APC denim

Geowu

hey i just signed on here so sorry if this has been covered.. i bought a pair of cure or tight apc's about 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them a lot to stretch out.. the knees seem to fold over or jut out a lot when i stand up. has anyone had this problem? or know how to make them lay down flat? does it just take time?

thanks in advance for your help!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

i am thinking about getting the womens jeans. how do they fit compared to nudies bootcut OLA? i have a 33 in those and love that waist size. does the APC site ship to the states? are there any other mailorder websites that sell APC and sell to the states?

--- Original message by rcabrera320 on Feb 23, 2006 07:31 PM

???

Guest jeffvyain

i'm looking to buy my first pair of REAL jeans... i'm 6'1" 160 pounds. size 30 waist in most denim (last couple pairs i've bought were da'mage, which i'm sure no one here is a fan of, but hey, i'm young. i didn't know better) and i need at the very least a 34 inch inseam, but i'd prefer a little longer to have a little more stylish fit. i'm looking most heavily at APC because it seems to be the best match between style, fit, and price, and it seems i can get a pretty decently long inseam with those, though i'm scared because they seem to be a little irregular, especially once you get down in the lower sizes (i'm assuming i need a 28 or 27 after reading nearly this entire thread).

here's an old pic i found online to show my body style, if that helps at all.

http://www.mensracing.com/photos/greatamerican03/great56.jpg

i'm looking for a jean that will be tight in the butt/thighs and then thin but not skin tight all the way down the leg. i have no ass. definitely looking for a tapered leg, possibly around 7 inches diameter at the leg opening. any help would be much appreciated.

and oh yea, this forum is awesome. love the amount of info i've been able to find so far. you guys know your stuff

you might be a 29 depending on the fit of your current jeans and which style of apc you get.

lay a pair of jeans down that fit you correctly, button them and measure the waistband. take that times 2 and you'll get about the size of jean you need, after stretching.

how do you like to wear your jeans? which model did you think of getting?

Quote:

i am thinking about getting the womens jeans. how do they fit compared to nudies bootcut OLA? i have a 33 in those and love that waist size. does the APC site ship to the states? are there any other mailorder websites that sell APC and sell to the states?

--- Original message by rcabrera320 on Feb 23, 2006 07:31 PM

No clue about the comparison to the Ola, but I have a 34" waist and wear a 32 in the womens jean. I could fit into a 31 in the waist but not in my thighs, so if you work out or have big thighs I would go down 2 sizes, otherwise 3 should be safe.

Guest jeffvyain

i don't have access to a ruler right now, but i have two pairs of da'mage that are both 30s and a pair of "Division"s? that are a 31 and are a little too big around the waist. I'd say i'm a solid 30 inches, maybe slightly over, but not 31". do you say I might be able to get a 29 because 29 is the lowest men's size and would have longer legs? i've mainly been thinking about the new standards or possibly the unisex. some of the pics of the NS i've seen on here look like exactly what i want, but i feel like those people probably sized down 2 sizes and therefore have a little thinner leg. I definitely don't want something baggy.

oh, and i don't sag. i don't have any ass, so if i were to sag, they'd just fall right off. i wear them low, but above my ass.

Edited by jeffvyain on Feb 24, 2006 at 12:17 PM

heartsandcrafts: i just bought a pair of size 28 womens narrows and the guy at the store said they were a little bit slimmer in the thigh and the buttons are shorter, but to me, there doesnt seem to be much difference, just that womens sizes go smaller than the mens.

also:

since i just got those women's cure(which fit really well) i have my other pair of size 30 NS (which i foudn out the hard way were way too big) sitting in my closet. i'm thinking about getting rid of them. i was thinking about taking them to beacon's closet in brooklyn or possibly putting them up on ebay, but i dont know if they would be worth anything (i wore them about a month and had them hemmed about an inch). Does anyone know if they are worth anything or have any experience with a similar situation? any help would be much appreciated

I'm pretty familar with the New Standards and how they strech in time...if i wear a size 25 for New Standards, which size would i get in the Narrow style considering im going for a sort of tight look, so would i size up one to a 26 or go with my regular size a 27. Also the narrows are not selvedge so that would account for any stretch.

Quote:

i just bought a pair of raw APC narrows. It says they are unisex so there is no difference between mens and womens cuts? They both use the same picture. They didn't have a 29 in mens so i got the 29 in womens. Should be the same same right?

--- Original message by heartsandcrafts on Feb 24, 2006 09:22 PM

Actually, the Cure is not unisex, as long as it comes in different men and women cuts. I believe the apc womens cuts are slightly slimmer, and have a lower rise (4button fly) than mens ones (5button fly). The girls cuts have also an 'F' on the size tag.

The new standard/standard cut is the only unisex cut they have. It's the same cut from 25 to 36.

I hope this is understandable.

so ive seen all these posts about guys wearing liek size 25 and 26, i thought i was going a bit overboard when i bought cure in womens cut size 28. they aren't alll that tight in the waist, but sometimes they are really tight in teh crotch, especially when i sit down it's not so comfortable. i've had em for about 3 weeks, will they stretch out to be more comfortable with more wear?

HI guys i need help.

Im a 28 waist and i"ve recently got a size 26 cures RAW/DRY denim and im loving it.

It was really tight initially but its stretched to the perfect fit for me.

Im planning on getting another pair of cures but in the WASHED/light indigo colour.

Should i get the same size ? ie. 26?

Do washed denim stretch as much as dry/raw denims?

My only concern is that washed denim do not stretch as much as dry/raw ones

Pls help.

PS: I do NOT intend to wash my jeans.

Quote:

measured my waist and i'm about 35 inches. looking to get a 31 in the rescues, or i guess straight jeans. good choice? or would a 32 fit better? =)

--- Original message by abstract bM on Mar 4, 2006 04:09 AM

a 31 will prob. measure 34. this will stretch out and fit OK. a 32 may be too loose. it depends, how do you like to wear your jeans? you may have to wear a belt at 31 also, though.

just to give you an idea...

here is a sz 32 WASHED black NS. measurement shows it has stretched out to a sz 37.

if i were you i'd get a sz 30. you might not be able to button the top button on the first day. but if you can actually hear your balls scream in pain, then you've bought the right size APC... they will stretch out to normal fit within 3 days, if not less.

qpnr12.jpg

Edited by Ted DiBiase on Mar 4, 2006 at 02:16 PM

does this mean you are recommending going down 5 sizes?

I have the black apc's and i went down 2 sizes. They originally measured 32inches, now i think they measure about 34.

I just ordered some raw denim new standards down 3 sizes, do you think i should go down 4 sizes instead?

Edited by maxwell83 on Mar 5, 2006 at 01:46 AM

all i'm saying is that i've never encountered any denim that stretches out as much as APC does. i guess it depends on how you wear the jeans. most people go for a more relaxed fit in which case going down 2-3 sizes will be more then adequate. but for me i wear my jeans so they fit perfectly, slim and no baggage. and in order to prevent your APCs from going baggy you need to drop down at least 4-5 sizes IMO and bear the initial pain of stretching them out to proper size.