so much of our lives are drug-centered 

caffeine to wake up

alcohol to forget

weed to understand 

benzos to sleep

oxytocin to feel

but that's the way of things 

talk for yourself

had surgery yesterday, will be sitting home like a cripple for a few (?) days. Wtf should I do? Get drunk? I spent like 5 days at home around last weekend due to an unrelated fever.

Being drunk and being cripple is not a great combo. I speak from experience..

I bought 1,000 of these stickers today for $5. It just felt so right. 

8KPzc2K.jpg?1?5402

Back in high school one of my friends bought three rolls of those exact same stickers.  Those things never get old

I haven't tried coffee in this life

Me neither.  

Do you find the whole "culture" surrounding coffee strange as well?  Maybe it's because I'm an alien to that world but the way some people's social lives revolve around getting coffee is intriguing to me.  

idk for me it's a bit different, people "fetishizing" food seems just strange to me

i can't take people who claim that they are "foodies" seriously or people that claim consuming certain types of beverages (coffee, tea) is a big part of their lives / a major defining point of their identity

alot of the time it just feels like these people like the idea of the act of eating / drinking certain foods more than the food itself if that makes any sense

Edited by Trouble

^ reminds of the burger fetish that every second dam person on here had

i like burgers but i will never understand so someone pls aware me. was it the selection beef stickers n patches

fuck that burger fetish, my brother have that, he could eat burgers every fuckin day of his life and he compare other food to a scale of burgers, like ' thats good but not better then that burger..blabla'  it just food , i will never understand that

Edited by aymerikmd

idk for me it's a bit different, people "fetishizing" food seems just strange to me

i can't take people who claim that they are "foodies" seriously or people that claim consuming certain types of beverages (coffee, tea) is a big part of their lives / a major defining point of their identity

alot of the time it just feels like these people like the idea of the act of eating / drinking certain foods more than the food itself if that makes any sense

how so? have you ever enjoyed your food to the point that eating made you happy to be alive? because i feel that way pretty damn often. maybe i just like food a lot and so i probably fall under the bracket of some weirdo who's "fetish-ized" food and what it represents within his life but foreal man. eat a good meal and even shitty days get flipped over by the presence of said meal. 

or

food and sex share the same pleasure centers in the brain.

I think eating a certain food to brandish a lifestyle or image might be what certain extremists do for particular situations. But in general, food preference (especially for tasty things) is an honest endeavor. 

I don't have to eat a burger every frickin day, but there are definitely levels to this shit and if you haven't had a burger that made you suddenly feel like you were wasting money at inferior joints, then you might just live in an unfortunate area. 

At first I thought getting caught taking a shit in the ladies restroom would be embarrassing. But it is in fact quite liberating. No more sneaking out when nobodies looking and now I can just sit back and enjoy the potpourri without feeling rushed.

Life is good man.

Also really don't care about clothes or the aquisition of clothes at all anymore. Maybe it's just a phase. Thought I'd ball out on junya an vis once I stayed making money but now I'm sorta here and give no fucks.

Edited by dovo

fetishizing food is same as doing it with clothes, furniture, architecture/design, etc etc every single preference a person could have or claim to have

some people like things in a genuine/innocent/pure way (although this is pretty hard to do as we don't experience anything in a vacuum), some use it to craft an identity or as cultural signifier, most of us are somewhere in the middle (on a board like this, probably skewed more heavily towards one direction compared to the nat'l average for obvious reasons).

also, the culture of getting coffee is only as weird as culture of gathering in restaurants, bars, etc i.e. these things didn't always exist but they grew to fill a need. somewhere there is a culture of gathering by the dirt pit and chewing on blades of grass or whatever.

theres definitely also a cultural capital side to it but yea let people enjoy their burgers or kale sandwiches or whatever, who cares.

Foodie subculture emerged in countries that traditionally didn't have a strong national cuisine. It's basically a consequence of the adoption of foreign high dining and it's adaptation to middle-class/middle-brow tastes.

Edited by Fuuma

Me neither.  

Do you find the whole "culture" surrounding coffee strange as well?  Maybe it's because I'm an alien to that world but the way some people's social lives revolve around getting coffee is intriguing to me.  

nah, i actually like the whole ritual of making coffee :D

• 2 weeks later...