DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

OT and the phone pics are ugly but here is my Devis D66 to bump this thread:

The denim was much lighter than other raws when new. It was hard to get fades going but after washing it a couple of times and the initial soak, the details started coming out. Unfortunately the rise is a bit too low and this has become my back up pair when I don't wear my Eternals. They have around 7 months of solid wear. Again, sorry for the ugly pics 

Front

IMG_20140413_191647_zps0149e28d.jpg

Color in this pic is more accurate

IMG_20140413_193206_zps801fc5a5.jpg

Back

IMG_20140413_193221_zps7908fc9a.jpg

No combs

IMG_20140413_193238_zpsaaf007f5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looking great tv! They've developed a lovely blue hue.

i'm really no match, have worn these far too little... :blush:

I hope with 'pain in the ass denim' you mean it's hard to fade! B)

Edited by Mich

Look great TV!  IMO, the fading is in line with what you'd see from a real pair of 40 to 60s jeans, rather than the stark white we get in the worn areas of most modern denim.    

Edited by setterman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's great news Drapygo.   Why not just extend the date till the end of June?  I think some of us, maybe just me, got a little bit of a later start due to sizing issues.  I'm finishing strong by wearing these as much as possible till the end!!

It's not a problem to extend the end date to June 30th! Actually how about people can start posting their final presentations of their jeans beginning June 17th and all the way till the 30th.

As for the news about the prize, unfortunately, doing a contest such as this creates awareness, and we encountered a certain kind of trouble (i'm sure you guys can all guess, =P but lets not point any fingers) therefore the prize has changed.

We decided that we will award the winner with a jean of their choice (yes there is a maximum budget you can choose lol).

I'd suggest the winner to choose something that is fairly hard to proxy from Japan. =D The details will be discussed with the winner by pm when the time comes.

Edited by drapygo

That's a great prize drapygo, too bad you guys have encountered problems, i truly hope this does not mean the end of Denim Project / Devi's.

As for the jeans, i won't be submitting photos, it's no use since i've worn them far too little because they fit me a bit too big right now, guess they've stretched a fair bit and also pretty easily.

Good luck to the ones submitting, i am curious for the results!

Edited by Mich

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Looking forward to see what all the pairs posted by the end of contest look like, as I've just ordered a pair from Taichi to hopefully reach me in time for my birthday.

here's a little update of mine, they haven't been worn at all regularly and the denim is very stubborn but I like the way it's aging.. in a couple of years I think they'll look superb!

63BD1D9F-C965-4A7C-946F-ED9CECA42392_zps

2654512C-E79B-44BC-BEF9-A53DC6D7820E_zps

81EB897B-9DC5-4FD1-BC7B-EAA39FC07313_zps

the most accurate pic is the one of the back pocket, the denim is actually pretty slubby and rough but hard to capture with a phone.

Edited by kimi

• 2 weeks later...

final pic's!  been an interesting year.  too bad the enthusiasm for this contest died so quickly after people got their jeans.  seems like most couldn't get down with the fit or maybe the stubborn denim.  I would say that mine have a solid 9 months of wear.  I did do two jeans tours and mixed in my other stuff in between.  i think the jeans will look better in time!

d068584d-a8f6-4291-8f55-fa49551ae36d_zps

IMG_5140_zpsf668c36c.jpg

IMG_5136_zps1ee3bd65.jpg

IMG_5138_zps79fe5601.jpg

IMG_5135_zpsd9923096.jpg

IMG_5134_zps2764743d.jpg

IMG_5147_zps44f2017d.jpg

IMG_5142_zps183dba19.jpg

IMG_5149_zps2f12b351.jpg

Definitely a shame but your pair is a beaut! I'm glad you were able to hold the fort down and stay committed to these jeans, they really do deserve the attention and you did them justice!

Edited by aho