APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh so the womens and the standards have roughly the same silhoutte? the new standards on the website look pretty slim but those that were posted by serge look alot fuller. and doesnt the cure jeans have the selvedge outseam? oh do they run true to size?

Quote:

I want to get a pair of A.P.C.

My doubt is about the sizing and which cut is best.

In this picture, from Serge d Nimes, you can clearly see that the denim has some sort of shine in the fabric. The model is "women's jeans" from A.P.C.

1109680359481_P1010029.JPG

Does the model "unwashed denim" (english-cut) has the same sort of shine in the fabric?

Please give me some advice on this, because I really don't want opaque jeans.

Should I get the Unisex cut instead, or even the "women's jeans"?

Last, my size on Diesel's Rabox is 32 so, should I get a size 30 in APC? I want it to be slim and mold with time to my legs.

Any other advice much appreciated. Thanks

--- Original message by Geowu on Mar 24, 2005 12:56 PM

HI WHAT DOES APC STAND FOR AND WHERE DOES THE BRAND COME FROM?

dave angol

Quote: Is there an A.P.C. website?

http://www.apc.fr/

I order 2 pairs last week and I've been sitting on them all weekend. Neither the New Standards (Unisex) or the Rescues are perfect in my opinion. I wish there was some kind of a combination of the two. Keep in mind I'm a tall (6 foot) thin (29/30 waist) dude and I wear my shit slim.

The rise on the New Standards is perfect and fit great, I just wish they were a little less slim fitting though, and that's only because I skate and rock skate kicks, and puffy shoes make my feet look goonish if the opening of the legs isn't just right.

The Rescues are allright, The rise is about an inch and a half longer than the New Standards, and they are baggier through the thigh and leg. The smallest size A.P.C. offers in the Rescues is a 29 which is actually more like a 30 or a 31. I think if I could order the Rescues way smaller, like in a 26 or a 27 they would fit perfect for me. ARE YOU LISTENING A.P.C?

Anyway, I'll probably end up just keeping the New Standards, so here are some pictures of them on me. Size 28, unhemmed.

apcnewstandard01.jpgapcnewstandard02.jpg

Edited by TragicBliss on Jul 3, 2005 at 06:42 PM

Tragicbliss.... first of all the apcs ur wearing look awesome... but thats just my opinion.

secondly...can u take a pic of u wearing the rescues so we can sorta compare how they look??

that would be awesome.

...if i were u i'd keep em both.

Edited by RAYOK on Jul 3, 2005 at 09:21 PM

fuck. today i just received the pair i got from here:

http://threads.fuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=41917

and not only is there no shine to the jeans, which means they have obviously been washed, but i can also tell they have been worn at least 5-8 times. Also, I am pretty sure they are not the english cut because they are damn tight on the thigh and bottom areas. Did I get played?!

ah fuck me. i couldn't get a hold of any size 32 english online or anywhere so i resorted to this. the thigh area is so tight, it feels like i'm wearing a second layer of skin. i work out so i got the english, which is supposed to be the most baggy in the thigh area and overall but damn, it feels like i'm wearing skinny jeans. i can still wear them but it's just not that comfortable, are they gonna stretch over time?

how's the waist fit? since you're not even sure if these are actually English (the leg opening should measure about 9.5 inches across) you might try the Rescue's instead...similar overall fit to the English, just -slightly- less wide legged (about 9.25 inch across for the leg opening)

OK so I dont want my jeans looking all dirty and gross, I want to keep them as dark blue as possible. I got a pair of the Anglais size 36, and they have stretched so much that they aren't fun to wear anymore. How can I shrink them down with minimal bleeding? I also have the same problem with my 501xx, the cheap non-selvage ones. How can I wash them without losing dye? Thanks hombres

Looky here, it's just the way the cookie tear. Prepare to get hurt and mangled like Kurt Angle, rookie year.

high contrast: if your leg opening is 8.5 then they probably aren't even the English, since they shouldn't shrink that much after washing. Like i said i'd go w/the Rescue's...

Jefferson: the English will still be super dark after one wash, so i'd go ahead and do it: definitely tumble dry them as well to shrink them up a bit (wash cold and tumble low for little shrinkage or wash hot and tumble high for more shrinkage). wash and dry inside out tho.

and regarding the 501xx, if they're the shrink-to-fits they're gonna shrink like crazy, especially in the length and especially if you machine dry them. if you machine wash definitely do it cold and inside-out and if you don't want 'em to shrink as much hang em dry. but if they're just dirty and you don't want to shrink them, just get 'em dry-cleaned.

i have a feeling my jeans are the new standards or even the tight womens. Damnit, I'm wearing them right now trying to stretch them out and my "boys" can't breathe. I can barely stick my wallet in the back let alone keys or cell phone. I'm installing the digicam software on the laptop right now, pics will be up shortly.

Here are pictures of the Rescues I have for the guy who wanted to compare them with the New Standards (Unisex). They are a little big on me because the smallest size they make in the Rescues is a 29, which sort of fits like a 30 or 31ish waist. Like I said before, I think these jeans would fit perfect if I could size down a whole bunch. But I guess I'm just slim and outaluck.

apcrescue01.jpgapcrescue02.jpg

I've decided to keep the New Standards because they actually fit my stee more. I'd rather rock too slim than too baggy anyday. I wore them in the heat for about 3 hours skating yesterday, and to a BBQ last night, to break those stiff fuckers in. Now they feel great in all the right places.