samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

hjj,

i called you an idiot because you're acting like a big one. (if i am acting like an idiot, i'd welcome you to do the same. i have good friends who do this to me and that's one of the reasons why they are good friends.)

oh no, you're saying it because I'm right and insults are always the last resort. there's nothing else for you to say.

i think your enthusiasm and knowledge of denim is one of the best around here. but this has nothing to do with it. there were so many other ways you could have handled your frustrations and questions about the contest that you are already involved in. but you went right ahead and accused people all over the place at once. whether you're right or wrong, at this point, is almost inconsequential.

again, not cool.

oh, but I didn't.

I didn't accuse more than one person.

I didn't "go right away", I've brought up the voting several times before without result and now I illustrated why a public vote is such a bad idea.

You don't seem to disagree that the wear isn't natural either.

Also, people with sanded jeans are being pointed out every now and then on here and there's no outrage then.

This is clearly a case of friendly bias, the bad guy vs the good guy etc.

HJJ vs the superfuture sauna club(with the new recruit fresco)

boxing.gif

meh,

i posted in the evol. thread, but i think it got deleted when TIP cleaned house...

HJJ, for all of your whining about people missing your point, you seem hell-bent on missing everyone elses:

it's not about you questioning beatle's wear, it's about your methods, your tone, and the result this has had on the contest and the board at large.

i'm not vested in the contest except as an interested bystander, and i'm not tight-fuckin-bros with anyone participating, so your "hive-mind" argument doesn't fly here. (for what it's worth, i think i_miss_lily is going to win)

you're the contest's biggest disappointment thus fur, no question.

HJJ, I think that you owe it to yourself to read through this little bit of philosophy on the ethics of belief:

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/w_k_clifford/ethics_of_belief.html

The essay's thesis is, "it is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence."

Even if you are correct in the accusations that you stand so firmly by, you will have accomplished nothing. You have brought controversy and public embarressment to the competition based on insufficient evidence and circumstantial observations. Your rash, arrogant posts have implied that you have perfect knowledge of how all jeans should wear over time, although I am guessing that you have very little experience with German females wearing pairs of texas cotton 0500s on daily commutes to their jobs via bicycle. Or am I mistaken? Might this be the one and only example of a German female wearing a pair of oversized, male, texas-cotton jeans for an entire year? For all I know, there is another forum somewhere on the internet where hundreds of such jeans exist, and you have inspected them all very carefully. Maybe you have years of experience judging the effects of all of these factors. If that is the case, then I must apoligize for my own humiliating, public attacks.

Guest jeffvyain

puma: no that's totally natural, given the circumstances.

we have quite a few really nice pairs, but i definitely don't think cheep or beatle are in the lead thus far.

oh a sauna club... i had no idea there was one. I have no loyalty to anyone on superfuture.

So I have a question about artificial wear.

The guy, headtowel I think is his name, went caving once in some PBJ's and posted some pictures of serious wear and fading due to that. Is this artificial or natural wear?

Also, you demand that Beatle defend herself. I don't know where you are from but here we have a justice system where the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. This means the accuser must prove guilt. In this case then, why should beatle defend herself against these accusations when you don't provide any evidence or proof except your opinion.

I don't recall it was ever said what anyone could or not could do with their sammies..? So everything about cheating or not really is irrelevant.. imo.

Btw, i agree with hjj that a jury would be prefered over a public vote.

Why don't we have all the jeans photographed without user names, put on a single website, and have the head guys from BiG, Selfedge, DenimBar, and Context judge them since those 4 sites have the biggest collection of japanese jeans in the US. Most of them are members or at least friends of the board, and have experience with the type of jeans. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to do it. A sufu vote really would be stupid as hivethink and e-peen stroking really is huge here, plus the owners know their shit. I doubt people could bitch about that. I just want to see all the jeans at the very end.

Allright - Samurai won't do the voting.

It was stated from the beginning on that the company does not want to be involved in that part.

Since HJ thinks it can only be a fair voting if my Jeans don't get voted for , it's quite simple.Honestly - I don't even think that it matters - I am convinced I would'nt have won this anyway...As stated before - there are a lot of Sam's that are nicer than mine.

I would like for everybody who has invested time and energy in this whole project to finish it - and the vote will be happening November 1st - October 7th...

One week should be enough.

As for the matter who's still in - I think that a lot of those who signed up and bought the Jeans have never posted pics...

Here's the list of people who are in this - but as you may notice, some have never made an apperance here...

theswarm

derdankhund

almondcrush

cheapmuthafukr

Yet Fung

Thorns

adsurgo

st199ml

emaze

polishmike

Westbrook

Dick Danger

mickawes

ko

digital_denim

azn8oi

Tommyhibbs

vee

the black arm

Moz

Poly800rock

Beatle

And here's the list from ordering - so some people got switched..

14 I-miss-lily

21 386

22 BrokenGlass

30 typical fashion

18 horribly jollynix

5 the swarm

derdankhund

25 almondcrush

29 cheapmuthafucka

3 yet fung

9 Thorns

26 adsurgo

1 st199ml

11 emaze

10 polish mike

15 westbrook

28 DickDanger

13 Mickawes

8 ko

2 digital-denim

16 azn8oi

12 tommyhibbs

23 vee

17 the black arm

7 Moz

19 poly800rock

Um... why does any one care? Did anybody really enter the contest cause they thought they were going to win? Who the fuck cares who judges? Who the fuck cares about "the integrity of the contest"? Its the fucking internet. If you got mad about how someones jeans look... you're a tool. If you got mad about someone getting mad about how someones jeans look... you're a tool.

Lets just wear our jeans, have fun in the process, and keep posting pics. Eventually in Nov we can have a vote or a judge pick a winner and whoever wins get "eternal glory" and the triwizard cup. Deal?

After thinking about it yesterday and today I don't understand why everyones getting so worked up about what essentially boils down to a marketing exercise for Samurai.

Just by way of who and how and where they are, people have turned it a popularity contest for sure. But no more so than anywhere else they post in the forum ... it's aggravating, but it's how Sufu is right now, with a rapidly expanding membership of young people who are fixed on being competitively cooler than whover the next post comes from.

Just by way of who and how and where they are, people have turned it a popularity contest for sure. But no more so than anywhere else they post in the forum ... it's aggravating, but it's how Sufu is right now, with a rapidly expanding membership of young people who are fixed on being competitively cooler than whover the next post comes from.

So true... And then you have guys like me who are nearing their third decade (like a bullet train, I might add), who only buy what they like and to heck with the justification or coolness factor.

I thought I read some XX pages back that everyone was going to send in their jeans to one location so that they can all be judged comparitively or something? I don't know, I'm just so annoyed I missed this. I only joined sufu in February of this year, sitting in front of my computer in my RRDS thinking I was cool and edgy. I'm chomping at the bit for the Dubbleworks one. I might even buy a new camera for it.

So true... And then you have guys like me who are nearing their third decade

You're turning twenty? Cool.

It's okay man, you can get S0500's still... but they don't have a special lot #. I'm gonna get a pair, and we can have our own contest and nobody else is invited. I'll put up my tricycle against your pogo stick and Blue Jays hat, and it can be voted on only by Ask Andy members with more than 10 000 posts.

i didn't want to get involved in this... BUT:

Were there even any rules regarding how jeans may be faded in the first place?

When will people realise that there is no "cheating" in simply wearing a pair of pants? Who cares how you wear them in...

If aftificial methods produced as good a outcome as the natural fading process then why are we all buying raw denim in the first place?

If you rub your hands on your legs occasionally, is that cheating? Is it cheating to wear the jeans skating? To work? Doing anything physical? If you want to scratch at them with a cheese grater or a belt sander, it's up to you they're YOUR jeans?

Why dont people stop getting so hung up on WHO is doing what to their jeans and just wear THEIR OWN jeans how they want, and let the final products do the talking in November....

---End Rant---

You're turning twenty? Cool.

It's okay man, you can get S0500's still... but they don't have an upside down A or special lot #. I'm gonna get a pair, and we can have our own contest and nobody else is invited. I'll put up my tricycle against your pogo stick and Blue Jays hat, and it can be voted on only by Ask Andy members with more than 10 000 posts.

the contest jeans have a rightside up "A". not an upside down "A"