Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

Just wondering if any stores in us still have fbt ancestor in snow/beige colour in 9.5 -10 us size?

Anyone checked recently? might need a hook up

Ummm if your talking about the Elk Leather ones from the G-Line then GOODs still has plenty of them left.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Baradel

mmm write from Italy. Know very well Italian and european market. Visvim will never be a bestseller here, 'till they completely change the style (and price). Thing that I guess will never happen. What about in the USA, is it Visvim famous and sold to a large public?

the details on some of the shirts are reflective. the Nomad jacket seems pretty cool, personally I dont like yellow too much though..

the camo jacket posted earlier looked pretty tacky. curious to see more pics, if its really as bad as it looks.

0b1b84c587.jpg9fdc391ef6.jpg

here's another pic of those neons...

600x450-2007022500022.jpg

I don't know why people are hating on these so much. The shape and cut are similar to the old fbts, which were well received. The leather looks nice and I like the perfs on the side. Pretty much the only difference is the neon sole, which I dont really find that distracting as its most often invisible.

I'd have to say I like these very much. they don't fail because of the soles, rather succeed in spite of them.

That Visvim jacket has been shown in this piece from September last year:

http://supertouchblog.com/?p=298 surprised all the big (ex-)Visvim fans hadn't seen it.

yeh we know about it. But the difference is the supertouch pics were samples and I think that jacket was hanging with others. Now we have an actual product and good pics - confirmation it looks pretty shitty.

The Neons are part of the Japanese line and since they aren't made of elk leather then they will more than likely retail for under $300. As for finding them here in the States the four stores that you will only be able to purchase them at are Union LA, Union NYC, HUF, and Leilow.

^^^ rira, where is your GOD now! hahaha visvim is done!

blah blah blah. if you dont like the brand, dont open this thread. I personally dislike that jacket, but as a brand I like visvim as much as I did before. judging by some of the magazine pics the new collection has some really nice stuff.

judging by some of the magazine pics the new collection has some really nice stuff.

Exactly. I don't think the neons are bad at all - the black and purple is dope. And I think that using Vans as an inspiration as they seem to be doing now is a good move - and an indicator that they will continue to move towards quality products in good taste.

That camo jacket is ugly - whatever - it's like one of the only really offensive pieces I've ever seen from them.

The Neons are part of the Japanese line and since they aren't made of elk leather then they will more than likely retail for under $300. As for finding them here in the States the four stores that you will only be able to purchase them at are Union LA, Union NYC, HUF, and Leilow.

I do believe the price for the FBT Neons will be £170 in the UK, and £294 for the FBT Ancestor Nez Perce.

I find the collective dissent surrounding these latest peices, and the G-Line before them to be really surprising in a forum like superfuture; that exists (imo) to support burgeoning brands and the innovation that distinguishes them from tired, retail stalwarts. From my perspective, Visvim is the japanese streetwear brand most akin to larger contemporary european fashion houses in its more adult style, extreme quality of construction, and diffusion into other lines (such as the G-Line). I feel like what everyone is now condemning are the seasonal variations and novelites typical of a company with broader, ambitions; rather than its churning out identical product year after year, always in the same vein, in they way most streetwear companies do; the same crappy T Shirts over and over again. Nevermind the Bapey-ness of the camo this season (and whether you like it or not, which I don't), I think Visvim's continual effort to push their brand in distinct directions from season after season speaks to its hopeful longevity.

I find the collective dissent surrounding these latest peices, and the G-Line before them to be really surprising in a forum like superfuture; that exists (imo) to support burgeoning brands and the innovation that distinguishes them from tired, retail stalwarts. From my perspective, Visvim is the japanese streetwear brand most akin to larger contemporary european fashion houses in its more adult style, extreme quality of construction, and diffusion into other lines (such as the G-Line). I feel like what everyone is now condemning are the seasonal variations and novelites typical of a company with broader, ambitions; rather than its churning out identical product year after year, always in the same vein, in they way most streetwear companies do; the same crappy T Shirts over and over again. Nevermind the Bapey-ness of the camo this season (and whether you like it or not, which I don't), I think Visvim's continual effort to push their brand in distinct directions from season after season speaks to its hopeful longevity.

wow, very well put. icon14.gif

what is really sort of distressing about the G-LINE thing is that it seems to be abandoning two of the core ideas of visvim - folk art styles mixed with super-clean modernism - and keeping only the tech-innovation bit.

hiroki nakamura must think we're a flair-obsessed country of classless dorks! checkered shoes? patent leather?

what i want is some size-12 reissues of some key visvim pieces (FBT2, FBT shaker, suede hockneys, skynyrd 2-ring, maybe even de koonings and christos) ... but it seems like they're intent on tricking out everything!

what happened to clean lines and timeless style?!?!

i think the "bape-ing out" argument is interesting, but i don't think you even need to look at the camo m65 to make that claim. the way they use the materials is the key bit ... like "here's an air force 1 ... IN PATENT LEATHER!!!!". visvim seems to be going the same route with "here's a classic fifties shoe your dad might wear ... IN BLUE + WHITE CHECKERED LEATHER!!!" (interestingly, louis vuitton is doing a checkered-leather thing for their resort line this season, you can match your LV billfold + agenda + manpurse with your polkes i guess)

it's still 100% visvim imo. it's not like they never did loud pieces before. the fbt is one of the most eyecatching shoes to begin with, what about june 13th, union jacks, shakers, dr. romanellis, bisons etc? saw nobody predict the end of visvim when those came out... i'm also pretty positive they did camo pieces before

diggin' most of the new ish.