Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

Just finishing up the AW contest not sure if I'm ready for another but those heavy weight Beatle busters are calling my name.

Mega & Beats - looking at the measurements on the IH website - the Beatle busters are similar in cut to the IH x SE 07 BK's? Can you confirm? The 07 BK's are my second fav cut. You might be putting my name on the list of 43...make it 42?!?

Sounds like we're definitely seeing some Mega Beatle Busters in the near future! Now I'm more curious to see what other brands will be competing.

I'm thinking of scoring some Steel Feathers myself. What other awsome choices(that's not too pricey) do I have at hand? Anyone got some good tips for a nice slim fit?

Edited by Bobbo

Sounds like we're definitely seeing some Mega Beatle Busters in the near future! Now I'm more curious to see what other brands will be competing.

I'm thinking of scoring some Steel Feathers myself. What other awsome choices(that's not too pricey) do I have at hand? Anyone got some good tips for a nice slim fit?

This... http://www.tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/315-kamikaze-attack-limited-edition-20oz-deep-indigo-slim-straight.html

Steel Feather jeans will stand out in this competition. Unique, exceptional quality, and unbeatable on price point with the 15% discount for HWDC2. A very wearable 21oz. Not too heavy. Not too light. On point. Quality kibata denim crafted in Kojima, Okayama. Dare to be different. The rest can take their bets.

http://rivetandhide....-0121-jean.html

Enter HWDC2 for 15% discount on price on check out page.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

I've seen the Steel Feather jeans first hand, and they are very, very nice.

Yeah man, I saw your pics from the party. :ph34r: I really dig Anders project and I don't seem to be the only one. Great response thusfar and it's within a reasonable pricerange albeit being a student and all. Especially with the discount.

@Tate & Yoko - Thanks for the tip! It's a sweet deal but the tone on tone stitching and the patch ain't my cup of tea.

Yeah man, I saw your pics from the party. :ph34r: I really dig Anders project and I don't seem to be the only one. Great response thusfar and it's within a reasonable pricerange albeit being a student and all. Especially with the discount.

@Tate & Yoko - Thanks for the tip! It's a sweet deal but the tone on tone stitching and the patch ain't my cup of tea.

If you are a student and low on funds, you can also consider the 21oz Unbranded jeans which just came out. About $100 retail for 21oz selvedge denim with 43200G chain-stitching, hidden rivets, etc.

Bobbo, if you're looking for a ludicrously heavy pair of jeans for the contest, Aero Leather are flogging off their last pairs of 28 oz and 30 oz Eight G jeans at £150.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=445

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1024

There's only size 30 in the 28 oz, but 30, 32 and 36 in the heavier 30 oz. The 30 oz jeans appear to be about true to size on the waist, but will shrink by about 2" / 5 cm. I don't know about the 28 oz style.

Aero also have Tender Type 132 in at £165, which is a very good price for them. They're 17 oz. from memory, but you could always check with Rodeo Bill. If you're really tall then they're great because they're enormously long.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=828

Other shops do run Tender cheap from time-to-time. Okiya had a couple of pairs the weld dyed jeans at half price in the summer, and I still kick myself for not picking them up.

Danny, I'd love a pair of the Steel Feather jeans, but my manly thighs are too big for them, and they'd be too short after shrinking.

I'm tempted to use the Eight Gs in the contest as a left-field entry. I've also got a pair of Tender 130s that would also work, and only been worn a month. My original plan had been a pair of the grey Ironheart 634s. I'll see nearer the time.

If you are a student and low on funds, you can also consider the 21oz Unbranded jeans which just came out. About $100 retail for 21oz selvedge denim with 43200G chain-stitching, hidden rivets, etc.

$100 is crazy. Probably not gonna be my contestpair but I might end up getting a pair later on. Sounds like a rather good way to turn friends into denimheads. :D

And thanks Graeme! 30oz must be mad tough to wear in. I think someone is gonna wear the N&F 32oz this time right? Poor sod, I don't even wanna imagine what it feels like.

http://www.theunbran...rand.com/denim/

not sure if they have anything heavier than 15oz right now

or go to 3x1 in NYC , same concept..

but I admit - when the guy showed me a level 1 sample jeans and the top button was plastic , I had to get out of there...

What the fuck, plastic top button? Don't think I've seen that on any jeans, ever.