Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

No offense, but I agree with Cultpop - it's a bit generic, couldn't believe it was Dior and am a bit curious why you bought it (vs standard washed jean).

I think they are just trying to cash in a bit by offering less extreme but far more marketable washes - Dieselizing Dior, if that makes any sense. Which is really lame.

Yea I was in the Dior Homme store in NYC today...when i had asked for a 32 in the 21cm's...they guy checked and came back with my size (or so I thought) in the 19cm's...since they only had the 19cm's in raw...so I said "hey, what the heck, I might as well try em on!"

Okay...those shits were TIGHT...I'm a bit of an antifit type...not baggy...but definitely not something where I have to fear my balls getting crushed everytime I put my jeans on.

So needless to say, the 19's were stupid tight...I'm a saggier denim rocker...so the 32 waist which needed to sit on my waist in order to be done-up was out of the question. Now to all of my 21cm rockers...esp. the one's who wear 'em true to size or even one up...how do they fit in comparison to APC Rescues?

I love the jeans otherwise... (I'll be headed to Saks Fifth in the next day or so to see if they still have any 21's in stock)

Yea I was in the Dior Homme store in NYC today...when i had asked for a 32 in the 21cm's...they guy checked and came back with my size (or so I thought) in the 19cm's...since they only had the 19cm's in raw...so I said "hey, what the heck, I might as well try em on!"

Okay...those shits were TIGHT...I'm a bit of an antifit type...not baggy...but definitely not something where I have to fear my balls getting crushed everytime I put my jeans on.

So needless to say, the 19's were stupid tight...I'm a saggier denim rocker...so the 32 waist which needed to sit on my waist in order to be done-up was out of the question. Now to all of my 21cm rockers...esp. the one's who wear 'em true to size or even one up...how do they fit in comparison to APC Rescues?

I love the jeans otherwise... (I'll be headed to Saks Fifth in the next day or so to see if they still have any 21's in stock)

i don't wear rescues but i think the 21cm are a bit slimmer. i'm with you usually a sagger with wearin my jeans on my hips. my fav pair are my RRDS. i can't stand nut huggers. i have a pair of 21cm and they're as slim as i'll go for my tastes. mine were tight at the waist on the get go, but after wearing them for a week, they fit comfortably on my hips. its a good fit.

No offense, but I agree with Cultpop - it's a bit generic, couldn't believe it was Dior and am a bit curious why you bought it (vs standard washed jean).

I think they are just trying to cash in a bit by offering less extreme but far more marketable washes - Dieselizing Dior, if that makes any sense. Which is really lame.

yep...they're totally dieselizing it. By looking at LVR there's more wash options this season than ever before and none of them are bringing anything new to the table. Even dating back to votc's with the orange overdyes, it was the beginning of marketing a more accessible dior item like a basic faded denim jean. Can't say they're anything great, I was one of many who bought into the marketing...but oh well i still like my classic washed diors, they're versatile and nicely-detailed (if overpriced) jeans...i just won't be buying any more new ones.

recently got my pair of japanese 19cms in w31, i'm a true 33"

i'm 165lbs 6ft2

would be great if you guys can comment.

p1010068hg3.th.jpgp1010067ma8.th.jpg

p1010069zm2.th.jpg

Are you wearing em low?

It looks like it.

But nice fit I guess, its just the butt area. ;)

Maybe he bought it because he wanted a washed jean with the Dior fit?

I thought the whole point of buying Diors was always due to the fit and that there's no alternative to a Dior fit (as has been said numerous times on this board) - therefore, he couldn't just buy any other washed jean.

If those jeans weren't so damned expensive, I'd consider buying it.

dont bother. i went in today and all they had were raw 19cm. i was keeping my fingers crossed. i tried the 32s, and even though they were too loose in the waist, they were still so fuckin tight! did the dior store on 57th have any 21cm raws at all (jap or italian)?

Can someone tell me the number to the NY Dior store and if they ship nationally... because elux doesn't have 28 in raws. also I know I could look through this thread for the answer but there are so many pages.. Is there a difference between the Japanese and the Italian version?

dont bother. i went in today and all they had were raw 19cm. i was keeping my fingers crossed. i tried the 32s, and even though they were too loose in the waist, they were still so fuckin tight! did the dior store on 57th have any 21cm raws at all (jap or italian)?

Uhm they may...but the dude said "nothing close to a 32" ...dammit...I may just order the 21cm's and return em if they aren't the right fit...at least it's domestic and not some sweden/japan stee.

Akura...check the Dior Homme website...or look it up on Superfuture's map of NYC(upper eastside) or google it. I don't think they ship, but if they do, please let us know lol.

Hello,

My name is Julian, and i have just recently opened a supertalk account. I have found very interesting, and informational, all of these denim threads. Being as skinny as i am (5'10", 115 lbs., aprox. waist 27), i have always turned to this blog in order to order the right sizes for me. Now, i want to contribute some info. on the new 18cm tight fit jeans from Dior Homme. They came in the mail yesterday, and i couldn't be happier with what i have received. They are very comfortable jeans which truly live up to their description as "tight". These jeans hardly feel like denim, and are indeed very stretchy. As soon as i learn how to post pics, i will.

Would anyone care to explain to me how i can?

Thank you,

julian

Hello,

Would anyone care to explain to me how i can?

Thank you,

julian

I assume you already have the pictures off your camera and onto your picture.

Make sure that you resize your pictures so that they are not overly large, something like 800x600 should be fine. You can use any image editing program to do this.

Once you have done that, upload the pictures to an image host, such as this: http://imagesocket.com/

Go to that page, browse for your pictures, upload them, and copy-paste the links in the Forum 1 box into your post.

I called Dior Homme in NY and they do ship items out but inorder for them to ship the jeans out to you, you must have them fax you a form and then you have to fax back a copy of your drivers licence and credit card you are going to use to purchase the jeans.

Anyone know roughly how much jeans are in the store there? The guy was kind of a dick and so I hung up on him.

Just dropped my 19cm dry black Japans that I got from TheGrapist off at the Dior store for hemming. Going to get 3 inches taken off. Not getting them tapered at all. I don't have a before pic, but i'll post the results when I get them back.

I called Dior Homme in NY and they do ship items out but inorder for them to ship the jeans out to you, you must have them fax you a form and then you have to fax back a copy of your drivers licence and credit card you are going to use to purchase the jeans.

Anyone know roughly how much jeans are in the store there? The guy was kind of a dick and so I hung up on him.

Uhm...the Japans were $295...Bloomberg just deaded taxes on clothes and footwear!!!! YEAAAAAAA!! Anyways...you're lucky you didn't actually go there, they are on some silly shit in the store...some real Zoolander-Sprockets all-black homo stee (not that all black is gay...just how they got it is).

Did they say they could get the 21cm's in 32 waist??? Lol.

call the LA store and talk to Cort or Sean, great guys, very very friendly, I was a bit surprised coz it is beverly fucking hills and dior homme...

(i got your PM and will get you the measurements tonight, I'll also post them here I guess...)

-Andrew

When I was looking for my black 19cm raw jeans, I called the LA store first because that was the closest location from me (San Diego). They were supposed to fax me the forms but never did. Called those guys twice but no luck. Finally called the Vegas store and I received them 3 days after I called. I believe the guys name is Jason who helped me. He even called me twice telling me he received my fax and that he shipped them.

Any one have pics of the grey models?

guys am i being a freaking psycho if i get an indigo japanese 21cm if i already have the 21 cm italian? theres a slight difference in color though.. but should i still get it ?i already have the italian...dayymmm halp!

kitano: weird, coz I called the LA store and they faxed me the form within minutes, literally, I faxed it back also within minutes, haha, and the jeans got here the next day! I was so impressed!

guys am i being a freaking psycho if i get an indigo japanese 21cm if i already have the 21 cm italian? theres a slight difference in color though.. but should i still get it ?i already have the italian...dayymmm halp!

i suggest getting one of the washes, maybe the dust wash or waxed models...the raw is a good entry point into Dior, but i don't see the point in getting all the makes/cuts of just the raw denim.

i suggest getting one of the washes, maybe the dust wash or waxed models...the raw is a good entry point into Dior, but i don't see the point in getting all the makes/cuts of just the raw denim.

I agree, everything raw is just so drab and boring for me. I think my next pair are going to be waxed.