Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Don't hemmmmmmmmm. Rock the 90cm stack to death.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking. i'm used to hemming cause of the wider leg openings. probably won't hem the 19cm.

I was wondering if I should hem mine as well at some point. I am 6' 2" and there is a ton of stacking still and I don't wear them slouchy at all. I have gotten mixed opinions, but I have decided to leave the stacks, because well they are diors and I don't want to alter them, plus the stacks do look pretty sweet and it draws attention to the jeans as a whole I feel. Gives you more chances to show them off and talk about them. ;)

How heavy are the Dior Brutes (19 or 21 cm...I guess it doesn't matter)???

Are they sandpapery like some of the crazy Levi's 501 repro. Japanese denims?

Or just about the same as some APC's...which I still don't know the weight of neither lol.

How heavy are the Dior Brutes (19 or 21 cm...I guess it doesn't matter)???

Are they sandpapery like some of the crazy Levi's 501 repro. Japanese denims?

Or just about the same as some APC's...which I still don't know the weight of neither lol.

they are similar to APC. about the same weight.

I need to get some pics up soon, but the calves on mine are not that skinny so the stacks kind of bluge out a bit at my ankles making my ankles look kind of wide. It feels awkward when I look down being that the thigh is so skinny and there are these wider stacks at my ankles. I feel like I have Ugg boots on or something. Anybody have a similar experience? I am noooow thinking of getting them tapered a bit from the knee, but like last time I am not sure... Any thoughts even though I don't have much to show at the moment?

I notice the same thing. For now I'll just wear them and decide sometime down the road to have them further tapered or not. A major part of it is probably the fact that I'm not used to so much fabric hanging out down there.

I notice the same thing. For now I'll just wear them and decide sometime down the road to have them further tapered or not. A major part of it is probably the fact that I'm not used to so much fabric hanging out down there.

Yeah, we are in the same place I guess. Wait and see stage. It could look fine and it is just what we are used to that is driving us crazy. I will get some pictures up soon.

http://www.brownsfashion.com/BrownsFashionSite/product/BrownsFashion_Mensstore_Jeans/80896.htm

are they the jeans you speak of.. although that says they are 21 inch jeans and i'm confused as to what that means??

I think that's an error; I believe it should be 21cm jeans, as opposed to inches. That measurement represents the size of the hem. And yes, those are the jeans that people are talking about when they refer to the 21cm jeans, but there is also the 19cm model, which most people in this thread seem to have.

They look good. Man, dior sure vanity sizes.

nope...it looks like one of the new ss07 washes. Probably one of those jeans with the weird name like "under my car" or "find again" jeans...they look a lot like the orange overdyes though, dior really ran out of steam with the washes quick.

But worse! They look really cheap and definitely not worth the price tag...but that could be the shitty LVR pictures. Ruach...if possible could you do a close up on the wash you have?

The person at the Dior Homme boutique called the wash "crushed edge." It's nothing amazing, but I'm a fan. The honeycombs line up pretty much perfectly for me but they are really subtle; I didn't notice how apparent they are until I hung them up for these pictures. Aside from the pocket edges and hem, there is also some light fraying on one of the knees and thighs.

dior1.jpg

dior2.jpg

dior3.jpg

dior4.jpg

dior5.jpg

^^^

I wouldn't go that far...the jeans seem like a re-hash of the votc overdyes except with more subtle whiskering. None of the washed jeans this season i found that striking...the 'under my car' jeans are ok but not for the $500 price tag they're commanding.

I liked the dust wash jeans from last season, those were probably the only DH jeans i've liked since ss05.