Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

I've been doing a bit of math, considering changing my size for the HWDC busters:

1. I have a pair of size 31 3Sixteen ST-100x which were pretty fuckin tight in the thigh when I got them, but fit fine now.

2. Self Edge lists the thigh as 10.7 for these jeans

3. Self Edge lists the thigh for the regular busters at 10.7 for a size 30.

4. Iron Heart lists the thigh for the regular busters at 11 for a size 30.

5. Iron Heart lists the thigh for the HWDC busters at 11 for a size 30

Does this mean I'll be able to fit into a 30? The waist is a non-issue, my big thighs are the limiting factor in my jeans purchases. I've measured all my jeans myself, by the Self Edge and Iron Heart methods, but my results have been pretty inconclusive, leading me to ask yall for advice.

I'm sure I'll have a few sizing questions as well.

My current pair are IHDC4001s, and love them. Looks like the contest Busters will have a slightly higher rise (which IMO is very good), and a narrower leg opening/slimmer fit from the knee down(not such a good thing for me)

Basically it boils down to this: I'm tall, I can barely get a single cuff on the 4001, and I'm really thin(size 30 actual size) so I want to find a happy medium between jeans that make me look even thinner than I am, and jeans that make me look like a skinny dude wearing pants that don't fit and look sloppy. I have a pair of Roy RS03's in 30" and the fit is good except a little baggy in the thigh. My N&F X Momo Skinny Guys fit, but I don't care for how close they fit.

Should I size up in the Mega Busters to get a little extra room? Normally I wouldn't be as particular, but I plan on really wearing these for every bit of the two years, so I want them to be as spot on as possible. I like the way Busters look in a lot of the fit pics I've seen, but I'm betting most of those folks are 6'5" with a 35" inseam.

I love the IH in 21oz, I basically live in them outside of work. I'm just concerned the taper will be less flattering on my freakishly long skinny bird type legs ;)

Yes, please!

If that kind of thing excites you so much, feel free to send me all your existing jeans and I'll individually number each pair with a biro for $50 per item. You must also pay for the return post.

No free tee's, we do not make a profit from this competition and neither do our friends and sponsors. To organise this contest, administrate it, design logos, tee's, flashers, get stuff printed etc..... actually costs us money. We do this because we want to.

Edited by Megatron1505

And to expand on that, I actually wanted to introduce an administration fee ($10) for entry this time, to cover our costs of printing, and sampling products. Beatle did not want to do this, so it's her you have to thank for that....... my wallet disagreed.

Also, just to add, that there might well be a small (voluntary) charge, as there was in HWDC1, to cover the cost of the belt from Obbigood, who are making it purely for the cost of materials because they are nice like that.

I'm just excited to take part! I'd gladly chip in a contribution to help put this together. I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole event progresses, and the resulting denim.

Thanks sincerely for putting this on and making it happen!

Sizing question for Beatle: will the competition Busters run small in the waist as per the IH sizing chart? 36s measured with a waist of 35 scare me, but 38 will be too big in all the other measurements.

the measurements currently up are as per 21oz..

there is no way to predict the size specs on the 25oz version down to the nanometer ...my gut feeling is that due to the stiffness of the fabric the 25oz version will run a tad bigger than the 21oz version..in other words - I would think a 30 measures closer to a 30 than a 29...

...my gut feeling is that due to the stiffness of the fabric the 25oz version will run a tad bigger than the 21oz version..in other words - I would think a 30 measures closer to a 30 than a 29...

If this ends up being correct, I am all over these. I've tried both size 33 and 34 in the 21oz version, and I didn't like the fit on the 34's. The 33's fit perfectly after the waist stretched to 34".

hoping this contest brings some steam back to superfuture. feel like a dork checking the forum multiple times daily with few updates. :(

I wrote out the "Main Post" for the actual thread, which will go live the 26th, today. I think when everyone sees what we have planned that this contest could explode. I too hope to bring some traffic back to Superdenim with this contest, this is a great forum, with some incredible knowledge.