Denim you despise?

Jay-

This isn't a brand-specific thing, but I really despise the seam checkering that occurs on distressed jeans that have been washed and tumble-dried dozens of times. It pretty much screams, "look at me, I'm a fake-ass prewash! And/or grandpa jeans!":

Blue-Jeans-Background-Seams-1114916.jpg

One of the things I like about raw denim is that if you only wash your jeans a handful of times over the lifetime of a pair, this doesn't happen (though there certainly are some nicely-faded pairs that have this to some extent. I just don't like how it looks.)

mega - of course it is a bit like posting about or a picture of a new pair of shoes/boots in a thread called 'Shoes that look better with age' when there is no ageing to be seen.

Just saying. ;)

A bit, but not entirely, as shots of shoes when new allow us to see how the "shoes look better with age", by providing a start point. Whereas making lazy snipes, and half hearted opinions achieves what exactly?

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say, most probably don't agree, but to each their own.

I suppose you could dislike Iron Heart for it's utter blandness but no, its not something you could credibly despise.

You spelled utter "mind numbing quality and understated but obsessive detailing" wrong.

• 4 months later...

This isn't a brand-specific thing, but I really despise the seam checkering that occurs on distressed jeans that have been washed and tumble-dried dozens of times. It pretty much screams, "look at me, I'm a fake-ass prewash! And/or grandpa jeans!":

Blue-Jeans-Background-Seams-1114916.jpg

One of the things I like about raw denim is that if you only wash your jeans a handful of times over the lifetime of a pair, this doesn't happen (though there certainly are some nicely-faded pairs that have this to some extent. I just don't like how it looks.)

this happens with time on all jeans... or any that have any shrinkage to them.

true dat!

the pleasure of rocking those mid-to-late 90's Diesel . they were "IT" in those days. i kept a pair of very 1st selvedge version & patch-pocket front from circa 2002.

... a camo lowrise i bought @Fred Segal's [beverly Hills] are the only G-Star pair i kept.

Versace Jeans is the 1 brand i truly abhor__ they're the Valentino & Vanderbilt of their time..

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am not a fan of "the collaboration" they are just a marketing exercise dreamt up by the buzzword department to get folks who have more money than sense to buy products that they would not normally buy, If the collab doesn't make the original product any better then whats the fucking point?

g-star-raw-x-leica-d-lux-6-camera-04.jpg

Is nothing sacred from these parasites,

wow, from all you so-called denim lover......doesn't the original levi's only have one back pocket as well?? so much for embracing the difference in design and changes.

Yeah Right?

Some so-called "Denim Heads" need to do some homework.. Here ya'll go...

http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/timeline.html#timeline_1890

And it's funny how styles change, Denim and Brands people used to wear, now Despise... I'm sure a lot of people on this site used to wear brands like Seven, PD&C, R&R, Gap, Guess, Etc, Etc... 

Dudes want to divorce the denim they used to wear. Funny.

Really? Didn't even read your own post, or the date of the quote before you posted? Hard to believe, but some people are that stupid.

Well Obviously you ARE that stupid to pick a internet-spat with me over a "Quote". How pathetic and lowly of you. You didn't even make the comment I even replied to, so What's your beef, really?

Slow day at the job?

Partner not showing you any love? 

I'm taller than you?

Here's the floor... Shoot your parting shots and be done with it... I don't do internet beef. I gotta get back to designing and tech packs, You get no more attention.

I agree with you, there is no point in clogging this trhead up further with the pointless posts you have been providing. If you want to respond, feel free to do so by pm. I'll send you one explaining my point, since you seemed to completely miss it.

Being defensive is fine, but being defensive about something someone said on this forum in 2007 is, in Superfuture time, the equivalent of getting defensive today about something Mark Twain said in 1898. It makes no sense and shows a complete lack of understanding about the entire way this forum works. The people he was speaking to have not been active for years!