MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! I'm a "noob" (as my son would say) here on Superfuture, and i like to follow some of the threads here.... Especially the Mister F thread. FYI, there is a store in Stockholm, Sweden, that sells Mister Freedom products. Both from this season and earlier.... It's called "Mr Mudd and Mr Gold". Check it out and keep up the good work!

Hi all! I'm a "noob" (as my son would say) here on Superfuture, and i like to follow some of the threads here.... Especially the Mister F thread. FYI, there is a store in Stockholm, Sweden, that sells Mister Freedom products. Both from this season and earlier.... It's called "Mr Mudd and Mr Gold". Check it out and keep up the good work!

They stock some very nice brands, do you know if they ship international?

Couldn't find that info on the site.

Hey Derek,

I used the Barbour Thornproof dressing that I bought from Orvis.

Hope this helps. I think the Belstaff wax is the same.

CP

Barbour seems to say that one cannot wax a jacket that wasn't originally waxed, because the wax would bleed through the cotton shell to the inner lining and the clothes one is wearing under the jacket.

You haven't had this problem?

I just noticed the front belt loop being so close to the button... does that hinder wearing a belt? Or is this a really tiny waist in the pick?

Yeah, my calis are a size 30, and it's a tight squeeze with the belt buckle...

Yeah figures Barbour would say that. I have had no issues at all with the wax bleeding to the inside to any of the jackets I have done. For example if you look at the Filson pants and most other waxed pants, you can't really wear them comfortably with out wearing another layer. Waxed cotton if not lined feels really akward on your skin and sweaty. So my guess is that the lining of both my MF jackets is what makes it work with these. Yes it is always best to wax something before the lining is in but in this case that wasn't possible. Obviously wax your stuff at your own risk. I am not a pro like Barbour/filson/ect. They impregnate there cotton before they do anything. I think there are 2 main companies in the US that wax most products that you see in the stores. I am just doing the homemade way but I think it looks great and haven't had any issues yet.

Hope this helps!!!

www.banditphotographer.com

Barbour seems to say that one cannot wax a jacket that wasn't originally waxed, because the wax would bleed through the cotton shell to the inner lining and the clothes one is wearing under the jacket.

You haven't had this problem?