The only Hollywood remakes I have enjoyed more than the original films are "The Ring" and "The Departed".