APC denim

Geowu

Quote:

sheesh, i've read this entire thread + style forums and i still have no clue whether i should size up from a 27 to a 28 or not (my normal size in most jeans is a 28). some people say the new standsards stretch a lot, some say hardly at all. some say they strink to a size too tight, some say they hardly shrink at all, and if they do you can easily stretch them out again.

i'm guessing i can stretch these out a good bit because i'm an active person, but i don't want to see them shrink back to their regular size after i stretch them out. A.P.C. - if you're listening - this is way too complicated. tell us what size to buy in each cut (how much they tend to stretch/how much they tend to shrink) & how much to leave if we need to hem them.

--- Original message by scoot on Oct 19, 2005 06:47 PM

27. definitely.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping someone would say that. i just put them back on, and i can already tell that i can't go any bigger in the waist. i figure riding my bike in these every day for a month or two should get them sufficiently stretched out in the thighs.

now, next question. given that even a 30" inseam is typically a bit long, how much should i hem these so that when i finally wash them and thus shrink them, they won't be too short?

I just wanted to introduce myself and then ask a few questions. Im from the U.S. (midwest), and have been browsing the site for several weeks before i decided to join. Secondly, I have a few questions regarding APC denim. I'm curently "breaking in" a pair of levis STF 35x36. I'm interested in a pair of English Style APC since they seem wider in the ankle.

I gather that a 33 waist will probably work for me, but the page desen't mention the inseam?

Secondly, is the ankle of the english going to be bigger than my 501's

any help would be appreciated.

I wish there was a standard sizing system for pants like there is for shoes. Waist should be easy enough but for instance nudies 32" RR fits a 34" waist, plus a bit of stretch so whats up. Are brands just lazy and can't bother getting it right...

I suppose even shoes are not totally fail proof...

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Yeah I remember it took me forever to read through the whole APC thread, but it was definitely enlightening. The beginning of the thread, before all of the "where can I get APCs from" was very imformative, with all the measurements of the different cuts and lots of facts about APC.

• 5 weeks later...

anyone know the thigh, knee, and leg opening measurements of the apc standards?

i know the rescues...but i want to know if standards would be a better fit for me...

if its already been posted, can someone tell me which words to use to search...cause i can never find anything im looking for...i guess im bad at using the right words for the search function

Quote:

just got my new standards today. size 27/34 (i typically fluxuate between a 28 & 29 depeding on the brand). the new standards are only slightly tight so i have room to stretch `em out a bit. here's the thing i'm pretty short (5'6") and have more of the athletic type body than the straight-up skinny type body (138 lbs)- so they look a little weird on me. from reading the thread it seams that the rescues might look a bit better on me, but on the website it doesn't have any rescues in a waist smaller than 29". i'm afraid that will be way too big on me given the sizing issues. any suggestions with a.p.c.'s offerings before going with the more expensive nudie regular ralfs?

--- Original message by scoot on Oct 17, 2005 07:11 PM

do not go up a size

i got my new standards in a 17 as well, and after a few months they stretch out and they arent veyr tight at all now

chwa?

no the paint marks are not intenional. for the time being i am a painting student. they fade away with wear and time, so new ones can dominate over the remains of the older. a continuous cycle i can live with or without. it is no matter

• 1 month later...

on the website the new standards have the dry indigo, and also the overdyed black...

im not really a denimhead so....

will the black ones fade and stretch in the same way that the dry indigo ones will? or are they going to stay super black like that?

well i've had these for just under 3 months now. creases, fades, etc all progressing nicely. stretching still seems to be an issue. I'm hoping that 3 months is the magic time period like most people say. still seems tight in the hips and crotch. the waist is perfect though. weird.

thinking that the rise of the new standards should be about a half inch to an inch longer.

Maybe this is a fresh question. Does any apc freak out there think the back pockets are a bit small. Like big seat, and then these little pockets. Also, wish they would have a nicier upper pocket seam, instead of such a little box stich design. I'm torn because this stuff bugs me, but I like the way the denim wears in. Also, my be a repeat, but is the new standard really siting like 1947's. That's me then, small pockets are not.