APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

so where should i take them to get hemmed once they arrive?... i buy them cause they're selvedge... i like the selvedge lines on the inside... i dont want that screwed up... generally do most places know what their doing with selvedge denim?

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Jul 19, 2005 04:01 PM

If you're in LA: Denim Doctor definitely knows what they are doing w/ selvedge. Mr. Blue Jeans is very good too, if you tell him what you want, I'm sure he can get it done for you.

showbiz00ditc-

If you ask them they'll all say "No problem; it's just a hem job." I believed the first dry cleaning place I went to and they f****d up my new APC Rescues. They didn't even match the thread and it sort of zig-zagged around the hem. My blood's starting to boil just thinking about it again....

But the retards left my pants about an inch longer than I asked for, so I found a (highly recommended) tailor to fix 'em. He did a good job, but it didn't seem as good as his work on other kinds of clothing. It's better than the old APC hem, so I'm cool with it, but he folded over one of the selvedges.

Either denim is really hard to work with and takes a lot of practice, or people just don't care because "It's just a pair of jeans."

Quote:

yeah those inside-outs looked interesting...and weren't they just on sale on the site a few weeks back?

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Jul 18, 2005 09:48 PM

speaking about inside-out, i'll be getting the evisu euro reversible soon from japan. i'm very excited to see how they'll wear out after months of use and then flip the inside for the outside icon_smile_big.gif

maybe people will laugh looking at all the indigo bleed all over once i reverse the inside/outside lol

few questions...

Are the apc vintage new standard jeans selvedge denim?

and whats the fit like since they have a wash to them i.e. do i need to go a few sizes smaller?

and also are they just like their raw denim just with a wash so is it really worth it or should i go with something else?

Quote:

few questions...

Are the apc vintage new standard jeans selvedge denim?

and whats the fit like since they have a wash to them i.e. do i need to go a few sizes smaller?

and also are they just like their raw denim just with a wash so is it really worth it or should i go with something else?

--- Original message by ebayologist on Jul 21, 2005 12:10 AM

i would have thought so. i have some pre-washed english which are selvage. i got my regular size which fit fine, so your normal size should be ok.

i just got my anglais' in the mail today... usually im like a 32... i went down to a 29 and OHHHH baby their tight around the waist... maybe its just cause i had alot to eat at lunch today. BUT is there any way of getting a half inch or so stretched out at the top?

for now i'll be rockin em with the top button open haha

Quote:

alrite excellent... would it be wise to maybe let just the top band soak in some water n i could do a little stretching by hand?... also... are these jeans gonna bleed like a mofo all over my shoes?... any tips to make it minimal to non existant?

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Jul 22, 2005 03:13 PM

My APCs didn't bleed too badly... I've worn them with brand new, white shoes and they only bled very little... was hardly noticable. However, I did wear the APCs for about 2 weeks straight with dark colored shoes first, as I figured the indigo bleeding would be the worst in the very beginning. I also usually cuff them a few inches, so that probably helps minimize bleeding too, as it's just the inside of the jeans that're making contact with my shoes.

Quote:

Ordering some Size 29 Unisex today. Normally a 32 in everything. Going to be pissed if they're the wrong size.

--- Original message by meditation on Jul 27, 2005 12:27 AM

throw the dice and pray to your gods. if you've been a good boy, santa will bring you something that fits from APC.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

wearing my apc's today.

anyone else rub their wet hands on their jeans to accelerate indigo loss? (who needs paper towels?!?)

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Guest Guy H

I just rub mine after I've had a pee and dribbled a bit on my hands icon_smile_wink.gif

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best