Denime

• 1 month later...
Just got these from Beatle: a pair of (Orrizonti-era!) 66XX!

(Many thanks! :] )

You guys are gonna laugh at my dumbass IGNORANCE!

So I just got home and I read this post and had no idea what it was talking about ("Orizzonti-era"). Can you believe it? I know! Such shameful ignorance considering that the main pair of jeans I've been wearing for a year and a half are Denimes! But research it I did and I anxiously went to my pair to look at the label...

Orizzonti.jpg

ta da! bought 6 years ago in Tokyo, I had set them aside until about a year and a half ago when I started wearing them finally. And up until this post today I had NO fucking idea what "Orizzonti" Denimes were or that I've been wearing them all this time. I feel like I've won the lottery!

Has anyone tried on the new Denimes?

Are they significantly lower quality than the old Denimes? Since it was mentioned that afew retailers stopped carrying Denimes because the new jeans are not on par with the older ones ( before the change).

• 1 month later...

Does anyone happen to have a raw waist/rise measurement for the Denime XX in a size 34? I e-mailed Gordon about their measurement chart, but I haven't received a response. I'm looking to get a pair of the 15th anniversary Warehouse 1001xx and I'd like the fit to be similarly baggy.

You guys are gonna laugh at my dumbass IGNORANCE!

So I just got home and I read this post and had no idea what it was talking about ("Orizzonti-era"). Can you believe it? I know! Such shameful ignorance considering that the main pair of jeans I've been wearing for a year and a half are Denimes! But research it I did and I anxiously went to my pair to look at the label...

Orizzonti.jpg

ta da! bought 6 years ago in Tokyo, I had set them aside until about a year and a half ago when I started wearing them finally. And up until this post today I had NO fucking idea what "Orizzonti" Denimes were or that I've been wearing them all this time. I feel like I've won the lottery!

Congrats, i'm all about the Shins tho. SHINS OR DIE! Sup aztec, tvshooter, lemmy. haha Who's gonna win the contest????

^ Your pair is very nice too, Atzec.

I'm rooting for you.

So much has been talk about on how impression its denim quality is.

Recently, just grab a 2nd hand Denime Kyoto from Slab (Thanks, recieved it)

Although not my size, but the urge to feel it myself is killing me, so my wife will be wearing it. I guess it is also a good reason for me to feel her thighs haha :D

I will post some of her fits when I got the chance.

Now, just some pics of the details.

P7284153.jpg

P7284154.jpg

P7284156.jpg

P7284157.jpg

P7284158.jpg

^amardeep is gonna win.

◕ ◡ ◕

Was talking with one of the reps with Denime (probably a sales rep) and asked them about the whole new ownership issue, and from what I could understand from him (broken english) they kept the denim and cut unchanged on the 66xx and one other model (forget which).

Highly doubt that but has anyone felt both the old 66xx and the new one and say so definitively?

P7284158.jpg

this is so fuckin beautiful. yo- don't count Salaam out. haven't seen him in a long time, but his pair are sick. i know he had to stop wearing them, but i could wear mine another 2 years and still not have the wear that he beat down on those things. must make trip to Richmond soon.

◕ ◡ ◕

Was talking with one of the reps with Denime (probably a sales rep) and asked them about the whole new ownership issue, and from what I could understand from him (broken english) they kept the denim and cut unchanged on the 66xx and one other model (forget which).

Highly doubt that but has anyone felt both the old 66xx and the new one and say so definitively?

funny thing is, I don't see them offer the 66XX at all...so that makes it harder to believe for me

good to hear those Kyoto's are going to receive some love (and rubbing by Obbigood ;-) )

It really hurt selling those but jeans are meant to be worn

◕ ◡ ◕

Same fabric, same cut.

With a heavy heart, I've decided that I need to actually sell this. I've tried before, but removed the listing thinking I'd make an attempt at wearing it, but it never seems to happen. I just don't think denim jackets are for me. This is deadstock (mid-90s, I think) Denime--own a piece of history:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2803737#post2803737

IMG_3435.jpg

what, beatle? How could you sell such a piece of history?! *shakinghead*

I think I was the one who sold them to him via beatle...

I knew what I was giving up when I did it but they had so much indigo left on them and they'd never fit me again so I'd rather let someone else enjoy them fully. Denim is more fun if you can wear it!

With a heavy heart, I've decided that I need to actually sell this. I've tried before, but removed the listing thinking I'd make an attempt at wearing it, but it never seems to happen. I just don't think denim jackets are for me. This is deadstock (mid-90s, I think) Denime--own a piece of history:

]

That's a nice jacket....unfortunately too expensive for me atm.

x-post from the 66xx contest:

dsci1441.jpg

dsci1434s.jpg

dsci1437.jpg

dsci1440.jpg

dsci1426.jpg

dsci0243s.jpg

dsci1439m.jpg

dsci1442.jpg

dsci1423.jpg

dsci1432.jpg

Denime was bought by JM, and the original founder Mr. Lim Heng Fang left and created a new brand "RESOLUTE"

most of the old Denime model name keeped but cutting n denim changed, and most important .. no red tab and more

that are really some old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old ,old, old ,old, old, old, old, old "news"

I still want to see one of the new pairs being broken in from someone who owned or owns a Shins or Orizzonti. If the Yen would be weaker, I think I could buy me a XX type.

BTW,

They now sell the Kyoto Edition on their website.

And plain white Tees for under 4,000 Yen, made in the US

i did find a comparison but will be nice if you guys could verify as i have no knowledge about denime, please correct if wrong :)

http://blog-imgs-36.fc2.com/i/b/r/ibra08/PICT0411_convert_20100202212241.jpg

from left: XX (bought in 2006), 66, 66XX & 15th anniversary.

http://blog-imgs-36.fc2.com/i/b/r/ibra08/DSCN0077_convert_20100731140001.jpg

left: XX (2006)

right: 66 (7 months)

edit: not putting the pics up coz they're HUGE, click on the links to view