Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

x-posting from the TCB contest and my visit in Växjö over the weekend.

Really sucks hearing about your stolen gear Volvo. Hopefully karma kicks them hard in the nuts - repeatedly.

Moving on, here's a short report from some shananigans in Sweden this weekend:

I went for a few hours long drive down to Växjö in southern Sweden to visit a friend and watch Markus Krunegård perform. He does pretty good pop music. Though he sings in swedish these days he used to have a band called Laakso and sing in english ~10 years ago. I listened to 'High Drama' like mad when I was a teenager.

The venue was really small (and with a bloody great beer selection). Totally cramped with 200 people in a basement. 

15755485031_b4a9841d06_c.jpg

15571936288_9e9abc59c3_c.jpg

Markus held a speech between two songs, addressing the growing issues of racism in Sweden. I think it's very important that rolemodels in popular culture make a stand, and I was happy that I got to say my gratitude for that in person after the gig was over. Me and Markus in shitty lighting:

15572193857_bf3713a327_c.jpg

With my mate being a major Knicks fan we always watch the games when we hang out. Of course they sucked ass like always and lost both to Brooklyn Nets and Atlanta Hawks.

15571508749_9b6bb84d0b_c.jpg

On sunday we went for a walk to see the castle. They're using it as a hotel these days. It was pretty small but I like the look of it.

15571508549_c1ac6db4e0_c.jpg

15571936628_3e7ffc11d3_c.jpg

@netleyhunter What does the crotch look like on your 32oz? I'm interested in how it's holding up and if you've had to do any repairs yet. Mine have developed a small hole in just 100 days of wear so far. Also, what repairs have you done so far? I think I remember you sending them to T&Y for some repairs but I never saw what actually got fixed.

13098978253_d81e7e6523_z.jpg_DSC3038 by GregoryPfaff, on Flickr

STVzkERl.jpg

@netleyhunter What does the crotch look like on your 32oz? I'm interested in how it's holding up and if you've had to do any repairs yet. Mine have developed a small hole in just 100 days of wear so far. Also, what repairs have you done so far? I think I remember you sending them to T&Y for some repairs but I never saw what actually got fixed.

There is a hole that developed in the crotch which I sent back to T&Y to be fixed. It lasted a couple months then is starting to rip again. It's a high stress area, so it's to be expected. Although mine have been worn a lot more than 100 days! Being that this is 32oz denim I am not able to do any repairs and doubt any tailor in my area would have the equipment to make the repairs. The seem by the zipper also needed to be repaired as the stitching went a few months back. Thus far no issues with that. The tops of the pocketbags where they meet the denim are ripping, again to be expected as it's a high friction area. Minor holes etc... that have developed on the stacks, but I kind of like them so no going to repair them at all.

Hi all your raw denim heads out there.

Almost 600 days are gone in this contest and although I'm watching the ongoing denim evolution most time as a guest I just can say that I already have seen many many awesome updates here,

It will be quite a challenge to judge all those beauties.

But let's see the final results next end of March.

So I just wish you all a lot of more fun with your ongoing and future raw denim projects and keeping the raw denim spirit alive 

I had a few good beers this weekend. Since there seems to be a couple of fellow beer lovers around I thought I'd share some pics. Apologies for the crappy lighting:

Nice, Bobbo. I'm not familiar with any of those beers, but I'll keep an eye out for them state-side. 

Calling all HWDC1 and 2 contestants who are also planning to participate in the DWC. A well known online denim magazine would like to interview you about your contest experience, and your plans for the DWC. If you would like to share your thoughts online please contact me at [email protected]

Toro

It seems, that you're rocking your jeans with hard core raw denim love

Looking great already. Let's see at the end of the HWDC2 about the final rankings,....

Tried taking another fit pic, and my dog kept jumping into the photos.  Despite her being in the shot, the texture still shows really well:

15853083202_139b644090_c.jpg

About to ski in them for the 3rd day in a row. :)

Edited by cander49

How's the skiing this year, Cander? I've been itching to get out--just gotta wait for it to snow some more in the Northwest!

It looks like the snow is really giving some hell to the fabric on your thighs! What an incredible texture, though. I always look forward to seeing how your jeans are progressing!

My feeling is that in this last couple of pages we have probably seen the winners, there are also a couple of strong contenders over on the IHF (the other forums seem to have lost interest).

We may be few, but we are strong it would seem.

Davil

Thank you fella!

Slowitchu & Max

No way....you guys also got a beautiful pair! and yes...I am also a big fan of drummer's pair and adventurer's pair...cheers!

swiss-jeansfreak

Thank you Mr.Ruedi, I really appreciate that...