APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: thanks goewu the picture don't work, how are your ns

Selling them, I'm actually a 35 waist and they are a New Standard 30. I've got that size because my Diesel Rabox is a size 32 and fits me ok, so I chose a 30 NS without measuring my waist first. Although they stretched they're still don't fit me properly. If someone wants to buy it, pm me.

Quote:
Quote: thanks goewu the picture don't work, how are your ns

Selling them, I'm actually a 35 waist and they are a New Standard 30. I've got that size because my Diesel Rabox is a size 32 and fits me ok, so I chose a 30 NS without measuring my waist first. Although they stretched they're still don't fit me properly. If someone wants to buy it, pm me.

--- Original message by Geowu on Sep 14, 2005 10:39 AM

Geowu,

How many sizes do you suggest going down in the NS? I like to wear my jeans comfortable, not tight.

hey.. just finished reading this thread.. 2 hrs well spent lol..

APC rescues are 2 sizes too big right?, does anyone have exact measurments for them.. like for sizes 32-34 APC rescues, could you post em pls.. it would be real helpful..

Thanks

ive got a pair of engilsh and new standards and i got a 32 in both. i fit a 34 in 501's, silas classics etc. ive had the new stanadards for about a year and they've stretched up to a 34, even though ive been washing them in the bath. they basically wont shrink if you do em cold. both jeans came in 35 length.

word. listen to sabbath

"You brought the fucking Pomeranian bowling?"

"I haven't brought it bowling...I didn't rent it shoes, I'm not buying it a fucking beer, it's not taking a fucking turn..."

Would also like to see a Rescue pic. Have a q too. Normally I'm 32-33, so I'm thinking a 30. In terms of getting them hemmed though, are they going to shrink up and become too short after eventual washing? That is, if they are hemmed to ideal length right off. Thanks

For anyone interested, I have a pair of A.P.C. Rescues, Size 31 for sale on E-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7714453206

I've worn them for like 2 minutes, they fit me a bit loose and I have a feeling they'll be too loose when they stretch out. I stupidly ripped the tags off, but otherwise they're brand new.

[url=" http://www.jargol.com"] <a href="http://www.jargol.com" target="_blank">http://www.jargol.com</a>

so i washed my english pair after about a year of moderate wear. my reactions --

-- cool! they look pretty good! i love the color!

-- do not, under any circumstances, sand your jeans to increase the distress process. i have a couple of very sharp lines that look wrong behind the knees. i think serge said it, you get nice hi's and lo's but there's no in between and it looks fake

-- holy crap these are really, really tight now. they shrunk alot and even though i've been wearing em while they are wet to stretch them out, i still can only button them if i lay on my bed, haha.

-- the length shrank probably about an inch/inch and a half, but i'll see if i can stretch it out next time i wash them. i can't wear them with my boots anymore bc they don't touch the floor -- so for future reference -- i wear a 32 in pant length normally, but i'm glad i didn't touch the hem on my nudie greycasts and earnest sewn selvage filson's (they are still 34).

-- my bath tub is remarkbly blue now

. . . and by the way, i always griped about how i didn't like how APC's faded, bc they are so tuff and its hard to see real defined lines, but its really grown on me. i really like the way they fade as opposed to nudies etc. i think i'm gonna do anothe pair of english's when i have the money and really wear them out . . . and this is of course after i finish my greycasts and filsons

Edited by sbbbjm on Sep 21, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Quote:

Sounds to me like apc jeans will pretty much shrink to tag size so i would go down 1 size at the most. All you people that are going 2 or 3 sizes down are going to find your jeans too small after theyve been washed. Anyone agree or disagree with me ?

--- Original message by cleanlines on Sep 21, 2005 12:26 PM

i disagree.....my New Standards were about 1" larger than i would like so i washed them hot and dried them hot...they hardly shrank at all, maybe about .25"-.5" at most

I always though that there was a great similarity between both brands in terms of denim cut

i tried on the dh dry, these jeans have nothing at all to do with apc. the jeans are totally different.

my apc tight jean in a 28, is huge in the thigh compared to the dh 29. more than just a sizing issue the dh are cut for smaller guys.

this guy on e bay isusing creative licence to bump on views on his auction, i know it's common practice, but it still irks me. what have those jeans got to do with dh, nothing at all.

circle-10.gif

Actually, you could almost make a pair of dh jeans by just changing the width of the legs throughout. There is a thread about the raw ones and if I hadn't seen the Dior's before I could have taken them for altered New Standards. I also think that the horisontal seams on the back is a sure sign they've been designed after APC's, the seam is at the exact same place and height as the crease that is created when you wear a pair of APC's.

tally-hoo

Quote:

Actually, you could almost make a pair of dh jeans by just changing the width of the legs throughout. There is a thread about the raw ones and if I hadn't seen the Dior's before I could have taken them for altered New Standards. I also think that the horisontal seams on the back is a sure sign they've been designed after APC's, the seam is at the exact same place and height as the crease that is created when you wear a pair of APC's.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Sep 21, 2005 01:08 PM

that sewn crease has been a mark of dior for a long time. its theyre back bocket styling. thats on almost all their jeans.

Quote:

I also think that the horisontal seams on the back is a sure sign they've been designed after APC's, the seam is at the exact same place and height as the crease that is created when you wear a pair of APC's.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Sep 21, 2005 01:08 PM

Edited by adsurgo on Sep 21, 2005 at 02:52 PM