APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the Point of Selvage Jeans Were That They Were Never over, they ahve allways existed and will forever exist regardless, lets not worry about whether or not apc is over or not its a jean wear it and it might look good, who cares if other people look good, shouldnt that be a good thing that other people look good.

chwa?

off topic but i didn't want to open another denim thread or raise any dead ones...say i buy these:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NWT-ROGAN-NYC-JEANS-34-TRAGIC-305-Spr-Sum-05-L35_W0QQitemZ7705893530QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the length/inseam is 35 inches but i'm more of a 31 inch length guy, will it look wack if i hem it down to a 32 length? I ask this because the honeycombs and whiskers are based on a 35 inch length so the contrasts may not go with my height, does my engrish make sense?

I have an APC shrinkage question...

My boyfriend gave me his new standards. They have only been worn twice so they don't show much wear yet. They fit perfectly, but the thigh area is a little big. Does anyone know a good way to shrink them a little bit, or will they just mold to my body with wear?

Thanks!

this thread doesn't get much attention anymore with its new position, apparently. Maybe it was time already.

jayne lane, if you spray (generously) water or starch on your standards the humidity should be enough to shrink them a bit (maybe only in the parts that you want) without loosing indigo and without the effects of a full wash.

btw, if after that they're still not good enough you can take them to a tailor. He can cut open the outseam and re-sew it, folding more denim inside with the selvage, making it fit better.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 12, 2005 at 08:16 PM

Quote:

can we have this thread moved back? having it here is almost like locking it :(

--- Original message by guffer on Aug 13, 2005 02:04 AM

i agree... I know some people who couldn't find this thread. Maybe we can add a sticky thread in the supershopper section to point to this one. Who's the admin of this forum anyways? are you reading this post?!?!

Quote:

JDM,

They run a bit big for what theystate,

so for a size 32-33...id suggest a 29-30.

im a 32-33 usually, and i have size 30 apc's...

they were kinda tight at first, but they stretched out to the point where i need a belt. - unwashed...

--- Original message by Stuffed Tongues on Aug 30, 2005 02:04 PM

thanks!

what is the length on most APC's?

Hey. I have a pair of APC English style in a 31" waist for sale. I got them a couple weeks ago and have worn them only to school a couple of times since. They are too big on me though. Be advised however, APC's run large, so I'd only recommend these to someone who wears about a 33" waist. I'm also willing to trade with anyone with a pair of 29 or 30" English style. If interested, email me at [email protected] and we'll negotiate something. I can provide pics for anyone who expresses an interest. Peace. -MG

Matt G.

so I swung by the APC store today and checked out the new standard black overdyes.

They're soft, not dry. To the touch, they felt a lot like waxed jeans if anyone know whats I'm talking about. They feel very similar to my Helmut Lang waxed, a bit slick and "oily" if that's the right term. I don't know how else to describe it.

From afar they look straight black, but when you get upclose you can see its more of a midnight blue-ish black. From the inside, you can see a lot more of the blue, but again, its not a straight blue but more on the black side.

It was extremely busy so I didn't get a chance to ask any of the workers questions concerning stretching, fade etc.

I'm going to swing back there tomorrow and see if I can snatch one of the workers for a little discussion. What I'm hoping to find out is if the black will fade to reveal more blue with more wear, much like Dior hommes "painted" jeans.

But so far, I'm sitting on it for a while before I drop some cash for them.

Edited by mouko on Sep 8, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Quote:

so I swung by the APC store today and checked out the new standard black overdyes.

They're soft, not dry. To the touch, they felt a lot like waxed jeans if anyone know whats I'm talking about. They feel very similar to my Helmut Lang waxed, a bit slick and "oily" if that's the right term. I don't know how else to describe it.

From afar they look straight black, but when you get upclose you can see its more of a midnight blue-ish black. From the inside, you can see a lot more of the blue, but again, its not a straight blue but more on the black side.

It was extremely busy so I didn't get a chance to ask any of the workers questions concerning stretching, fade etc.

I'm going to swing back there tomorrow and see if I can snatch one of the workers for a little discussion. What I'm hoping to find out is if the black will fade to reveal more blue with more wear, much like Dior hommes "painted" jeans.

But so far, I'm sitting on it for a while before I drop some cash for them.

Edited by mouko on Sep 8, 2005 at 12:39 PM

--- Original message by mouko on Sep 8, 2005 12:37 PM

Mouko the way to tell would be to look at the warp and weft threads. If the warp threads are black while the weft threads are blue, then I would bet that the black will fade into blue over time.

that would be called yarn-dyed? I think it must be garment dyed, since the description on the site says overdyed, what do you think. It looks like it's a distressed black over the normal blue (I guess it might be even the normal new standard under it, selvage and all?).

blackstand6dk.jpg

the price seems to have increased another $9.