Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

^ Yeah, I recall there being someone who said he's gonna wear his n&f 32oz. It will be much more clear once the official thread is started and the roaster is written.

Early in this thread I had said I was going to wear the 32 oz N&Fs but that was before the start date was pushed back to April. I was hoping to get in some good winter wear so that by the time the weather warmed up they will have softened a bit. Now that the early stages will be during warm weather I'm having second thoughts about using the 32oz... As a NYC snob, there are only 2 things I concede that are absolutely SHIT about this city -- the horrid state of disrepair into which the subway system has fallen...and the unbearable humidity of its summers. I know everyone in the tropics are rolling their eyes at that but NYC is a very polluted and crowded city and the summer humidity of the Hudson delta just intensifies the unpleasantness. I HATE NYC during the summers and I don't think I can wear 32oz denim that is still stiff during them. We'll see how motivated I am about this...

Early in this thread I had said I was going to wear the 32 oz N&Fs but that was before the start date was pushed back to April. I was hoping to get in some good winter wear so that by the time the weather warmed up they will have softened a bit. Now that the early stages will be during warm weather I'm having second thoughts about using the 32oz... As a NYC snob, there are only 2 things I concede that are absolutely SHIT about this city -- the horrid state of disrepair into which the subway system has fallen...and the unbearable humidity of its summers. I know everyone in the tropics are rolling their eyes at that but NYC is a very polluted and crowded city and the summer humidity of the Hudson delta just intensifies the unpleasantness. I HATE NYC during the summers and I don't think I can wear 32oz denim that is still stiff during them. We'll see how motivated I am about this...

Just wondering, whats the weather like in NYC during the summer?

Does it hit 90F/ 80+% RH?

Well, walking around hating your (choice of) denim for a couple of months isn't really what this is all about. Just be a badass in your 32oz now, show us some evo and hopefully you find some other pair to give some love for the contest.

And by the way, Netleyhunter said he's gonna kick some 32oz N&F so we'll still get to see how they evolve over a 2 year period.

:sad:

Not following you, why the sad face?

Iron Heart are publicising the jeans through their newsletter on the 22nd, to cut the preorder off 2 days later would simply be bad manners.

I hear that, I'm gonna explode if I don't get to tell you guys some of the cool shit that we have planned soon.

As an offer of Christmas Kindness...

You can tell me everything about the contest via Pm Mega.

Just to save you from exploding.

Go-on get it off your chest, you'll feel much better after ;)

Looking forward to the Announcement.

Edited by UkeNo

i was holding out til the last minute for the pre-order cuz i was gauging how things are going to impact my holiday expense budget .

well, don't need to hold my breath any longer ... i'm OUT on the BB order & Super Heavyweight category.

i am planning on entering my Samurai Jins for the heavyweight division, instead.

Damn 45RPM Fujimon & WL T.O.W. boots got me blind-sided :(

You need Facebook and Twitter man, lots of hinting been going on.

No more until the 26th now, probably...

Don't have Facebook but I do have twitter! :D --> @somar87

Who do I have to follow...?

I'll be soon out some time until January 7 for my second love beside raw denim: The snowy mountains!!!

I'ill try to catch up later then in case I have no internet access. So I hope not to miss to much until then

As Megatron already said, the guys at DC4 in Berlin offer 10% off on Samurai and The Flat Head jeans that qould qualify to enbter this contest (> 17oz).

Here are the pairs in question:

TFH 2011

TFH 2015

S4000VX

S5000VX

S510XX21oz

S710XX

If your size is gone or you want to get hold of a different model, just contact the guys at DC4!

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Brilliant from DC4, and the offers, discounts and prizes just keep on rolling........

Naked and Famous

N&F will give a special edition, 32oz, super heavy denim bag to the most active participant in the Super Heavy category !!! This will be a one off, never been produced before, super special, HWDC2 exclusive item.

Tate & Yoko

T&Y are offering a 10% discount to anyone wishing to purchase jeans weighing in at 17oz or above from their web store. To take advantage of this generous offer please enter the code TYHWDC2 upon purchasing. T&Y stock an extensive range of Naked and Famous, The Flat Head, Kamikaze Attack, Paul Rose and Studio D'Artisan denim, all of which is contest worthy.

Tate & Yoko

T&Y are offering a 10% discount to anyone wishing to purchase jeans weighing in at 17oz or above from their web store. To take advantage of this generous offer please enter the code TYHWDC2 upon purchasing. T&Y stock an extensive range of Naked and Famous, The Flat Head, Kamikaze Attack, Paul Rose and Studio D'Artisan denim, all of which is contest worthy.

Do they have any N&F jeans at the moment that will qualify for the super heavy division? It is to bad that the 25oz elephant 3 will not be ready in time