APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Has anybody seen Niketalk lately? It seems APC is blowing up like hell over there with many people showing off the "nice selvage" with that cuff. LAME

Whatevs. As long as A.P.C. doesn't put some queer ass painted gullwings, backwards pockets, bondage straps, or even a leather tag on their shit, it's all good with me. Thanks for the pin and the descreet design A.P.C. Do it right.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Just got my camera charged again for the first time in ages, and here are some pictures of my jeans at 1 Month. I think they're coming along pretty well, I haven't done anything to them (ie. sanding etc) just worn them, and given them some starch every now and then. Last Friday it was a bit wet at a rustic back alley pub I was at, and sat on a red painted wooden stool. Didn't realise they were stained until the next morning when I woke up with a nice hangover, also spilt curry on the front crotch which I bought on the way home. Thanks for reading my story, don't hesitate to ask any questions, I'm here all week.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y115/meditation/APC New Standard/1 Month/

The important thing before I report in... my position.

can anybody show me a picture with someone wearing the 'tight' model :o

i,ve got the tight [cure]model, get pics later. if you are after a tight dry jean i would look somewhere else, the apc is baggy in the thigh on me, tried on the dior homme that was a better fit just high waisted.

i still like the apc just if you are after a tight jean [i assume you are skinny] you might be disapointed.

circle-10.gif

but what is this Arthur guy wearing? I thought they were the tight jeans, and they dont seem to be very baggy around the thighs?

he doesn't say what he is wearing just his favourite.

there is no way that that is the tight apc, to short through the crotch, too flared at the bottom. and that looks like factory aging on a black jean to me,[ not sure if apc did a black jean like that]. that looks like a tsubi jean to me just the colour of the black, shape or perhaps a girl's wrangler.

circle-10.gif

I am pretty sure all or atleast damn near all of the NTers that are popping up with APC are the one's that have found Superfuture. So to make fun of us for starting to where APC, would be the same as you starting to blame every new Superfuture member for wearing APC, and hopefully you don't feel like doing that.

For 40,000+ membership at NT, there is bound to be some crossover into ST. And the one's that use ST try and keep it on the low as much as possible.

Yeah.....I'm that Swoshmn

Quote:

that would be called yarn-dyed? I think it must be garment dyed, since the description on the site says overdyed, what do you think. It looks like it's a distressed black over the normal blue (I guess it might be even the normal new standard under it, selvage and all?).

blackstand6dk.jpg

the price seems to have increased another $9.

--- Original message by Geowu on Sep 8, 2005 05:06 PM

I've just bought them - obviously they're pre-washed, so they're really soft and very black.

on the seams they're a bit lighter like in the pic, but they're not white, more like a different shade of black. the legs are just pure black.

looking at them, it'd take a LONG time before there's any fade on them, but when they do break, it looks like it'll most likely be to white, not blue. they are selvage.

they're more like a pair of black twill jeans-style trousers than jeans died black.

Quote:

this is the cure/ tight jean I could have gone down another size, but i still wouldn't call them a tight jean.

cure-front.jpg

cure-back.jpg

oh one month no wash, starch in the honeycombs.

--- Original message by haptronic on Sep 13, 2005 03:50 AM

not a very acurate display of how the jean is meant to fit.

i did not find them to be full in the leg at all as you said. they are very large in the waist (especially after the stretching from wear) but for me they are tiny in the legs. similarly with new standards, but more exaggerated as well is the taper.

looks like you could have gone down a couple sizes.

looks like you could have gone down a couple sizes

i think i could of gone down 2 sizes, i am a 30 in most jeans. the jeans in the photo are a 28 so to get them fitted would mean buying a 26, there is flatter sizing then there is silly.

granted my legs are skinny but i have manage to buy tight jeans size thirty that fit tight.

so i still stand by my word that they not a true tight jean.

would love to see pics of yours though.

circle-10.gif

Quote: i wanna try a pair of APC, how do they compare to RR jeans? i have a pair size 34 and they fit me nice and loose just the way i like em, but they are just too long, and the leg opening is a bit wide. can you guys suggest a style and size for me?

Look for the thread 'APC jeans vs. Nudie jeans'. I think the APC Rescue.

i ordered a pair of english a week ago and they arrived yesterday (to the uk).. its weird because they sent me a leaflet with the winter collection and it looks like they've either cancelled the english or called it something different

"You brought the fucking Pomeranian bowling?"

"I haven't brought it bowling...I didn't rent it shoes, I'm not buying it a fucking beer, it's not taking a fucking turn..."

Quote:

looks like you could have gone down a couple sizes

i think i could of gone down 2 sizes, i am a 30 in most jeans. the jeans in the photo are a 28 so to get them fitted would mean buying a 26, there is flatter sizing then there is silly.

granted my legs are skinny but i have manage to buy tight jeans size thirty that fit tight.

so i still stand by my word that they not a true tight jean.

would love to see pics of yours though.

--- Original message by haptronic on Sep 13, 2005 08:50 PM

well they are a true tight jean. as i thought it was common knowledge by now that apc sizing is fooking fucked. that you need to order a couple sizes down in order to get your size.......

i'll get some pics later on. ive been wearing for about 5 months quite a bit, and they have stretched out lots.