Announcement: HWDC Round 2 2013/15

Megatron1505

@Mega - Can I suggest that for this next competition you guys select some non-biased judges? For example, Gilles is probably knowledgble regarding heavy denim but he is clearly biased towards Iron Heart. This 2nd competition hasn't even begun and is already so heavily biased towards the Beatle Busters. Personally I think it would be more fair to all contestants if the judges don't have a particular bias towards any brand. (or at least no bias towards any brand that is worn in the contest)

For example, a guy like Larry McKaughan from Heller's Cafe may make a perfect judge. He's a huge collector and a highly respected expert on vintage jeans. Hmm... know that I think of it, he is connected to Warehouse jeans, but I don't think they make anything 17oz and up. I can put you in touch with him if/when you need...

A timely reminder to anyone daring to be different in this great HWDC2 competition.

This 21oz denim from Steel Feather has impressive construction details and unique vintage detailing. A 15% discount is applied to any purchases for the competition.

Just enter HWDC2 into the coupon code and the discount will be added.

£204

$323

€263.50

http://rivetandhide....el-feather.html

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

@Mega - Can I suggest that for this next competition you guys select some non-biased judges? For example, Gilles is probably knowledgble regarding heavy denim but he is clearly biased towards Iron Heart. This 2nd competition hasn't even begun and is already so heavily biased towards the Beatle Busters. Personally I think it would be more fair to all contestants if the judges don't have a particular bias towards any brand. (or at least no bias towards any brand that is worn in the contest)

For example, a guy like Larry McKaughan from Heller's Cafe may make a perfect judge. He's a huge collector and a highly respected expert on vintage jeans. Hmm... know that I think of it, he is connected to Warehouse jeans, but I don't think they make anything 17oz and up. I can put you in touch with him if/when you need...

Judges have yet to be finalised for round 2.

Also, I don't understand how a judge can be biased towards a particular jean, when it is the person wearing them who effects the denim and how they are worn.

What Iron Heart have done with the Mega Beatle Busters is fantastic for the competition, but we still only have 43 sales and we are anticipating anywhere up to 200 competitors. Also, as this the Heavyweight Denim Championship, and Iron Heart make heavy denim, the association is pretty tough to avoid, and I wouldn't want to.

Just a timely reminder that the competition is open to any and all brands, we have very generous offers from Steel Feather, Rivet and Hide, and Tuck Shop.

I cannot force people to buy or not buy a particular jean, and the competition is now open across several forums. I believe that we will actually see more diversity this time, with some local Indonesian brands being represented too, so I look forward to another strong competition.

Judges have yet to be finalised for round 2.

Also, I don't understand how a judge can be biased towards a particular jean, when it is the person wearing them who effects the denim and how they are worn.

What Iron Heart have done with the Mega Beatle Busters is fantastic for the competition, but we still only have 43 sales and we are anticipating anywhere up to 200 competitors. Also, as this the Heavyweight Denim Championship, and Iron Heart make heavy denim, the association is pretty tough to avoid, and I wouldn't want to.

Just a timely reminder that the competition is open to any and all brands, we have very generous offers from Steel Feather, Rivet and Hide, and Tuck Shop.

I cannot force people to buy or not buy a particular jean, and the competition is now open across several forums. I believe that we will actually see more diversity this time, with some local Indonesian brands being represented too, so I look forward to another strong competition.

I should mention that I think you and Beatle are doing a kick-ass job, and I mean for my comments to be helpful, not only critical. "The best fade" is subjective, and the judge will be biased if they have a connection to the brand. If a judge is the distributor of Iron Heart, they are going to lean towards voting for a person who is wearing Iron Heart.

I'm glad to see that many brands will be represented.

Not that I think Giles is the kind of guy that would be consciously biased, but isn't this why there's more than one judge? This contest isn't the 'have Giles judge the best pair of Iron Hearts' HWDC.

Not that I think Giles is the kind of guy that would be consciously biased, but isn't this why there's more than one judge? This contest isn't the 'have Giles judge the best pair of Iron Hearts' HWDC.

Not only that, but since not everyone can know the judges, everyone trusts Mega to select people with integrity that will vote without bias. He goes through a lot of work to put this together, and I don't think he's let anyone down in the past, and especially the future with how things are shaping up for Round2.

Just saying in general. If there is anyone that are afraid of bias-ness. How about a system where the judges decision make 50% and probably a voting open to all that makes the 50% of the final decision. Of course the competitors can't vote on themselves. But you know having something like that might make it a little fairer in terms of what zwer said.

It doesn't really have to be 50-50. The percentage could be well different.

No problem, pleased to have one of our friends from across the channel on board.

dhalgren, didn't take it as a criticism man, trust me when I say that the judges will be good, fair, and appropriate.

SO Stoaked for the competition! Where do I sign up? :D

Here you go, I did some reasearch for you...got it from rawr denim. If you head over to the front page of this thread it tells you that you need to pay deposit and wait for the registration for the competition which was posted on rawrdenim. So there isn't a "sign up" sheet yet, until December 31, 2012. If your so stoaked you should read these couple of pages before posting.

December 24th – Pre-Order for the Mega Beatle Busters ends.

December 26th – Announcement of most (if not all) of the things we have planned.

December 31st  - Competition Registration begins across the forums.

Mid-March – We have the “Gosport Chain Stitch Massacre†at Iron Heart UK headquarters; any and all are welcome, free beer provided.

April 1st – Competition begins!

Edited by whackedout

I am in! I can't wait to get it started. Really like the idea behind the categories, outdoors, work, etc...

I am so stoked for this competition, April 1st can't come fast enough! Couple thoughts of my own, of course the size of this competition everyone is going to have their own ideas on how things are done. So take em or leave em! :)

1. Having a number of judges from a wide range of different back grounds to provide fair and biased decisions is a good idea. (Don't have any doubt that this will happen.)

2. I see the list of sponsors and supporters is growing and I'm sure will continue to expand as we get closer to the launch date. I would suggest that there are prizes for things other than just first prize. Ex, most destroyed pair of jeans, best vintage fading, the heaviest heavyweight denim, least faded pair etc... Having an ultimate prize with lots of cash or prizes for the winner might tempt some to artificially fade their jeans.

3. Not sure about opening the voting up to the general public, we all know that online polls results can be skewed when those in the competition get all their friends to vote for them. Those with the most friends could win.

I don't have any doubt that this will be a fantastic competition and many thanks to Megatron1505 and beatle for making the effort to put this on!

Edited by Netleyhunter

Thanks for your comments NH, to respond individually....

1) Don't worry about that, trust us.

2) There will be other prizes, and they will be for "other" things.

3) Any general vote would only be for people signed up to the contest.

Here you go, I did some reasearch for you...got it from rawr denim. If you head over to the front page of this thread it tells you that you need to pay deposit and wait for the registration for the competition which was posted on rawrdenim. So there isn't a "sign up" sheet yet, until December 31, 2012. If your so stoaked you should read these couple of pages before posting.

December 24th – Pre-Order for the Mega Beatle Busters ends.

December 26th – Announcement of most (if not all) of the things we have planned.

December 31st  - Competition Registration begins across the forums.

Mid-March – We have the “Gosport Chain Stitch Massacre†at Iron Heart UK headquarters; any and all are welcome, free beer provided.

April 1st – Competition begins!

Thanks for the info! I originally heard of it from rawr denim. I guess Iissed the actuall registration date when I first read it.