Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Oh no..

The new Dry Bones shipment just came in.

Their new slim cut jeans kill it. I'm blown away..

We just wet ourselves here at the store trying these on.

Slim cut, button fly, rigid "Sushi Ear" 14.5 ounce Japanese selvedge, swooping yoke, red "D", tapered, yum.

Just when i gave up slim jeans this comes along...

Difference between the new slims and the ones that are currently available online? Also, whats the story behind "sushi ear"?

are the new dry bones slims gonna be available online kiya?

Yup, starting Feb 12th.

The fit on these is beyond spot on..

Every person at Self Edge grabbed a pair for themselves, that hasn't happened for any jean since the original 3001.

001.jpg

are these the ones coming in March?

No, we already had those last year, they didn't sell too well.

Boot cut isn't the most popular cut these days..

We just did a recount of the SEXI04 and SEXI04BK, we added a few sizes of both black and indigo, and also reduced the quantities on a few:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33&zenid=95c56acfccfd629204b21ccf84cffaaf

Just out of curiosity, why doesnt Self Edge carry Samurai? Also, Kiya, since im sure you have had extensive experience with both brands, which do you prefer quality wise? I know both brands have their own pros and cons, but im just curious as to your perspective. Also, maybe this is not the right thread for it, but why is it that in the US, both brands pretty much cost the same, more or less, but in Japan, there is a very significant price difference between the two brands. Any insight?

i read in an article last week that self edge carries samurai... it was news to me

We don't carry Samurai, we carried the brand for exactly 95 days when we first opened. Blue in Green signed an exclusive deal with the brand, and therefore we stopped carrying it. Just like we have an exclusive deal with Flat Head, Iron Heart, Dry Bones, etc... BiG has an exclusive deal with Samurai.

Check the date of the article (and be glad that kiya was the one to answer that question. incineration avoided)

yeah, i knew the article was a couple months after they opened, but i didnt know they ever carried samurai... so i asked. and im glad that kiya answered the question for me :)

We don't carry Samurai, we carried the brand for exactly 95 days when we first opened. Blue in Green signed an exclusive deal with the brand, and therefore we stopped carrying it. Just like we have an exclusive deal with Flat Head, Iron Heart, Dry Bones, etc... BiG has an exclusive deal with Samurai.

i'd rather have flat head and iron heart over samurai any day

yeah i said it, hehe

haha, I was just about to flip out and call you an idiot, until I realized that that I failed to write Flat Head as the other brand. My bad. I am the idiot.

+rep for people owning up to their own mistakes. Besides, reading this thread earlier this morning was a hilarious way to wake up.

hi kiya i have ordered a pair of skull from SE last week,on thursday.it has been a week and it still not delivered.im a bit worried about that. sorry for that..do you how long it gonna be ?

Hey man.. Honestly, i have no idea who you are..

Please call the store or email us with your actual name so we can check up on it for you.

If you're in the US you received a tracking number from Fedex within 12 hours of placing your order.

Yup, starting Feb 12th.

The fit on these is beyond spot on..

Every person at Self Edge grabbed a pair for themselves, that hasn't happened for any jean since the original 3001.

Difference between the new slims and the ones that are currently available online? Also, whats the story behind "sushi ear"?

But I guess I'll see the difference once they're online. Bump for "sushi ear"