Denime

On 2/29/2024 at 1:37 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Denime wrote wome stuff about the denim used for the new 3 models.

I might have understood it incorrectly but it seems they had Kurabo analyse the old Banner denim and have it recreated. So another "Banner denim". They main difference seems to be the brown weft in comparison to WH's old Banner denim. 

I'm intrigued by the brown banner denim. Warehouse banner denim is one of my favorites so I'll be grabbing a pair of the Denime banner as long as the fit works for me. Have they announced what models will have this denim? 

Every pair i ever had will stretch bak to raw in the waist if enough pressure is applied.

Size 34

Raw
Waist: 35"
Front rise: 13.5"
Back rise: 17.75"
Thighs: 13.25"
Knee: 10"
Leg opening: 9"
Inseam: 35.25"

One-wash
Waist: 34"
Front rise: 13"
Back rise: 16.75"
Thighs: 12.9"
Knee: 9.6"
Leg opening: 8.75"
Inseam: 33.75"

Second wash
Waist: 33"
Front rise: 12.25"
Back rise: 16.5"
Thighs: 12.5"
Knee: 9.25"
Leg opening: 8.5"
Inseam: 32.75"

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Every pair i ever had will stretch bak to raw in the waist if enough pressure is applied.

Size 34

Raw
Waist: 35"
Front rise: 13.5"
Back rise: 17.75"
Thighs: 13.25"
Knee: 10"
Leg opening: 9"
Inseam: 35.25"

One-wash
Waist: 34"
Front rise: 13"
Back rise: 16.75"
Thighs: 12.9"
Knee: 9.6"
Leg opening: 8.75"
Inseam: 33.75"

Second wash
Waist: 33"
Front rise: 12.25"
Back rise: 16.5"
Thighs: 12.5"
Knee: 9.25"
Leg opening: 8.5"
Inseam: 32.75"

thank you! 

would you say the top block is snug? im currently on my 3rd pair of fullcount 1108, always had a 33 and they always stretched a size too big, now trying 32's and they are super snug, especially in the thighs. looking for a high rise with a looser top block so they dont sag below the hips. these 220a's look promising

I wore various incarnations (different denims) of the 1108s for many years (2010-2015 or so) and I can say the 220 are more generous in all dimensions and much more comfortable, IMO… especially as I get older.

Good Afternoon

Long-time lurker here that just dove back into the denim game. I haven't bought a pair of denim in a few years and wanted to dive back in with japanese denim. Over the last couple years I've been slowly transitioning out of slim fit mindset and into regular straight leg pants/denim. This lead me back here to learn/relearn these brands/models etc.. I had narrowed down my choices to the Warehouse 1001xx, Denime 220a XX, and Resolute 714. After a lot of back and forth I decided on the 220 and I'm glad I did!

After reading through this thread about sizing and shrinkage. I decided on the 34x36. I received my pair from Japan after about 8 days from a shop I found on Rakuten Market. I received my pair and did a 45 minutes cold water soak, then let the jeans dry and followed up with a cold wash on delicate. 

Some fit pics below (first 3 are raw fitting and the last are after a soak and wash). Along with measurements.

34w x 36
Raw / Soak / One Wash
Waist: 17.5" / 17" / 16.75
Front Rise: 13" / 12.75" / 12.5"
Back Rise: 17.75" / 17" / 16.5"
Thigh: 13" / 12.75" / 12.25"
Knee: 10" / 9.5" / 9.25"
Leg Opening: 9" / 8.75" / 8.5"
Inseam: 35" / 33" / 32"

These are coming along great and the fit feels amazing. There's also some room for some shrinkage, which I assume will happen on the second wash. I'm going to wait until after the second wash to get these hemmed.

Denime_220a_XX_1.jpg

Denime_220a_XX_2.jpg

Denime_220a_XX_3.jpg

Denime_220a_XX_4.jpg

Denime_220a_XX_5.jpg

Denime_220a_XX_6.jpg

Denime_220a_XX_7.jpg

Edited by YourArsenal

Denime heads! I require some advice..

Where is the most cost effective place to source a pair of 220A from to the U.K.?

The good people of Son of a Stag have some in still, and that would also be knocking the cost of hemming off in the end, but I wondered given the yen <-> gbp situation, whether there is another viable source at the moment?

On 3/23/2024 at 8:51 PM, Alec Leamas said:

Denime heads! I require some advice..

Where is the most cost effective place to source a pair of 220A from to the U.K.?

The good people of Son of a Stag have some in still, and that would also be knocking the cost of hemming off in the end, but I wondered given the yen <-> gbp situation, whether there is another viable source at the moment?

https://www.cultizm.com/en/denim/jeans/40015/denime-lot-220a-offset-xx-model-selvedge-indigo-14.5oz – they have 30% off right now with the code E30

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 6:02 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Warehouse/Denime released the new models on their IG
(https://www.instagram.com/denime1988/)

WW2 (as expected)
1947 (as expected)
1954 (only knew of 50s)

and jackets for all these periods.

Then two 66 models, in black and ecru.

The jeans and jackets look more like Warehouse than former Denime (so Warehouse jeans with a Denime patch and hardware). I'll pass. Maybe, just maybe an expection for the WW2 jacket

Do we have any concept of when the WW2 / 47 and 54's will arrive? I've been told by Bears that they have no idea about WH production schedule, but does anyone have a feel for when it might be?

Wondering whether to hold my nerve for the 47's or just go 220A right now!