Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

I thought it was "Gross"

G-Line spells the death of Visvim...

Look at Bape... it went to America, became popular with the American ppl, and subsequently died on its arse.

Hahhaha...This couldn't be less true. Bape is a brand constructed soley on hype and shitty products, while visvim (for the most part) has been making quality goods since its inception. While some of the G-line stuff isn't my favorite VV stuff ever, it's a big leap to bape.

Thank god i've got my '98 tee

Good to know...scribblescribblescribble...(Adding PAND to the list of OGs to be spared on superJudgement day)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was "Gross"

G-Line spells the death of Visvim...

Look at Bape... it went to America, became popular with the American ppl, and subsequently died on its arse.

Thank god i've got my '98 tee.

I dunno besides lowery's point on the subtleness of visvim, the brand also seems more considered with the quality as not to let it diminish. Also because of who the brands appeals to I can't seem them going to whacky on the design. Either way I'm glad I can finally get some visvims in my size.

haha ... "i only jock japanese underground brands" nerd contingent is getting restless, now that g-line is no longer strictly japanese or underground

they could make insane visvim shoes to 10x the current quality and most of their consumers would jump ship if they started selling them through zappos ...

haha ... "i only jock japanese underground brands" nerd contingent is getting restless, now that g-line is no longer strictly japanese or underground

they could make insane visvim shoes to 10x the current quality and most of their consumers would jump ship if they started selling them through zappos ...

Visvim x Zappos

47aekxf.jpg

Hahhaha...This couldn't be less true. Bape is a brand constructed soley on hype and shitty products, while visvim (for the most part) has been making quality goods since its inception. While some of the G-line stuff isn't my favorite VV stuff ever, it's a big leap to bape.

Bape was on high quality products and goretex long before visvim, and if you had ever actually held a real piece of Bape in your hands (which you haven`t) you wouldnt say the products are shitty.

Wouldnt be so sure. China fakes everything. I`m sure I`ve seen fake visvim backpacks online already.

I'm sure its possible, but I'd say making fakes is likely to be much more popular with t-shirt and sweaters that shoes and backpacks. and my guess is that the style bape has attracts more fakes too, with visvim the clothing isn't as easily distuinqishable.

overall, I just dont see it becoming such a fad because of the more subtle style

Bape was on high quality products and goretex long before visvim, and if you had ever actually held a real piece of Bape in your hands (which you haven`t) you wouldnt say the products are shitty.

listen fuckface, i'm not gonna get in a pissing contest with some 16 year-old who wishes he was a ninja. I've held plenty of bape products, and not since the turn of the millenium have I seen one built with any kind of quality or attention.

Seriously, your comments are so often spiteful and nasty, you must be a very un-happy person. Try not being such a douche-bag--it's easy.

I'm sure its possible, but I'd say making fakes is likely to be much more popular with t-shirt and sweaters that shoes and backpacks. and my guess is that the style bape has attracts more fakes too, with visvim the clothing isn't as easily distuinqishable.

overall, I just dont see it becoming such a fad because of the more subtle style

i think the only reason why you are saying this or trying to justify this is because you dig the visvim aesthetic and you dig most things visvim (from your recent purchase post and whatnot).

like milspex has mentioned, they FAKE EVERYTHING. if you think shoes and backpacks are not as popular to fake then just ask NIKE. i'm also sure i have seen some korean fakes online.

Visvim has been on the radar for a minute but still relatively new and everyone on this board seems to be loving it. i'm sure sooner or later when they become more popular and accessible more fakes will surface especially with the influx of the G-line. i guess we'll just have to wait ffor a rapper to wear them in their videos.

i think the only reason why you are saying this or trying to justify this is because you dig the visvim aesthetic and you dig most things visvim (from your recent purchase post and whatnot).

like milspex has mentioned, they FAKE EVERYTHING. if you think shoes and backpacks are not as popular to fake then just ask NIKE. i'm also sure i have seen some korean fakes online.

Visvim has been on the radar for a minute but still relatively new and everyone on this board seems to be loving it. i'm sure sooner or later when they become more popular and accessible more fakes will surface especially with the influx of the G-line. i guess we'll just have to wait ffor a rapper to wear them in their videos.

you're right in the sense that Visvim is one of my favorite brands so I hope of course that it wont blow up too much. what I said about fakes is based on what I've seen, I havent come across barely any fakes online unlike for many other brands, bape being the leader with 90% of stuff on the market being knock-offs. as I said, I believe (and hope) that visvims more subtle and simples aesthetic might keep it from becoming the next bape. maybe it will become more accesible and popular, I cant really say so its pretty much all speculation.

some new pics:

f0010106_2332541.jpg

f0010106_2334547.jpg

200702%2F22%2F06%2Ff0010106%5F2342453%2Ejpg

looks like they'll have new slipons, shirts, bags, wallets... also new kiefers. looking forward to seeing what seems like a couple of mid/low models.

collection should start dropping 2/24

finally, after waiting almost 4 years, got to put a pair of FBTs on my big-ass size 12 feet.

one thing i noticed right away - the elk leather *is* incredibly soft, but there really isn't anything between the leather and your foot. so it's almost like wearing a slipper, and has the unfortunate effect of outlining your toes if you wiggle them at all, or move your foot in a way that pulls the top of the shoe against your foot. even the creases in my socks started showing up against the top of the shoe.

long story short: i wouldn't spend $320 on "reservations" unless they had a better liner to give them more shape. is that why they were called "FBT ancestors"? because the construction is so stripped down?

in all honesty, i think the brand is blown up already. maybe not in the scale of bape given that the brand isnt in the game as long as bape is but its very popular on the street. maybe i'm from hong kong and they jock whatever the japenese like or maybe i'm on this board too much where a lot of the people are hyped about this brand. i guess this is all what comes with being a brand that puts out execellent quality.

i cant say im down with Visvim since day one but i always followed it (part due to lack of fund when i was younger and didnt have the loot to drop on 2xx-3xx shoes) and im with you 100%, hoping they don't blown out of proportion. i guess part of the brands appeal before was its exclusivness.

i'm one of those dudes who always wears holes over my big toe when i wear chucks or stan smiths, so i was doubly freaked out by how much my toes poked out of the top of the FBTs.

i got a pair of DC x michael leon shoes a couple of years ago as a cheapo alternative to visvims, also vans style 108, clarks wallabees etc, and i have to say OMG the visvims rule so hard over those in terms of style + comfort (i can say this now with confidence having seen them on my feet) but boy oh boy they do not look or feel like they'll be winning any durability contests.

now next up - if i can get my hands on a pair of sebago soleils we'll see how they match up against the hockneys.

in all honesty, i think the brand is blown up already ... maybe i'm from hong kong and they jock whatever the japenese like...

oh yeah, clearly on an international level "japanese street fashion" is like a runaway train ... just the association of clothing with the underground asian market is enough to make people notice. brands like BAPE are like the DIESEL of the 00s, get used to it.