Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Tiranis, I was going to post that EXACT fit from The Strip and say the same thing!!!!

Anyways...

I own your sig.

Ready?

The Beatles are popular amongst all types of people from all nations who speak different languages, and are popular throughout most of the whole world. They changed music and are the most influential band of all time. Mediocre? The furthest thing from the truth. Now shut the fuck up

Good god, my signature is a joke. Take it easy there...

Also, one must remember their are exceptions to everything...

The following is a warning to anyone purchasing 19cm:

Diors.jpg

I sized down one (to 31) on the advice of many people here, and they have now stretched to 35.5 fucking inches. Obviously the top block looks like shit now, I'm actually fine with the rest, but regardless- damn.

If anyone's interested in these, I think I might sell them and pick up some silver selvedge 19cms in a 30. What do you think, is 30 the right mark? My actual waist is about 34.5".

I don't see how getting a smaller size would've solved anything... can you explain? As far as I can see, they would be a bit tighter but following the same shape as that's how your body is. The jeans as they are right now aren't even as loose in top block as most people wear them.

Just sag them a bit more... might solve the problem. They're pretty high.

What do you guys think of the fit of the jeans on myself?

They look fine, but it's hard to see the fit properly when the picture's taken from that height.

Clearly my thoughts are the minority (at least on these last couple, very volatile pages), but I think Holla...'s fit is fantastic both in the black + blue. It's the fit that I want for my own diors - clean straight lines (HA!), or no. I think that those clean, straight lines are achieved not by the cut, nor tightness or looseness of the jeans so much as the (non) musculature of the spritely, anorexic models Hedi employs.

(Holla, how tight were they when you bought them? Could you button them all the way, with ease, etc.? PM me)

I don't see how getting a smaller size would've solved anything... can you explain? As far as I can see, they would be a bit tighter but following the same shape as that's how your body is. The jeans as they are right now aren't even as loose in top block as most people wear them.

Just sag them a bit more... might solve the problem. They're pretty high.

The first week they were slightly uncomfortable, then the following month they were perfect, it has only been in the past couple months that they've become unrealistically stretched out in the waist. That picture probably isn't the best, I actually do wear them quite a bit lower, but they just kind of lose all form in the top block when I do that. Sizing down one would (hopefully) solve some of the weird flaring out just under the back pockets, which is really only a product of too much material width-wise.

lol, i don't think anyone would want to buy them considering the now stretched out waist.

keep wearing them and shrink them when you wash them... and shrink your waist a bit to accomodate.

i would've thought going down two sizes would be enough.

As said in the first post, I only went down one. I wear a 32 (aka 34ish actual waist) in most unstretching denim, so I went for a 31 here, which I was told would stretch to about a 34 or so actual waist. I definitely don't agree that no one would want to buy them, they would likely fit perfectly on anyone who's normally a 33.

Would they actually shrink appreciably in the wash? I was under the impression that only the inseam would shrink, not the waist.

So is it safe to say that we should get 2 sizes down from our usual size? Or 4 sizes as advised by SWB? Do they really stretch out of control? I'm about a 30. does that mean I should get a 26? :eek:

Actual waist means the real-life measurement of my waist. A 32 in most jeans fits a 34 actual-waist. Thus, I only sized down one, and am suggesting that due to the INSANE amount of stretching on these, sizing down two would've been preferable.

*stays out of above hatefest*

SWB: how did your 31's fit before the stretch? Were they super tight at first? Did just the waist stretch or was it also in the ass area which looks really baggy now?

I don't know where you measure your waist, but my low waist/hips is around 34, so pretty close to yours. I can barely fit in a 30 and it looks rather obscene, at least pre-stretch. The 31 fits me well when they are brand new.

Still not sure how to size my next purchase.

When I first bought them, it took maybe a couple of hours before they would fully button up, I think the waist measurement before any stretch was 33 or so. Everyone told me they would only stretch about an inch in the waist, but apparently it was more like two and a half. I'm not sure whether it was only the waist, I imagine they rest of the top block / thighs stretched considerably also though, since these looked much better during the first month.

It's hard to give sizing advice now though, basically it boils down like this:

31s fit great through the first month of stretching, then have declined more and more since then. So if you go for 30s, I would expect them to be ridiculously tight at purchase, tighter than you'd want for a full month+, then finally 3-4 months in they would probably fit perfectly. I'm just confused as hell about how far they've stretched, and for how long. I always heard APC were the worst with stretching, but even they are supposed to stretch only 2 inches, as opposed to the 2.5 of my 19cm. Anyway, that's about as comprehensive as I can get. I still loved the fit during the first month more than any other denim I've ever owned, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

geradinho may I suggest a sz. 21? I can't find a pic right now but there was this japanese dude who got a great fit by sizing down 9. Also Famous I'm gonna need a lot more pictures to judge the fit.

What do you guys think of the fit of the jeans on myself?

Another pic, today.

IMG_5771.jpg

dude, there are not enough straight lines. i would toss them. comparing with a picture of the runway, you can tell how there are infinently more straight lines on the picture with the runway than in your fit. really, diors are only for the few and holy. since you dont have straight lines, dont even bother.

in all seriousness, they are fine. i would have personally sized down, but you would have to buy a whole new ward drobe to go with it. you wear it fine.

This is how mine fit, you all need to stop tripping, this thread is outragous!

dior21cm08.jpg

dior21cm09.jpg

dior21cm10.jpg

Now this is a fantastic fit. Also...this thread has provided me with some well needed entertainment on my day off!

hey grapist, i have a pair of 21cm size 31 mij that have stretched out a bit much to my liking. i can take off the jeans without unbuttoning anything. i'm looking to get a pair of 19cms but should i stay with a size 31 or size down to a 30? i don't want them to get too tight... but would like it slimmer in the legs/calves. thanks!

hey grapist, i have a pair of 21cm size 31 mij that have stretched out a bit much to my liking. i can take off the jeans without unbuttoning anything. i'm looking to get a pair of 19cms but should i stay with a size 31 or size down to a 30? i don't want them to get too tight... but would like it slimmer in the legs/calves. thanks!

Sup brah... I'm in Honolulu too!