Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Classic SF. Always can count on some hate here.

Asterix - as I said I bought them for the cut - the waist area is smaller than most. I got sick of the huge loose ass thing in many 501 styled models. I'm a 34. As stated numerous times they stretch considerably. I like to wear my shit low and so after the stretching they sit the way I like 'em to. I've tried smaller sizes on, 33/19cm and back in 05 a 50cm waist, but they were too tight in the thigh n' waist area - and by that I mean I could hardly walk in 'em. So, no, they aren't sized up, they are infact the smallest I could get into. peace

Well that means these jeans are not made to fit your body type...

in fact, i really can't understand how most of the people on this board can get into size 30 jeans, that's way way skinny.

i wear 34 and i'm a skinny dude,

This made me piss myself...

That pic that I posted that Asterix quoted actually doesn't show how slim they really are. The first pic is what they actually are like. But any bagginess comes from the lack of height 5'11" and that I haven't hemmed them. I like the gather. But each is entitled to their likes n' dislikes! So hate on!

More fuel to the fire... the silver selvedge got their first work out today... excuse the cropping... 'mirror issues'

349544176_637f423158_b.jpg

ah just realised I forgot to mirror the images as well...

What the fuck man?!?! Those look like shit. Buy some fucking pants in the correct fucking size or go wear some Evisu or something... What are those, like sized up 6 sizes? You yourself even said that the denim quality is not very good so why the hell did you buy them? Certainly you were not aimed at purchasing them for their fit...

Jesus CHRIST. Drop your goddamn Dior Homme fetishism.

Jesus CHRIST. Drop your goddamn Dior Homme fetishism.

It has nothing to do with Dior Homme...I was just saying that it's pretty pointless to buy a pair of slim jeans and to wear them like sweat pants.

Do you notice anything about the selvage pair to warrant the price difference from the non selvage?

I don't own the selvage ones, but they actually seemed of poorer quality than the non-selvage ones to me. The denim was thinner and seemed more "brittle."

Do you notice anything about the selvage pair to warrant the price difference from the non selvage?

First things that you notice... the denim is finer, tighter, lighter and stiffer. After day one it's hard to tell the movements/gives/stretch in them but I'm guessing that they will have less lateral stretching than the looser woven 'brut' versions. And maybe there's something in the wear of them, as mentioned the honeycombing happened almost instantly...

Oh there's also the silver thread that the 'brut' versions don't have... but that's really superfluous...

i like the way you wear the diors,

its like you used the fit to suit your look rather than having the clothes wear you if you know what i mean.

anyway, has asterix gotten his sz26s yet?

Yeah i agree.....they look really good on you. Though you could have bought something less expensive and get the same look....but who cares its a pair of diors :D!

lilbucu with the keen eye there.

As for the price... they aren't all that bad compared to many of the 'premium' jeans out there... hell kids didn't blink at the nbhd x supreme for us$600+ at retail. They were scooped up by the kiddies... I'd been going through denim like nuthin else for a couple years... 47xx, 66xx, fenoms 505s, fenom 207s, fluxus 01, fluxus 05, '47 'canes, Nom De Guerre's, Supreme raws, APCs and more... and these FOR ME fit the best...

Well i dont want that superfade - i dont know if I want it washed :P I want it as when youve used em for a long time without being washed. But i still want to shrink em :) Dilemma! Argh!

Thinking of buying 19cm (since i have 21cm i think, but theyre really 17.5cm when i measured.) black. I have 28" and im pretty small, 1m 77cm (still growing) and 56kg. Im thinking of buying em in 26" since i want these ones to be kind of tight (check page21). The ones i have now have stretched increadiable!

You must have a small waist or something? I am about the same as you, 175cm, 57 kilos. I don't think I could fasten the 27"s... The 28"s took a big heave to hook up and then hurt for a day but fit perfectly for me now.

To be honest I am not really feelin 78's fit either, the top part looks ok i guess but the bottom hem is too small, a straight leg would be better IMO. I honestly think a pair of baggier jeans like '47's or other repros would look better with the other wardrobe pieces there too. I think the real beef people are having with the fit is they're making his leg's look short and even wider than normal. The Dior boxy top with the wider space right there in the crotch for the skinnier leg look, the skinny leg, plus the bunched fabric stacking is supposed to create the illusion of long, billowy legs. 78's fit doesn't look true baggy, it just looks Aladdin'ish/MC Hammerish.

There's been a couple other guys on supertalk with big Diors, 34"+ sizes and 21cm hem models; to be honest I wasn't feeling their fits either, looked awkward. if I was built like that, I wouldn't touch Diors, I'd be looking for baggier jeans, IMO.

You must have a small waist or something? I am about the same as you, 175cm, 57 kilos. I don't think I could fasten the 27"s... The 28"s took a big heave to hook up and then hurt for a day but fit perfectly for me now.

To be honest I am not really feelin 78's fit either, the top part looks ok i guess but the bottom hem is too small, a straight leg would be better IMO. I honestly think a pair of baggier jeans like '47's or other repros would look better with the other wardrobe pieces there too. I think the real beef people are having with the fit is they're making his leg's look short and even wider than normal. The Dior boxy top with the wider space right there in the crotch for the skinnier leg look, the skinny leg, plus the bunched fabric stacking is supposed to create the illusion of long, billowy legs. 78's fit doesn't look true baggy, it just looks Aladdin'ish/MC Hammerish.

There's been a couple other guys on supertalk with big Diors, 34"+ sizes and 21cm hem models; to be honest I wasn't feeling their fits either, looked awkward. if I was built like that, I wouldn't touch Diors, I'd be looking for baggier jeans, IMO.

ha ha. mchammerish. there not quite that baggy. i agree with most on this forum that diors look better slim. with that said, how is anyone got the right to tell someone how they should wear their jeans. you go 78 with yo bad self.

What the fuck man?!?! Those look like shit. Buy some fucking pants in the correct fucking size or go wear some Evisu or something... What are those, like sized up 6 sizes? You yourself even said that the denim quality is not very good so why the hell did you buy them? Certainly you were not aimed at purchasing them for their fit...

In all fairness, he's wearing the 21cm cut, not the 19cm. There's nothing sacreligious about wearing a pair of standard straight legs a couple of sizes on the large size.

@ Dismal - Ya killed me with the Aladdin line... but to really get that look down I should tie my ankles up or something.... and I ain't ever gettin' long billowy legs... not after 17yrs of skating, bball n' football... not ever. HA.

As I wrote I've tried a few repro '47s and the LVC '47s and I'm about to get ahold of the Sam '47s... but they were just too baggy. Yeah they're easier to skate in but to just chill... nuh uh... I got tired of the super sag and extra ass space... so I went for a slimmer jean and hell I haven't looked back after getting some nearly two years ago... and now I'm on my 5th pair...

Tenchi - yeah I left cuz kids were gettin' their knickers in a twist and Woodster lost all respect in my eyes... place is a joke nowadays... I'm on 5thD.