APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of the deep pockets. I own both pairs and like both of them, a lot. They are both really solid. I don't know why they discontinued the english? I mean I know the rescue is supposed to be the replacement, but why did they feel the need to adjust the fit of the english?

ok for those with new standards whatever you do DO NOt ever wash them in the washinng machine for whatever purpose. My NS got thrown in on accident and it totally fucked them up. The inseam shrank a good 2 inches and the the color faded horribly, i now have this long white streak going down one pant leg, it looks atrocious icon_smile_sad.gif . I had previously hand washed them with woolite and they came out fine with minimal fading and no shrinkage at all, it appears the harsh spinning from the washing machine fucks up the denim big time. Be warned! sigh now i have to shell out another 160 bucks to get nice black jeans again....icon_smile_angry.gif

Edited by marquischacha on Feb 7, 2006 at 04:03 PM

I decided I need to shrink my hipsters and possibly get them hemmed since they are crazy long, so I soaked them to see what would happen. The legs appear to have shrunk enough for me to wear them withough a 4" cuff, but they are sooo stiff right now I cant be sure yet. Anyway, I took a pic before soaking them just so I could track their progress.

2-weeks-back1.jpg

Edited by Jetta on Feb 15, 2006 at 08:12 PM

Quote:

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the overdyed black new standards or narrows soon (going to the NYC store to check the fits out)... Anyone know how these fade?

I'm hoping since they're overdyed the blue will start to show through the black with wear...

--- Original message by gomi no sensei on Feb 15, 2006 11:48 PM

they are bleached before the dyeing process so they wont fade blue.

i especially like the black on black selvedge line with a single dark red stitch on each side. looks dope

Quote "I decided I need to shrink my hipsters and possibly get them hemmed since they are crazy long, so I soaked them to see what would happen. The legs appear to have shrunk enough for me to wear them withough a 4" cuff, but they are sooo stiff right now I cant be sure yet. Anyway, I took a pic before soaking them just so I could track their progress."

Nice looking hipsters BTW. Are they the same as the "women's jeans" as they are called now on the apc site?

I picked up a pair of New Standards recently and after your post I am bit worried how much they will shring after the soak/washing. Were your hipsters as tight when you got them as they are now after the soak?

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

Quote:

Quote "I decided I need to shrink my hipsters and possibly get them hemmed since they are crazy long, so I soaked them to see what would happen. The legs appear to have shrunk enough for me to wear them withough a 4" cuff, but they are sooo stiff right now I cant be sure yet. Anyway, I took a pic before soaking them just so I could track their progress."

Nice looking hipsters BTW. Are they the same as the "women's jeans" as they are called now on the apc site?

I picked up a pair of New Standards recently and after your post I am bit worried how much they will shring after the soak/washing. Were your hipsters as tight when you got them as they are now after the soak?

--- Original message by keyko on Feb 16, 2006 03:17 AM

The hipsters are the same as the "womans jeans" they have listed. When I ordered them they were already called womans jeans on the site but the tag inside still says hipster.

They were super tight when I got them, after the soak I wore them when they were almost dry but still a little damp. This stretched them out to the point they are comfortable now and the boys have room to fit. I also balled my hands in the pocket opening to stretch that a little so I can now get my hands in the pockets. The inseam shrank 2" but the waist didnt seem to shrink much at all, When I put them on damp the waist felt about the same as new, after wearing for 10 minutes damp the waist is about the same as it was after me wearing them for 2 weeks before the soak.

Quote: Jetta, how much did the inseam shrink?

cchen, The inseam shrank almost exactly 2" they were 36" when I got them and 34" now

Quote:

What is the rise on the hipster? Are they like 8-8.5 inches? If so I may have found my new pair of jeans.

--- Original message by greentalks43 on Feb 17, 2006 04:14 PM

Not positive on exactly where rise is measured to, but it is 8" to the bottom of the J stitch, 10" to the middle seam thingy. Definately the lowest rise jeans I have ever worn, they were a bit on the snug side rise wise for the first few days until they stretched enough to give the boys some room.

Quote:

I have a new pair rescues in a 32" waist and yes they are too big on the waist but fit nice through the leg. If i go down a size will they be much narrower through the leg ?

--- Original message by cleanlines on Feb 20, 2006 11:58 AM

I don't have any APC's myself, so I can't say from experience. But from reading around, I just have to ask you, are you a true 32"? If so, did you get your APC's in Size 32, most people tend to say that getting a 29 is ideal if you're normally sized 32"

Quote:
Quote:

I have a new pair rescues in a 32" waist and yes they are too big on the waist but fit nice through the leg. If i go down a size will they be much narrower through the leg ?

--- Original message by cleanlines on Feb 20, 2006 11:58 AM

I don't have any APC's myself, so I can't say from experience. But from reading around, I just have to ask you, are you a true 32"? If so, did you get your APC's in Size 32, most people tend to say that getting a 29 is ideal if you're normally sized 32"

--- Original message by Tabris on Feb 20, 2006 05:02 PM

i just picked up a pair of new standard today! brand spanking new.

apc5do.jpg

yeah i'm a 32" and i got a pair of 29". they're nuts-chokingly tight, but the mantra is

"if it's balls-crushingly tight, then it's about just right!"

i know i'm lame.

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft

i've been wearing the jeans around the house a couple of times and out once.

they've already begun to expand, and no longer nut-hugging.

now i can wear them without feeling like my crotch is being strangled.

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft

I bought New Standards yesterday, the sales guy said he was a 33 regularly, and was wearing 30s, I went the same route. Not wearing boxers today, but they already feel like they are starting to strech, hopefully by the end of the day Ill be able to get my hands in my pockets.

The sales guy was also pretty adamant about me not washing my jeans ever. He told me if the leg was the right length to have them dry cleaned or they would shrink up about 2 inches. I've got plenty of time before I have to worry about it though.