Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

totalretention, thanks for answering. I saw your photos before but didn't know they were the Dauphin jeans.

After talking with the salesguy on the phone, I wrote down that they were 2% something (besides cotton). Is that true? Is it elastane, or polyester, or what?

He also said that they had a little shine to them, which I can't see in your photos. Did you see any shine to them in real life, or did I write this down wrong?

Thanks for the help.

They're 98% cotton, 2% polyurethane. There is no shine to them. The polyurethane "wax coated" jeans in indigo and black have a shine to them.

Thanks for the info on the Dauphin jeans, guys. I guess I'll size down one and go ahead and order them.

TheGrapist: send you a PM.

About the Somet 008 vs. Dior: My Somet's are about the same cut in the lower leg as the 19cm MIJ Diors, but the waist/crotch/upper thigh is less boxy. The rise is very low and the crotch area is a little tighter. As I said, my size 29 008's measure 38 in the inseam--great for stacking.

Yeah, I was thinking I should post some pics pretty soon. I've had the Somet's for only a week, and I want to stretch them just a bit before taking pics. They're really beautiful jeans; the denim is a little stiff so I think they'll have nice honeycombs. The darting on the inner thigh is really cool too.

hello heres some quick questions before i re-order; what is the smallest size that Dior raws run till? a 24 or 26?

how do the dior MIJ 19cm fit as compared t o the APC new cure? i can button up the apc new cure at the waist comfortably. the 26 was not in stock, so i tried on the 25 for the APC new standard, i do not do up the top button, however the sales person kept asserting that " on the ideal sized pair, i shd NOT be able to do the top button intially " which left me more than a little puzzled.

someone help me out here please. appreciate it :)

hello heres some quick questions before i re-order; what is the smallest size that Dior raws run till? a 24 or 26?

how do the dior MIJ 19cm fit as compared t o the APC new cure? i can button up the apc new cure at the waist comfortably. the 26 was not in stock, so i tried on the 25 for the APC new standard, i do not do up the top button, however the sales person kept asserting that " on the ideal sized pair, i shd NOT be able to do the top button intially " which left me more than a little puzzled.

someone help me out here please. appreciate it :)

i heard its extremely hard trying to find a pair of tagged 26 MIJs in north america

i had a 27' new cure and they fit rather loose since those stretched like crazy

now i am wearing my 27 tagged MIJ 19cm and they fit just fine everywhere and areas below the waist doesnt seem like they will stretch much further

in general i think the cures fits looser than the MIJ 19cm (hem of the cures measured 18cm and diors = 16.5cm for both 29 waist ) and altho u could almost squeeze into a 25 new standards but keep in mind they fit even looser than the cures (thigh, everywhere apart from the waist)

keep in mind that diors arent meant to be worn 'tight' and suppose to sit lower on ur hips (and it looks better that way anyway), so i wouldnt stress to size down too much

measurements of ur waist and height/weight might be useful but i'd say 27 would be good for u (26 is toooo hard to find and i am not sure whether they make sizes smaller than that)

maybe a tagged 31 or 32 (i am assuming u r talking abt the unwashed MIJ model which fits 2' larger than tagged)

haha thanks alot man!

yer I'm asking about the MIJ raw denim 21cms!

I dunno.. They dont have any in Australia. So Im thinking about Rakutening them or Ebaying for them. That's why I'm kinda anxious on the sizing. =( coz I'd rage if it doesn't fit on me.

Do they stretch? So Do I need to size down?

haha thanks alot man!

yer I'm asking about the MIJ raw denim 21cms!

I dunno.. They dont have any in Australia. So Im thinking about Rakutening them or Ebaying for them. That's why I'm kinda anxious on the sizing. =( coz I'd rage if it doesn't fit on me.

Do they stretch? So Do I need to size down?

They have them in melbourne at Assin in the city. But whether u'd want to pay $560 is another story.

i thought they were a bit loose on the thighs and on the ass. you can see from the front view how the ass droops down below the crotch. even though these were intended to sag, i dont think they were intended to sag that much... and the legs look like they are 21 cm. id get a smaller size.

dior19cm_070709.jpg

size28 19cm indigo

worn about 3 weeks

i think its bit loose.

well i had the same size 28 and the same problem, you could look at my pics a few pages back--whats your weight/height? im 125lbs and 5'10 the 28s were extremely loose so i decided to size down to a 26.

those probably would have stretched out to be perfect

its kinda hard to stretch out to be perfect when u can only button 2 out of 5

u will probably need to wear them around the house for a few weeks otherwise it'd look supergay/tight on the ass

nice fit imo

i still dont get it why ppl want to size down so much with these jeans, even if u do size down, they'll stretch to a state where there will be enuf room when u do whatever u do with the jeans on (kneel, sit, etc)

if u want tight jeans then go buy tight jeans

dior19cm_070709.jpg

size28 19cm indigo

worn about 3 weeks

i think its bit loose.

i cant be bothered scanning through 131 pages, so here is my question:

A size 29 would have the actual measurements of a size 31 right? im a 30 in nudie SJ and the actual measurements for the 30 in the nudie is also 31. Would these stretch out to a 33 comfortably? or would i just get the size 30? i just want to know how much these stretch.. as much as nudie or less?

cheers

i dont think diors stretch a great deal compare with brands like julian red, apcs (not sure abt nudies cos never owned a pair)

what i'd say is if get whatever ur true waist is and size down two from that e.g. if ur waist measures 33 then i'd get a tagged 31 pair (to be safe)

if u wanna be more extreme (this might be a bit risky) size down 3

anyway, u should always get the exact measurements of the jeans and see whether they will be wayyy too small for u to put on initially

those probably would have stretched out to be perfect

Are you serious? Those will never fit correctly with any amount of stretching. Even if he does manage to button them up they just look shitty like yours do.

dhme2.png

Are you serious? Those will never fit correctly with any amount of stretching. Even if he does manage to button them up they just look shitty like yours do.

Did I strike a nerve baby boy?

1) those looks apu require heavy starching to get that much crumple thoughout the leg. else, they will end up looking like a pair of floppy trousers.

2) lets not pretend like the op has the legs for looks like that anyways (i think insider trading is the probably the only person ive seen pull diors off like that)

for long term wear like most sufu-ers sizing down is probably smarter as the stretch will work out in the long run.

You guys are free to disagree, thats my two cents.

it's funny how some fucking homos can ruin the fit of an amazing pair of jeans.

siotjieut , the fit looks perfect, don't bother with these suckers. if u want skin-tight jeans, then buy julian red or april 77, diors are meant to be worn like apu showed.

and felix, not hating, i actually thought i would never say this on this forum, but you should have size down to 33 on those ahah.