APC denim

Geowu

Quote:

mayhem, garrett....what are the actual measurements for your jeans? i may be interested if they're <31" in measurement.

--- Original message by darknworn on Oct 6, 2005 08:29 PM

they run very big. Mine are about 34' waist, maybe a tad smaller

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are about a 33" waist. Inseam is long with original hem (I'd guess a 35 or 36). C'mon, doesn't somebody have a 29 or 30" waist to trade? I know they've got some 29's left, but the prices have really increased! Wish these jeans ran a bit "truer" in size. Wouldn't that kick some ass. Then none of us would have these sizing problems.

Matt G.

yah what he was saying about washing, When I do finally wash mine, how should go about doing it, and what detergant, I normally use wool light???

ahhh.....ahahahaha..............hgahahahhaahha......fashion................sex..................drugs............................girls.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........sneakers..............................................

just got my new standards today. size 27/34 (i typically fluxuate between a 28 & 29 depeding on the brand). the new standards are only slightly tight so i have room to stretch `em out a bit. here's the thing i'm pretty short (5'6") and have more of the athletic type body than the straight-up skinny type body (138 lbs)- so they look a little weird on me. from reading the thread it seams that the rescues might look a bit better on me, but on the website it doesn't have any rescues in a waist smaller than 29". i'm afraid that will be way too big on me given the sizing issues. any suggestions with a.p.c.'s offerings before going with the more expensive nudie regular ralfs?

I got my 34 Rescues from the APC store in soho in the beginning of August. I've been wearing them just about everyday since September, and they're coming out pretty nice. I only tried on the Rescues and English at the store, but I thought the English fit a bit odd on me. The Rescues are probably my favorite, best fitting jeans I own. Hopefully they won't discontinue this style.....

Quote:

They fit perfect not really tight. I just bought a can of starch yesterday, and I fell asleep waiting for the starch to dry that's probrably why the creases look so defined.

--- Original message by vinz on Oct 17, 2005 10:02 PM

haha...how do you know you're a denim head?

normal people fall asleep while paint dry...

denimheads fall asleep while starch dry...

damn, we all need a life outside of denim... icon_smile_big.gif

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

They fit perfect not really tight. I just bought a can of starch yesterday, and I fell asleep waiting for the starch to dry that's probrably why the creases look so defined.

--- Original message by vinz on Oct 17, 2005 10:02 PM

i wanted to know because you have no thigh whiskers.

sheesh, i've read this entire thread + style forums and i still have no clue whether i should size up from a 27 to a 28 or not (my normal size in most jeans is a 28). some people say the new standsards stretch a lot, some say hardly at all. some say they strink to a size too tight, some say they hardly shrink at all, and if they do you can easily stretch them out again.

i'm guessing i can stretch these out a good bit because i'm an active person, but i don't want to see them shrink back to their regular size after i stretch them out. A.P.C. - if you're listening - this is way too complicated. tell us what size to buy in each cut (how much they tend to stretch/how much they tend to shrink) & how much to leave if we need to hem them.