Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

i dont see the FH flannels on the site ?

Please read the post above...

Just got a restock of all the Self Edge shirts and now they all go up to size XXL..

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=75

Self Edge House Brand of Shirts = Al's Attire + Cone Denim White Oak

Over the last year many of our local customers have had the pleasure of seeing the Self Edge line of shirts in person at the store, by this time photos of the black denim, grey denim, the rawhide canvas shirts ones have ended up surfacing on the internet from those that had purchased the shirts in-store. Initially we had not intended to release these shirts for sale neither in a large scale or via our online store due to a pending deal to have this line be a Japanese exclusive line distributed at quite a few denim stores across Japan. We're now pushing the exclusive deal back to this winter and we're going to offer a few of the pieces in small quantities via our online store.

We're working closely with Cone Denim (the White Oak collection to be exact), so the denim, thread, buttons, and manufacturing all take place within America, with all the cutting and sewing actually taking place in San Francisco by Al's Attire's studio.

Organic super low run denim, hand sewn button holes, vintage deadstock buttons, hand braided faux-chainstitch run-off, hand machine sewn labels (not embroidered), and denim side-seam accents are some of the features on all the shirts within our collection. Construction and design that's a bit over the top, yet very subtle in every regard.

An important but little known fact is that Cone narrow looms are American-made by Draper, a loom manufacturer that no longer exists. When the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company supplied Levi Strauss the lot of XX denim for the original Levi's riveted denim waist overalls those goods were woven on Draper looms. Through the many decades, including the golden years of workwear, Cone-forged fabric was the requisite for durable denim garments for brands both obscure and famous. Today Cone Denim continues that tradition by not compromising on quality, from fiber to fabric.

Today, Cone Denim is the only manufacturer of selvedge denim on this side of the hemisphere and almost certainly the only supplier of selvedge denim woven on the American looms in the world with roots reaching back to the original riveted five-pocket.

We're starting the launch with three fabrics. A 11.5oz Natural Super Slub Selvedge Denim, a 9oz. Gray Denim, and a 9oz. Black Denim that fades to indigo within two washes and fades to look like a vintage piece within six washes. All of these fabrics are Cone White Oak Black Seed Denim and we assure you that you've never seen anything like this denim before.

Check the online store for more photos, measurements, and pricing. These will sell out quickly, but we will receive restocks within ten days of all the styles.

More photos, prices and specs are in our online store:

natural_01-707241.jpg

chambrayshortsleeve_01-787661.jpg

blackshortsleeve_01-787687.jpg

blacklongsleeve_01-748984.jpg

chambraylongsleeve_01-749003.jpg

_MG_9986-725371.jpg

_MG_9984-707266.jpg

When you say flannels are phone or store only - does that mean we can't email and get an order shipped to outside the US?

You can email us for sure.. We've sold out most of the flannels already. We have gray in Small and blue in X-Large.

Chambray shirts we still have at least one of each size left...

Iron Heart Chambray Shirts and more...

We just received a shipment from Iron Heart containing their new chambray shirts and thick flannels.

We also received a restock on the 634s Straight Leg Selvedge, 461 Bootcut, belts in both black and brown, and their Type III denim jacket.

All the items are now available in our online store, flannels are in-store and phone order only.

Sizing on the flannels run the same as the chambray shirts, which can be found in our online store now.

Online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

IHSH-05a-763254.jpg

chambray3-763350.jpg

CHECK-770982.jpg

CHECK-A-741463.jpg

Just got a restock of all the Self Edge shirts and now they all go up to size XXL..

Self Edge House Brand of Shirts = Al's Attire + Cone Denim White Oak

Over the last year many of our local customers have had the pleasure of seeing the Self Edge line of shirts in person at the store, by this time photos of the black denim, grey denim, the rawhide canvas shirts ones have ended up surfacing on the internet from those that had purchased the shirts in-store. Initially we had not intended to release these shirts for sale neither in a large scale or via our online store due to a pending deal to have this line be a Japanese exclusive line distributed at quite a few denim stores across Japan. We're now pushing the exclusive deal back to this winter and we're going to offer a few of the pieces in small quantities via our online store.

We're working closely with Cone Denim (the White Oak collection to be exact), so the denim, thread, buttons, and manufacturing all take place within America, with all the cutting and sewing actually taking place in San Francisco by Al's Attire's studio.

Organic super low run denim, hand sewn button holes, vintage deadstock buttons, hand braided faux-chainstitch run-off, hand machine sewn labels (not embroidered), and denim side-seam accents are some of the features on all the shirts within our collection. Construction and design that's a bit over the top, yet very subtle in every regard.

An important but little known fact is that Cone narrow looms are American-made by Draper, a loom manufacturer that no longer exists. When the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company supplied Levi Strauss the lot of XX denim for the original Levi's riveted denim waist overalls those goods were woven on Draper looms. Through the many decades, including the golden years of workwear, Cone-forged fabric was the requisite for durable denim garments for brands both obscure and famous. Today Cone Denim continues that tradition by not compromising on quality, from fiber to fabric.

Today, Cone Denim is the only manufacturer of selvedge denim on this side of the hemisphere and almost certainly the only supplier of selvedge denim woven on the American looms in the world with roots reaching back to the original riveted five-pocket.

We're starting the launch with three fabrics. A 11.5oz Natural Super Slub Selvedge Denim, a 9oz. Gray Denim, and a 9oz. Black Denim that fades to indigo within two washes and fades to look like a vintage piece within six washes. All of these fabrics are Cone White Oak Black Seed Denim and we assure you that you've never seen anything like this denim before.

Check the online store for more photos, measurements, and pricing. These will sell out quickly, but we will receive restocks within ten days of all the styles.

More photos, prices and specs are in our online store:

natural_01-707241.jpg

chambrayshortsleeve_01-787661.jpg

blackshortsleeve_01-787687.jpg

blacklongsleeve_01-748984.jpg

chambraylongsleeve_01-749003.jpg

_MG_9986-725371.jpg

_MG_9984-707266.jpg

When will patina be open?

Also, what will prices be like?

Thanks.

This summer.. prices will range from $300 up to $1k

I picked up a Self Edge-Black Short Sleeve Shirt yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. The craftsmanship and attention to detail are top-notch. Props to Kiya and crew.

The only downside to it is that I know it isn't going to stay black. Kiya, any plans for a true black shirt that won't fade to indigo?

PS: My girlfriend LOVES the shirt.

I picked up a Self Edge-Black Short Sleeve Shirt yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. The craftsmanship and attention to detail are top-notch. Props to Kiya and crew.

The only downside to it is that I know it isn't going to stay black. Kiya, any plans for a true black shirt that won't fade to indigo?

PS: My girlfriend LOVES the shirt.

Thanks, i'm glad you like it.. The black shirt can be kept black by dry cleaning it.

In a few weeks your girlfriend will be able to have her own when we release the women's western shirts, cut for the flavorful curves of females.

kIya, i wear measurement size 40 in fh shirts...go with the small in the self edge shirt? thanks.

Go with a Medium...

Jesus, sold out already??? well thanks anyway kiya.

We still have Gray in Small and Blue in X-Large...

Guest ManOfSteel555

got my grey short sleeve self edge shirt last week...absolutely love it.

i had to resist ordering a black version last night, but my wallet is screaming in pain already from some of my recent purchases.

all my orders have taken about a week to arrive (no customs either :))

Yup, this is correct.

hey kiya,

my friend is interested in buying some nudies but he has no idea what size to order.

he wears a size 31 in levis 501 prewash but its kind of loose on him

and he wants to get this kind of look for nudies grimtims

img55417036.jpg

any idea what size grimtims or maybe slim jims he should get?

and when will you guys be restocking? hes really curious and wants to buy a pair.

thanks.

any idea what size grimtims or maybe slim jims he should get?

and when will you guys be restocking? hes really curious and wants to buy a pair.

thanks.

Get the Grim Tim in a size 30, restock coming next week.