Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

online retails r sold out of christos last time i looked around(i bought the last L from am-firmament).. check yahoo.jp.. i saw some on there... if not, yahoo.hk auctions always has tons... but those guys usually dun take paypal..

yah.. the elk ancestors r called reservations.. from previous posts.. around 320-330US

what does 2.5L mean?

and i know that the one pant leg rolled up is for biking, but seriously to pose like that in a picture just makes me think of LL Cool J.

2.5L = two and a half layer, that is the construction of the shell. 2L (two layer) being lighter, 3L (three layer) being heavier. Heavier weight often means that it is more waterproof/windproof, but less beathable. For example: a three layer shell is better for backcountry skiing, a two layer shell is better for mountain biking.

The layers are laminated together, often comprised of some nylon outer, a thin layer of Gore-tex or something that helps brethability and a thin layer of lining on the inside. A half layer basically means that two of the layers are fused together.