Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

sorry for bringing up such a old thread

i wear 29 waist in nudie slim jims, although they are a bit loose after stretch. i bought 29 in diors, too baggy. returned them, dior store didnt have the 28s, so i got the 27s. it was probably the most tight thing i have ever put on. i slept in them for about a month every night and they turned into the best fitting jeans i have ever owned. here are pics:

111606intensediorfit2qd1.jpg

11/16/06 - right out of the box. had to really suck it in big time to button them.

120906diorfitmi4.jpg

12/9/06 finally got the anti fit i so desired

dior1monthstretchedgj1.jpg

for reference, i am 5'6" 126 lbs.

hope this helps

edit: oh yes! and forgot to thank sidneylo and ayn for their insight

guys i really need some help, i joined the MSN groups, i've asked friends, but i still can't get a definitive answer, my local boutique doesn't bring in the raws, and i'm really desperate to get myself a pair!

so the question is, i'm a w32.5-w33, planning to get a w32 jap 19cm, what do you guys think? sld i size it down as i want a 3/4 tight fit(i know it sounds strange but i don't know how else to describe it), not the tight fit(is it called anti-fit?)

to add on : what is the actual size of the hem on a w31 japanese 21cm?

if you're a 32-33 natural waist, get a W29 in Diors, you'll be pleased. The tightness of the legs depends mainly on how thick your legs are.

BTW it looks like Luisaviaroma still has black Japanese 19cm raws left from F/W06 in several sizes. The selvage model have been selling on ebay lately for like $325 too....

just back from the tailor with my freshly tapered dior italians, from 19cm down to 17cm. i've been wearing them daily for almost two months now, but just didn't like the way they were bunching at the hem... the taper to 17cm really did the trick! pics soon.

props to su8m3rg3d and dismalfuture for the inspiration.

Out of curiosity, where did you have the taper start? At the knee, or higher up at mid-thigh?

I had my orange overdye 21cm's tapered to 19cm but still am not happy with the fit. The taper starts at the knee so the thigh is unsightly large. I need to have them re-tapered... not sure where to have it done.

i thought the whole reason for buying dior was the fit? why then are so many people getting them altered? if its just to have those little darts on your ass then i think its kinda silly. why not buy some apc/julianred/skulls etc and have a tailor add darts? it would be a lot cheaper and from what ive seen the denim isnt that nice on the diors.

just curious.

the top half of Diors is pretty different dude, that is a good part of the fit there. They somehow manage to look slim without crushing the balls, the boxy top. The darts are pretty useless, the Dior fit is really in the yokes. They're probably twice as wide as a normal yoke; and the edge of the pockets sits down lower too. Those two things really affect everything else substantially. The taper of the legs is not as important IMO because the stacking and bunching obscures the real line of the inseam anyway.

if you're a 32-33 natural waist, get a W29 in Diors, you'll be pleased.

3 Sizes down?!

is that right, im looking to buy some dior 19cm raw black japans

and im going for that slim anti-fit look

id consider myself a true 32waist (thats what i wear in Nudie Slim Jims)

so i thought id go for a 31waist dior 19cm, would i even be able to button up a 29waist dior all the way? could i wear them low on my waist?

i thought 1 size down was the way to go, am i wrong?

if you're a 32-33 natural waist, get a W29 in Diors, you'll be pleased. The tightness of the legs depends mainly on how thick your legs are.

BTW it looks like Luisaviaroma still has black Japanese 19cm raws left from F/W06 in several sizes. The selvage model have been selling on ebay lately for like $325 too....

i think he said natural waist. 33 pants size doesnt equate to 33 pants waste? just a guess.

i would size down 2 sizes if you plan on wearing them alot and want that really tight fit.. as i shown in pics. the diff between before and after is huge

my natural waist fluctuates between 31-32";

my tag 29" Diors are too big and can be pulled down while buttoned up,

my tag 28" Diors have stretched to 39 cm across the waistband, and are still snug enough to stay up beltless but I can wear them anti-fit anywhere I want to, so tag 28" turned out to be perfect for my natural 32" waist.

That is why I'd size down 3; they're 2 sizes larger than tagged, and then they seem to stretch about an inch in the waist. You can see in the thread that most guys are buying them nutcrusher tight, and then they stretch to that slouchy fit over time.

BTW, my APC size is a 27 in New Standards, Cures, Hipsters. I could probably even do the 26's....

i think you should just size up 1 from your apc size (if you have one).

i'm a 32, i wear a 29 in apc (in ns, cure, hipster, although i can take them off with the buttons done up, i doubt i would fit into a 28 unless they are cut larger than i remember now. maybe they've stretched way too much though since i wear them quite low) but 29 in dior would not fit me.

i'm pretty sure tragicbliss also sized up 1 from his apc size. and dismalfuture has also...

1st post.

btw, on the viaroma website, 07 season has denim labelled "nostalgy", which looks very much like the brutes. anyone know the difference?

plongin, ive been asking that same exact question on here for months and have yet to be given a solid answer, i dont think anyone knows

It's not rocket science:

the "nostalgy" diors look raw too though, not just the "brut"s.

so again, i am dumbfounded as to what the difference is?

Luisaviaroma calls the Italian raw jeans the "nostalgy" jeans, for some reason.

jisut picked up my pair of 19cm's at Barneys earlier today... i love the fit. I only sized down 1, got a size 30 because apaprently they only carry 32, and 30, even sizes and i knew 32 was gonna be huge....28 was gonna be too small, so i went with 30 and it fits pretty snug but not super tight. lovin it

Hey guys,

Just to add some fuel to the fire...I got some gray raw Dior Japans from Selfridges (not the black ones, a new color, gris fonce on the tag).

These are a much lighter weight denim than any I've had before - I am guessing they're gonna stretch like APCs...anyone have experience with these yet?

I only sized down one and I'm thinking I should just exchange them and size down a bit more.

Anyways, this complicates things a bit, because it looks like are a bunch of new colors coming out in raw (japan) denim for SS07. In London, I've also seen:

-raw dark black (ie, warp/weft black)

-a slightly lighter black (but still darker than last season's black),

-raw gray (ie, the ones I got)

...and all seem to be much lighter weight denim, which should stretch more.

finally, it also seems like the standard blue and black are being issued in a lighter weight denim as well.

my guess = simply easier for summer wear.

imho, the gray color absolutely rocks (it's a bit like the "supertalk" color at the top of the page) - you should check it out if you're near a Dior retailer.

Oh yah - FWIW, based on what I've seen in London, I think Nostalgys are a different model than the plain raw - I think they have a tiny bit of distressing/whiskering (and what looks like a bit of resin).

I don't think they are the same as raw, even though the differences struck me as marginal (but I could be very wrong :)

Hey Plongin,

No pics unfortunately as my camera charger has vanished...maybe next weekish :)

Here's a (really awful) set of pics at eluxury (thanks notetoself):

http://eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11346752&SectionID=6000

The color is really much richer and the fit of course much better.

Although you can perhaps tell from how they fall in these pics that the denim is a lighter weight...

Sphoxx,

Those are very nice!