Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

I gotta say, I'm not feeling this season's washes *at all*. I saw these:

http://luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=45I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=92

today in Selfridges. And they are even uglier and stranger in real life than in the pics (imho).

Those waxed jeans are great, but I don't think they're being reissued this season. The waxed jeans I've seen so far for this season have a gold dust (more like blotch) wash, with uneven patches of wax - sounds cool, looks not so cool (again, imho).

I'm gonna stick with the raws for a while... :)

Actually, I heard the slimane cut (19 and 17cm's) were going to be a permanent staple from Dior from now on. Especially the raw blacks.

But that's just from a S.A. dior enthusiast

I'm sorry, but these seem _ridiculous_ to me. Someone who's into these, please explain the appeal.

You serious? I feel it brings on a classy touch to what ur wearing. FTB's attire would suit wax denim very much imo.

You serious? I feel it brings on a classy touch to what ur wearing. FTB's attire would suit wax denim very much imo.

Maybe it's just the way they look in photos. I've never actually seen a pair in the wild. The whole shiny thing...It just reminds me too much of patent leather pants.

Maybe it's just the way they look in photos. I've never actually seen a pair in the wild. The whole shiny thing...It just reminds me too much of patent leather pants.

Its definitely does not look like leather although there was a pair from Luster that totally had a leather-like finish (100% cotton though).

I picked up some Dior's while I was in Paris about 10 days ago. I normally wear a size 32 and I picked up the Japanese 21cm in a 31 (while the 30's fit fine in the waist but were far too tight for my larger calves). They've stretched a bunch in the waist but I haven't measured so I can't say exactly how much.

dior.jpg

I'm sorry, but these seem _ridiculous_ to me. Someone who's into these, please explain the appeal.

I realize it's out there, and to me, that's the point. In a sea of mundane looking denim, sometimes you want to stand out. It's as (if not, more so) ridiculous as say, paying $900 for a Neighborhood jacket that looks like $200 at most.

To each his own.

"I mean, what's life without a bit of outrageousness?" - Marquis de Sade

I realize it's out there, and to me, that's the point. In a sea of mundane looking denim, sometimes you want to stand out. It's as (if not, more so) ridiculous as say, paying $900 for a Neighborhood jacket that looks like $200 at most.

To each his own.

"I mean, what's life without a bit of outrageousness?" - Marquis de Sade

It would go against popular opinion on this board, but if someone were to ask me what Dior denims to get first, the raws would be the last thing I'd tell them they should get. It's pointless buying Dior for the raws, like i keep saying - you buy Dior for their one of a kind treatments and detailing.

It would go against popular opinion on this board, but if someone were to ask me what Dior denims to get first, the raws would be the last thing I'd tell them they should get. It's pointless buying Dior for the raws, like i keep saying - you buy Dior for their one of a kind treatments and detailing.

I completely agree with this. One of the only reasons I bought the raw version 19cm is for the cut and to have a pair of dark denim. I most definitely didn't buy them for the wear as I want to keep them dark.

P.S. Am I the only one who hates that damn clasp at the top? I'm going to sew on a button when I get the chance.

P.S. Am I the only one who hates that damn clasp at the top? I'm going to sew on a button when I get the chance.

i suspect if it wasn't for that clasp, somehow the waist wouldn't be falling out of shape on DH jeans. It's a cool detail at first but after a while I kinda wished they used a classic button...if the jeans fit right or are a bit snug, the clasp ends up breaking. Too loose and the clasp doesn't do anything to improve the situation as it doesn't quite 'fasten' the waist part like a button does.

^^ Thanks for that, I share the sentiment.:)

i suspect if it wasn't for that clasp, somehow the waist wouldn't be falling out of shape on DH jeans. It's a cool detail at first but after a while I kinda wished they used a classic button...if the jeans fit right or are a bit snug, the clasp ends up breaking. Too loose and the clasp doesn't do anything to improve the situation as it doesn't quite 'fasten' the waist part like a button does.

Exactly! I thought it was cool at first because it was something a little different from the norm but after some wear and stretching it is absolutely worthless.