Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

dior19cm_070709.jpg

size28 19cm indigo

worn about 3 weeks

i think its bit loose.

based on the pics you posted of the 28 and the 27, i would say that the 28 is a better fit. i am just not a fan of how youre wearing them. try tightening your belt by one notch and see how it looks. i feel that it would improve the look tremendously.

^^I would go for a 30 waist I think. I am going to estimate you are a true 31 waist or so (JR's usually run on the small side and APC is the opposite), so a 30 should stretch out to be pretty comfortable but not, 'I-can't-have-any-kids-later-on-in-life' tight.

Cheers.

Figured I'd come back into this thread about a month later: As a belated birthday present to myself, I bought a pair of MIJ 19 Raw Black Silver Selvage from TheGrapist in a 30. GG, you're basically right, a true 31.5 waist. Along with some birthday presents from the missus (APC NC's in 30 and JR Hobo's in a 33 instead, I like the fit better), I'm pretty confident this'll be the right sizing. I was at work today and came home to a post office message on the door, so I have to go pick up a package tomorrow. It's either an APC order or the jeans, so I will report back to the thread if it's the latter.

I'm a bit worried seeing people saying not to size down, but I'm also seeing (in the APC thread) that people generally wear a size smaller in their Diors than they do their APC's, so I'm thinking mine will fit comfortably, not legging like. If not... well, I suppose I'll let everyone know if there will be a new supermarket thread, heh.

If I can see ass of your jeans when you sag them, then that's a bad fit. I don't know how anyone can say it's a good one. Look below the crotch ffs, it's horrendous.

I'm all for sagging them a lot, but not like that... (it's not even about how much they're sagged, it's just that the ass is either too low or, well, I don't know)

it's funny how some fucking homos can ruin the fit of an amazing pair of jeans.

siotjieut , the fit looks perfect, don't bother with these suckers. if u want skin-tight jeans, then buy julian red or april 77, diors are meant to be worn like apu showed.

you are an idiot. how did you pass the 2nd grade? look at apu's pictures and look at siotjieut's fit. do some comparison and analysis jackass. siojiteut's fit is not amazing by any means as i had pointed out and tiranis reiterated. in fact, if you think there are two standards: siojieut's fit and skin tight, you are obviously mistaken. The middle ground between the two is essentially what the dior fit is all about.

really, come back when your iq reaches triple digit.

Stretch to fit:

IMG_8675.jpgIMG_8674.jpg

The "Dior fit" has nothing really to do with how tight or loose they are (just look how it varies from season to season). They can look good either way. The whole thing with these jeans are that they are supposed to have straight lines....which yours don't. I already showed an example of a looser fit that has clean, straight lines. Here is an example of a tighter fit with the straight lines intact:

dio037.jpg

Your jeans obviously do not have that straight, sleek appearance:

nogoodtc9.png

Now this is no rule or anything, but from what I have gathered, it is a constant throughout all the seasons that the jeans have been worn to look straight and boxy no matter if they were loose, tight, regular fit, etc.

The "Dior fit" has nothing really to do with how tight or loose they are (just look how it varies from season to season). They can look good either way. The whole thing with these jeans are that they are supposed to have straight lines....which yours don't. I already showed an example of a looser fit that has clean, straight lines. Here is an example of a tighter fit with the straight lines intact:

Your jeans obviously do not have that straight, sleek appearance:

Now this is no rule or anything, but from what I have gathered, it is a constant throughout all the seasons that the jeans have been worn to look straight and boxy no matter if they were loose, tight, regular fit, etc.

Now you are just being silly. How is anyone wearing denim over a prolonged period of time going to maintain those straight lines? its obvious i have really bad knee bludges, which come with the territory. If I had fresh, starched diors everyday with hedi slimane himself making adjustments to fit my body then I'll gladly wear those clean lines. I purchased my diors for the long term. If I wanted them to look good in a second, I would have purchased a size up, rocked them for about a month, and then toss them as they have become too big. I made due with exactly what I could and I feel like I did a pretty good job.

your post brings me to a great point. If its not about bagginess and tightness as you later suggest and about straight lines, siotjieut'sold pair of tighter diors have more pronounced straight lines than his flimsy new pair of 28s although he cant button it. so what should he do? just not wear diors? I really dont know where you are going but keep trying.

Well you subscribe to the theory that prolonged wear of jeans that are initially too small will result in a good fit. The funny thing is they certainly don't look good now, after that prolonged period of wear. Yet you say that the reason you don't have that sleek silhouette is because you wore them for a prolonged period of time. Either way...your fit is unflattering.

Hi everyone, here's my dior homme jeans.

21cm indigo size 30 (*edited, before i wrote size 29, its actually 30), hem 18cm, bought from club21 Jakarta.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

At first i dont normally wear jeans with leg opening more than 17cm (i normally wear nudie, cheap monday and tsubi), but when i tried dior homme jeans, i like how its fit me so here i am wearing a jeans with leg opening 19cm..

And i'm waiting for these two from http://luisaviaroma.com/

size 29, 17.5cm

0021.jpg

size 29, 19cm

0024.jpg

Well you subscribe to the theory that prolonged wear of jeans that are initially too small will result in a good fit. The funny thing is they certainly don't look good now, after that prolonged period of wear. Yet you say that the reason you don't have that sleek silhouette is because you wore them for a prolonged period of time. Either way...your fit is unflattering.

you are twisting my words. im not a philosophy major but this is an obvious manipulation of what i said. the reason why i dont have the straight lines is because of prolonged wear. doesnt mean i dont think my jeans are good fit. it is you who doesnt think my jeans are a good fit.

now im curious, show me what your diors look like. and how does siojiteut's 2nd fit constitute as sleek?

Hi everyone, here's my dior homme jeans.

indigo size 29, hem 19cm, bought from club21 Singapore.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

At first i dont normally wear jeans with leg opening more than 17cm (i normally wear nudie, cheap monday and tsubi), but when i tried dior homme jeans, i like how its fit me so here i am wearing a jeans with leg opening 19cm..

And i'm waiting for these two from http://luisaviaroma.com/

size 29, hem 17.5cm

0021.jpg

size 29, hem 19cm

0024.jpg

Well, a size 29 19cm actually does have a hem of 17.5cm.

And those last jeans are the black silver selvage jeans. They're currently available. I traded in my regular black jeans (which I never got around to breaking in) in favor for those. I really like their look.

Quick Question: If I'm wearing 28 in Nudies (Slim Jims, Thin Finns, etc), will a 28 MIJ 21cm be a good fit? I measured my 28 Nudies and most measure 15" across after stretching. I figure with what Grapist has said in his FS thread, that measurements are half + 1", that I would get 28/2 = 14" + 1" = 15" for the Diors.

Thoughts?

The 30 is 18cm, the 31 is 18.5cm (give or take a milimeter or two).

Seriously, the first post should have some basic sizing guidelines. I have no problem writing up a basic summary for the raw and washed jeans.

yeah, that would be much appreciated. and is the waist thing really half plus 1? thanks for the help.

let me sum up the past three pages of this thread:

"YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"

douchebags...

Fuck you, you're doing it wrong. Everyone is wrong, and only I am right.

: posts picture of a model wearing jeans, not of myself:

gmail, if you plan to wear your Diors the same way as your Nudies, then maybe even a 27 would be good. 28 should work too. Depends on how you want them to fit.

yeah, that would be much appreciated. and is the waist thing really half plus 1? thanks for the help.

Yes, the waist really does measure that way.

The following is a warning to anyone purchasing 19cm:

Diors.jpg

I sized down one (to 31) on the advice of many people here, and they have now stretched to 35.5 fucking inches. Obviously the top block looks like shit now, I'm actually fine with the rest, but regardless- damn.

If anyone's interested in these, I think I might sell them and pick up some silver selvedge 19cms in a 30. What do you think, is 30 the right mark? My actual waist is about 34.5".

lol, i don't think anyone would want to buy them considering the now stretched out waist.

keep wearing them and shrink them when you wash them... and shrink your waist a bit to accomodate.

i would've thought going down two sizes would be enough.

It's safe to say that Diors are not made for everyone, I'm getting tired of everyone and their mother buying them and then complaining that they got the wrong size or whatever, when the fact is you'll look like shit in any size.

As to straight lines, let me get back to you once I draw some lines on that image of the model.

for christ sake stop hating on holla; at least he's making non inflamatory contribution. some of us are still fiddling about with raw denim, and i'm pretty sure most sufus here are perfectionists hence the many questions. but theres no need to be so impatient hun!

Ok, here we go... a proof that Dior Homme models have straight legs (10)

00024m.jpg

00022m.jpg

00014m.jpg

00007m.jpg

Only people with almost no muscle on their thighs can have completely straight legs... presuming the rest their bones are perfectly shaped, they don't have slightly bigger hips, etc.

I never said they literally had straight legs. I said it was the appearance of straight lines. Hollaforadolla has curved lines. Therefore his pants are too fitted and he should have got a size up.

I never said they literally had straight legs. I said it was the appearance of straight lines. Hollaforadolla has curved lines. Therefore his pants are too fitted and he should have got a size up.

*sigh*

Again, where are the straight lines:

00024m.jpg

Also, please differentiate between raw and washed jeans. Dior washed jeans are very soft and as such will fall completely differently than the raws. I'm not saying his fit is great, but that dude with the ass sagging so low it's seen from the front is even worse... and I don't see any straight lines in his fit either.

Edit:

This is from Strip: http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Diorhomme6&b=11&f=1716957534&p=13, if the dude wasn't walking he'd have pretty much the same fit as hollafordolla.

*stays out of above hatefest*

SWB: how did your 31's fit before the stretch? Were they super tight at first? Did just the waist stretch or was it also in the ass area which looks really baggy now?

I don't know where you measure your waist, but my low waist/hips is around 34, so pretty close to yours. I can barely fit in a 30 and it looks rather obscene, at least pre-stretch. The 31 fits me well when they are brand new.

Still not sure how to size my next purchase.