APC denim

Geowu

My only pair of APCs that didn't stretch out much is a pair of "Bootleg" cut from a few years ago. They are size 33 and after many months of wear and many washes they actually measure 32.5 inches in the waist. Maybe the denim quality and construction was better a few years ago. They were made in Tunisia instead of Macau where APC makes it jeans now.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APC's are made in Macau?!?! LOL!! thats where i'm from... i should ask my aunt to see if she knows the people who makes them since my family used to own a few factories there in Macau and they know some ppl here and there who are still in this business.

i have a 32 inch waist and i just bought some size 30 new standard. Im figuring that if they stretch out as much as some people are saying then i can always take care of them in the dryer or blow drying the stretched out areas when theyre wet. wouldnt that work?

Quote:

I'm so nervous right now... I just ordered a pair of new standars in a W32. I'm a 33.5 waist. You all petter pray to god that they will stretch or you're in a lot of trouble! ;)

--- Original message by Lars on Mar 6, 2006 11:00 AM

My APC's are W32 and I just measured and the waist is now at just over 35" (they were 32" when I got them). So you should be fine, they will just be really tight for a couple days but after that you should be good to go. Enjoy icon_smile.gif

Edited by Jetta on Mar 6, 2006 at 11:47 AM

That's nice to hear. I was really trying to hold of on the denim for a while while but this thread makes it kind of hard. But anyway, I hope I will like them as much as a lot of other people seem to do.

Quote:

We shall see. I don't want them to be that thight, so that is why I went with the 32's. Which size would you have sugested?

--- Original message by Lars on Mar 6, 2006 03:41 PM

If you're a true 33.5, then I think going with a 32W is a good choice if you don't want them too tight.

HI people im sorry if this has been asked before,

But do the WASHED denims stretch as much as the RAW/DRY ones?

If i get a pair of 26s in RAW, should i stick to a 26 in WASHED denim?

I like a more fitted skinny look. (but not too tight)

washed denim stretches just as much as the raw.

like i said above those overdyed black, i stretched 5 sizes past its marked size.

Quote: hey Ted Dibiase...been thinking about copping a pair of the overdye black new standards but haven't been able to really see what they look like...do you mind posting a few additional pictures??

Thanks!!

there's nothing to them. they are 100% exactly like New standards in a jet black finish. these are garment dyed. meaning they were dyed after construction. black on both the outside as well as inside. they were also bleached completely prior to dyeing, so there is no trace of blue left at all.

they look like a twill jean (like Dickies), but still have the selvedge seam (its all black with a faint dark red selvedge line in it).

if you really cant imagine it and still need pic i will post them

I just got my size 29 womens cures in the mail today and they are a perfect fit, a little snug at the waist, which is what I desired. I like the shorter rise too, they end up being about average rise instead of high-ish.

I'm also looking to get a pair of the black OD's soon, I cant quite tell from the pictures but do they wear in similar to the indigo, because I know that black dickies don't really wear in nor do black levis. Also were they all stiff and heavy like the indigo jeans?

Also..., does any one have any experience with the new grey OD'ed jeans? I think they look great.

black OD are very soft. they wont wear in like regular unwashed denim so dont expect spectacular high contrast whiskers. the time it takes to fade out this kind of dye will take longer then the lifespan of the denim.

they definitely will fade over time, but more of a nice and subtle dark greyish fade (see maxwell's jeans are starting to fade inthe back pockets).

if you want black denim that will fade with good contrast just find a raw black jean. i'm hoping one day APC will release a raw black New Standard with redline selvedge.

Edited by Ted DiBiase on Mar 7, 2006 at 07:09 PM

dsc000043of.jpg

dsc000054uf.jpg

6 months and one wash. they look a lot better in person and when worn but im still kinda dissapointed in them. whatever, ill wear em out more before the second wash and start a new pair that will hopefully look better.

I just want to be ABSOLUTELY sure... I have a true 33" waist and want my jeans a good inbetween tight and regular (a good slim fit, you know? But not chokingly tight after stretching) So I plan on getting a 30" waist. How's that sound? These are New Standards btw.

Edited by cgeezy on Mar 9, 2006 at 06:57 PM

just got my new standards this mornng a bit worried because they fit really well. It was a bit of a struggle to get them on and the waist, ass and thigh area is a little too tight (like i cant put my hands in my pockets without an effort and the button fly is feeling a little firm) but obviously it will stretch. Im just worried that if i return them and get a 29 i wont be able to get it past my thigh, as i have fairly large thighs from biking, soccer, etc. Is there any way to make sure the waist doesnt stretch too much?

I dunno, I'd say that the waist stretching out too much is probably the best place for something to stretch out too much if something is going to stretch out to much. (generally) your waist is usually covered by your shirt or something, and being stretched out too much wouldn't really detract too much from the look of the jean. You should be more concerned with the thigh/crotch area IMO. So umm, I think by the sound of your description you should be alright.