Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

dior jeans are all over in sizing. you need to really find the exact pair of washed jeans in the season that it was released, and then check up through the sizing board on groups.msn.com/diorhomme to be certain of fit, unless you are able to obtain measurements beforehand.

Generally the washed pairs are a bit smaller than the raws, but with these new made in japan wonderhouses it's hard to say.

^ THanks for the advice

My pair right now is unwashed raw 21 cm's made in Japan, and I gotta say I'm not doing a size 30 again- I thought they were going to stretch out alot, probably because of how my APC's stretched, but shit no. If I were to rock 31 in the raw's im guessing to go for a 32 in the unwashed; I might just hit up the store in NYC though and try them on to make sure- I got my eye on these or the orange over-dyes- so ill

29305581_o.jpg

i recently saw a pair of Dior raw JP jeans waist 29, and from what i've read, 29 waist JP cut would have a hem of 19cm. However, the pair i saw has hem of 17cm and the seller said they havent been tailored/tapered

anyone know why?

Pish posh...I'm a changed person! Now it's all about nudeness; fuck clothing!

^ Asterix, were you the guy who came around on several occasions when I was selling my BMW, and insisted on test driving it by redlining the first 3 gears, stoplight raced the guy on the Harley, got a flat tire, and then never called me back about the car???

I just received the raw 19cm blacks in the mail today. I really do like these but I do have 1 question.

I ordered these in a 33 and while I can button them up relatively easily, they are snug around the thighs. These things will stretch pretty easily with wear, correct? Or should I return them for a 34.

FYI, these are snug enough around the thighs to the point that I don't want to wear them out in public yet.

Thanks!

just back from the tailor with my freshly tapered dior italians, from 19cm down to 17cm. i've been wearing them daily for almost two months now, but just didn't like the way they were bunching at the hem... the taper to 17cm really did the trick! pics soon.

props to su8m3rg3d and dismalfuture for the inspiration.

I just received the raw 19cm blacks in the mail today. I really do like these but I do have 1 question.

I ordered these in a 33 and while I can button them up relatively easily, they are snug around the thighs. These things will stretch pretty easily with wear, correct? Or should I return them for a 34.

FYI, these are snug enough around the thighs to the point that I don't want to wear them out in public yet.

Thanks!

For reference, I bought a size 27 raw 19cm black, and it was tight as hell in the fitting room at DH in NYC. Problems buttoning and all. I felt uneasy. Went with it anyway, and it's stretched a lot at the waist, but not terribly much at the thigh/calf--not enough to be baggy. It definitely is slimmer than my size 26 APC New Standards.

So if you want a slimmmmmm look, keep the 33. If you're just a bit uneasy, keep the 33, it will stretch a bit, just not so much.

Thanks!

I also have the 33 and I felt just like you when I got them. They will stretch, just wear them at home or take a nap in them.

^where did you order from, im looking to buy a pair

do they sell dior 19cm raw black anywhere in or around the SF bay area?

I called the Vegas store for them. Then I received the package and it came from their NY store. Go figure.

I returned them for a 34. If the waist is a bit loose, I'll just take the waist in. I work out a lot so the extra thigh room in the 34 will help.

just back from the tailor with my freshly tapered dior italians, from 19cm down to 17cm. i've been wearing them daily for almost two months now, but just didn't like the way they were bunching at the hem... the taper to 17cm really did the trick! pics soon.

props to su8m3rg3d and dismalfuture for the inspiration.

Out of curiosity, where did you have the taper start? At the knee, or higher up at mid-thigh?

I had my orange overdye 21cm's tapered to 19cm but still am not happy with the fit. The taper starts at the knee so the thigh is unsightly large. I need to have them re-tapered... not sure where to have it done.

Hi,

I just bought a pair of "Black dry 29" 19cm´s. They have the black coloured DIOR skin tag on the outside of the right backpocket. See pic.

I have never seen this before... my other DH (blue dry) does not have that. Have You guys any info?

Anyone know if they are from a small lote etc? They are made in Japan but bought in Sweden.

2812061106yz8.th.jpg

Thanks,

/Kallun

That's weird, never seen that before. Dior jackets will come with a black leather piece that holds buttons, but that is just weird, shouldn't be there.

Re: the tapering, my tailor took a curved ruler of some sort that looked to be intended for that purpose and chalked in a line that started upper to mid thigh on the inseam. He caught the curve from where it was naturally and then started tapering in very gradually, more and more til he was maybe an inch skinnier at the knee, and then he just followed the original inseam all the way down, just an inch or so skinnier. Diors fall pretty straight from that knee to the hem, I think most of the taper happens between the crotch to above the knee.

Hmm, interesting!

I have tags and receipt so I am not doubthing their origin... Anyone else have any info?

The tag is stitch into the upper seam of the backpocket and is only sewn at top and bottom with loose stitches. I intend to remove it.

/Kallun