Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I don't wear my club ring enough thanks to work. It bums me out.

Your new job doesn't allow rings being worn while working?

Edited by kiya

It does, just kind of a pain in the ass with my hands being wet/having grounds on them for basically 7 hours straight. Sometimes I do it anyway. 

It does, just kind of a pain in the ass with my hands being wet/having grounds on them for basically 7 hours straight. Sometimes I do it anyway. 

I am coming up to PDX for a couple of weeks to personally clean the coffee grounds out of your Club Ring.

The belt loop buddies look pretty sweet too.

I swear I'm gonna get a model 10 this year...just want to try one on in person.

Also new Strike Gold tees ever happening? Not meaning to sound like a broken record by any means.

Are the U.S.-made PF Flyers still on track to be available on March 1?

They're being shipped to all stores around March 5th, so should be soon.

The belt loop buddies look pretty sweet too.

I swear I'm gonna get a model 10 this year...just want to try one on in person.

Also new Strike Gold tees ever happening? Not meaning to sound like a broken record by any means.

No idea.. i swear i've asked so many times and have been told "next month" for the past six months.

Edited by kiya

Guess I'll post here too!

Two weeks ago I made my second visit to Self Edge on a freezing NY night, and I had a great experience again. I think my other visit was June 2012, and they were getting ready for a party at a nearby bar. Anyways, sensational shop with amazing service.

I finally tried the 3sixteen t-shirts, and took a couple of packs home with me. I'm almost sure these will be the only plain tees I'll buy from now on.

Just wanted give some positive feedback! Took some pics, hope it's ok if I share...

241c8342_DSCF8611.jpeg

5c4b30ef_DSCF8612.jpeg

301056f7_DSCF8619.jpeg

0d44f5b4_DSCF8621.jpeg

9380f257_DSCF8624.jpeg

cc5d911a_DSCF8625.jpeg

f2d22899_DSCF8626.jpeg

42fccf16_DSCF8629.jpeg

Edited by lazevedo

These are the dates I have heard at one time or another, though none came to me directly from PF Flyers:

Feb. 15, March 1, March 15, May 5

Sorry, my fat fingers accidentally neg repped you. :(

It's very frustrating that there has been no info whatsoever from PF themselves.

It's very frustrating that there has been no info whatsoever from PF themselves.

I first heard February 1st.. then Feb 15.. then March 1, then March 15. 

(the May date was a typo)

no sweat...

it's not like PF Flyers have been completely silent; they were showing off the shoes at recent trade shows

however, there have been no official release details from the company (release date, stockiest, $, etc.), which is insane if they are indeed releasing them this Spring (especially if it's within the next couple weeks).

contacting a PF rep via the website will get you no information whatsoever, but that's not necessarily

unexpected

Edited by Shorty Long

About to head over to SENY to check out the new Stevenson cut.  Will be a battle to choose between those and the upcoming Roy release which (according to the man himself) is due around mid-March.  Sounds like they may be similar fits as well.  Will be a tough choice.  I guess that's what they call one of those good problems.

Edited by sombrero

...the upcoming Roy release which (according to the man himself) is due around mid-March. .. 

Any further info/details you can provide? Kiya? 

I'm about to spring for a new pair, and I've wondering what Roy will be doing next, and when. 

Any further info/details you can provide? Kiya? 

I'm about to spring for a new pair, and I've wondering what Roy will be doing next, and when. 

Roy is doing a cut similar to the BB1002 except pockets/details will be normal 5-pocket jean details such as what was found on the KS1002.

Is Roy still doing a women's jean? If so, when are those planned for?

That's not till the fall or so, he's put it aside to work on a few other things first.