Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

how much will the rise shrinks after soak??
Disclaimer: These jeans are made of unsanforized denim, when washed the denim will shrink 1.25" in the waist and 3" in the length (inseam). Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears.

10charizard

You need a size 33 in the SE05BSP.. leg opening will shrink ~.5" after a soak..

Allright thanks. How would a size 32 fit, both RyanF and braidkid seemed to go true to size and both looks great, ezpecially braidkids, his natural waist is 33 and he got the 33. So i'm tempted to get size 32 because I want as slim fit as i can get, but i don't want them to look to skinny and gay on me. Should i play it safe and chose 33 or will a 32 fit me good after a couple of wears, or will they be too tight?

Allright thanks. How would a size 32 fit, both RyanF and braidkid seemed to go true to size and both looks great, ezpecially braidkids, his natural waist is 33 and he got the 33. So i'm tempted to get size 32 because I want as slim fit as i can get, but i don't want them to look to skinny and gay on me. Should i play it safe and chose 33 or will a 32 fit me good after a couple of wears, or will they be too tight?

sizing down on a pair of jeans in which everybody is either sizing up or going true-to-size and not looking gay in them will be a tough call, thai! :)

i can only give this recommendation:

the experience I made with TFH denim is, that it finally stretches back to whatever the waist was in the raw state.

my tagged 38 bsp was 37 in the waist. shrank to 35.5 after a 40 degrees soak. was back 36.5 within 1 day of wear. was 37 after the next day of wear.

if i would be you, i would take your waist size and compare to the measurements on kiyas page. take the one that is exactly or slightly above your waist size.

as a last check-up, make sure your thigh will fit into the jeans!

keep in mind that this jeans creates a nice slim look on sb like me! it will look slim on you no matter if 32 or 33 will be your pick!

yeah you're right! 31 would be size down, 32 true to size and 33 size up, right?

i've only had experience with SEXFH05 and the 4001...but from what I've read and based on how sidney lo sized his, you will be fine with a 32. ie if it's uber tight at first, just don't soak for as long/hot and deal with the initial pain.

it seems you want a slim fit, so size appropiately. braidkid has the best fit i've seen in the BSP, so look at his comments and judge appropiately.

I'd like to note, do NOT size down on these jeans, the SEXSC06 denim shrinks quite a bit, and CONTINUES to shrink for three or four washes...

sid, are you wearing the RW GTs for gravity purposes?

i guess, that light denim just dropped you below the threshold for this planet.

stick to the 16oz. denim, the 1001s fit you like a dream anyway!

Hahahahahahahah. I really dig the 13oz. slack weave hand loom style denim from Sugar Cane. It's just remarkable and you can really feel the difference the moment you put them on. After the first soak (not the initial soak for shrink), the denim transforms and the texture becomes more impressive.

I dig the lightweight denim. :)

Yeah, the Red Wings were a new purchase…I needed a pair of black boots to go with my Sugar Cane 40601 slack denim jawns.

The Buzz jeans we will not carry.. They've sent us samples a few times and we didn't like the fit or how the denim wore after extended wear.

The M-65 (black) we JUST got yesterday, They're $600 and it's available via phone order, email, or in-store only...