APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok..im about to order some APC Rescues and im gonna double check everything with you guys first...so i get the sizing right on my first try...

my waist is a 33, and leg inseam 32...

so im planning on ordering size 30 in rescues...and taking off around 3 inches off the 36inch inseam....(cause i heard after you wash them..the inseam shrinks to about 1 inch...)

i just need someone to confirm that my measurements are accurate...

also...how much will they shrink within 4-6months....and how much will they shrink after the first wash...

because i dont want to buy a smaller size, thinking it will stretch out to my size over time...then find out that they shrunk back to normal after the first wash....

so basically...what im looking for is the waist size that i shuold buy so i can get a 33 AFTER i wash them...

Quote:

Is there a place with APC in LA? I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been asked already.

--- Original message by symbebekos on Sep 21, 2005 03:56 PM

the only place in LA that has/had APC is Hollywood Trading Company. they were at the Beverly Blvd store then moved to the Fred Segal Santa Monica location. i'm pretty sure both locations are sold out now and prolly not restocked. they only had the dry New Standard model.

I have a pair of Sz 38 Standards that I bought over a year ago at the store in Soho. I don't know if you can get them that big from resellers without special ordering them, but I've seen them that big in the store more recently too.

So, how have you guys washed your APC's? I'm actually looking to wash them in like 60 degrees the second wash, because that works wonders on Nudie's and I hope it will do the same for APC's but I haven't heard of anyone washing them that hot. I'd appreciate it if those who've washed their jeans could tell me at what temp they did it and how they came out etc.

btw, what does it say on the bottom of this page?

http://www.nurs.or.jp/~ourlem/text/denim_26.html

It says 70 something, could that be the water he washed them in?

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Sep 26, 2005 at 05:14 AM

Have a pair of english in a size 31 which are a touch to big in the waist. A 30 would have fit me just right. Anyway I just received a size 29 and 30 in the rescues which I can hardly get on above my knees! I take a 32 or 33 waist in most jeans so I reckon I should have went for my true size in the rescues. I think APC are just one of those brands you just really need to go and try on in the shop.

All I can say mate is that I have pretty big thighs so a 30 might fit you. The waist might have stretched out in time but the legs on the 30 rescue's I tried were just to tight. All I can suggest is ordering 2 sizes and sending one back. This is what I usually have to do.

I still have a pair of APC English style in a 31" waist. Worn only a couple of times. Still unwashed and look like the day I got them. They are too big on me though. Will trade for a pair of english or rescue 30" or 29" waist or sell if you want. Be advised however, APC's run large, so I'd only recommend these to someone who wears about a 33" waist. If interested, email me at [email protected] and we'll negotiate something. Peace. -MG

Matt G.